• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think all of the localization files are when the should be
View attachment 802564
I tried filling out the fields using a tutorial, but it resulted in an error. Here is the log text:
Code:
2022-02-05 23:49:05     [INFO] Frontend configuration loaded.
2022-02-05 23:49:05     [INFO] Frontend options loaded.
2022-02-05 23:49:11     [INFO] CK3DocDirectory set to: /extra/home/matt.local/share/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings III
2022-02-05 23:49:14     [INFO] CK3directory set to: /extra/home/matt.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Crusader Kings III
2022-02-05 23:49:18     [INFO] EU4directory set to: /extra/home/matt.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Europa Universalis IV
2022-02-05 23:49:21     [INFO] targetGameModPath set to: /extra/home/matt.local/share/Paradox Interactive/Europa Universalis IV/mod
2022-02-05 23:49:24     [INFO] SaveGame set to: /extra/home/matt.local/share/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings III/save games/Emperor_Dragos_of_Carpathia_1446_11_21.ck3
2022-02-05 23:49:32    [ERROR] Could not find converter folder!
Actually I've fixed some bugs with the frontend and now it will load properly and launch the converter. You'd need to checkout it again and see if you'll have more luck.

Mmm. Hmm. Honestly I haven't tried building the linux variant in years. I can confirm what you're seeing, there's the issue of not loading (or applying) localizations from disk, not writing configuration, not executing the actual converter and so on.

I won't be fixing this any time soon. However, not all is lost.

Inside the source folder, CK3toEU4/Data_Files, you'll find configuration-example.txt. copy it to the Release/CK3toEU4/configuration.txt, edit it so it matches your system and options, and run the converter binary manually, thus sidestepping the frontend. The Frontend's only purpose is to generate that file, and once conversion is done, copy the final conversion mod from output/ directory to the eu4's mod flder, which you can also do manually.

I hope this helps.
This worked! Thanks for all your help!
I see in your other reply that you've now fixed some bugs, so next time I want a save converted I'll reinstall the converter and see if it works

Hey great mod, but i want to ask if you have plans to include the new dlc royal court, and the custom culteres that you can form there, is this possible with eu4?
No similar functionality is possible with eu4.

No similar functionality is possible with eu4.
Wouldnt it be possible to make national ideas and spirits depending on the culture? The Royal Court and artifacts are useless for EU4 but I personally thought the custom and random new cultures might be a good basis for the converter to make new national ideas. Like if I made all my cultural pactices martial I get many martial spirits. Maybe it would even be possible to make it so that the customs work together to generate new spirits, like a 5% moral spirit needs specifc customs.

I also thought that special mechanics like the prussian monarchy might be able to be locked behind a specific mixture of customs.

Wouldnt it be possible to make national ideas and spirits depending on the culture? The Royal Court and artifacts are useless for EU4 but I personally thought the custom and random new cultures might be a good basis for the converter to make new national ideas. Like if I made all my cultural pactices martial I get many martial spirits. Maybe it would even be possible to make it so that the customs work together to generate new spirits, like a 5% moral spirit needs specifc customs.

I also thought that special mechanics like the prussian monarchy might be able to be locked behind a specific mixture of customs.
That's require us to parse and properly load all the individual cultural ideas, along with localizations and then do some frankenstein merge at random to get a "cultural" idea set that may or may not be active if the tag is a named tag that already has ideas from vanilla.

Honestly, no.

We'll do merged cultures, sure, but dabbling in ideas is not something I'm fond of.

I have a feeling the answer will be no, but is there anyway to make this converter work with the Nvidia Geforce Now versions of both games?

The converters require access to the games' install directories, so no. Sorry.

• 1Like
Reactions:
PSA

I'm looking for save games that contain Royal Court features - merged or divergent cultures and similar.
I'm also looking for saves *without* the DLC active so we can make sure nothing is broken.

If you have such example saves - they don't need to be fully completed runs - please upload them here for testing. Thank you!

PSA 2

Royal Court 1.5 compatible release of the converter will release AFTER EU4 1.33 version is live, which should be ... probably soon.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
Will a diverged and/or hybridized culture that already has a culture equivalent in vanilla EU4 have the custom culture assigned to the vanilla one? Or will it stay separate. For example, say I form the Archduchy of Austria and diverge an Austrian culture from Bavarian. Will that custom Austrian culture be assigned the the vanilla eu4 culture, or will the 2 cultures stay separate but with the same name?

How will the converter work with EU4 with hybrid/diverged cultures? Will it go to the most similar culture?
Yes.
Will a diverged and/or hybridized culture that already has a culture equivalent in vanilla EU4 have the custom culture assigned to the vanilla one? Or will it stay separate. For example, say I form the Archduchy of Austria and diverge an Austrian culture from Bavarian. Will that custom Austrian culture be assigned the the vanilla eu4 culture, or will the 2 cultures stay separate but with the same name?
Hybrid/diverged goes to a known culture whenever possible.

Reactions:
I'm looking for save games that contain Royal Court features - merged or divergent cultures and similar.
I'm also looking for saves *without* the DLC active so we can make sure nothing is broken.

If you have such example saves - they don't need to be fully completed runs - please upload them here for testing. Thank you!
It's been a few days, but if you still need saves for testing I have a completed Royal Court save that I'm pretty sure has dozens of merged and diverged cultures

Attachments

• emperor_cristofuru_of_trinacria_1452_12_31_local.ck3
    51,8 MB · Views: 0
Reactions:
I got a problem
1. Whenever I boot up the conveterfrontend it says it needs an update and that 0.10 jain is out yet when I click yes and install it, It then says again that I need an update and that 0.10 is out. When I went to find this ellusive 0.10 jain I couldn't
2. After saying no it gives me a warning
2022-02-11 18:01:40 [WARNING] Release 0.10 Jain - for CK3[1.5] and EU4[1.33] doesn't have a .zip asset.
3. when I try to convert the save the first part goes fine but it fails at the second
this is my log.txt

Attachments

• log.txt
    4,4 KB · Views: 0
Reactions:
PSA

PSA 2

Royal Court 1.5 compatible release of the converter will release AFTER EU4 1.33 version is live, which should be ... probably soon.
This save is from an Observe game started in 1066.
Plenty of new cultures.

I'll upload another tomorrow-

Attachments

• OBSERVE 1066.ck3
    49,5 MB · Views: 0
Reactions:
I got a problem
1. Whenever I boot up the conveterfrontend it says it needs an update and that 0.10 jain is out yet when I click yes and install it, It then says again that I need an update and that 0.10 is out. When I went to find this ellusive 0.10 jain I couldn't
2. After saying no it gives me a warning
2022-02-11 18:01:40 [WARNING] Release 0.10 Jain - for CK3[1.5] and EU4[1.33] doesn't have a .zip asset.
3. when I try to convert the save the first part goes fine but it fails at the second
this is my log.txt
I know what went wrong know, I was using the current version of ck3 not 1.4

But doesn't the 0.10 release state it's for CK3 1.5? shouldn't it then be compatible with the latest version? same problem here, looking for answers
1644669669672.png

Should be a few days.