• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
August 1846 was a good month for the revolutionary cause. People in Baden were the most displeased with the monarchy and within 4 months the army of Baden was destroyed by the revolutionaries and the monarch executed, the Liberal Revolution had achieved success in Germany. The Kingdom was replaced by a democratic government.

BAD-1.jpg

Dissent also arose in Jaisalmer, a British satellite, soldiers were unhappy to fight a war for the British Empire in Northern America and mutinied against the Raj. Without an army to fight the mutiny the local Raj was replaced with another one, who was less loyal to the British.

JAI.jpg

January 1847 was would spell another success in Germany. People in Kaiserslautern, Augsburg and Ingolstadt were rebelling against the King of Bavaria. Once Augsburg and Ingolstadt had fallen a group of 20,000 men entered the city of Munich.

BAY-1.jpg

More welcome news was heard from a local island near the Revolutionary Head Quarters. Jamaica had overthrown the British Governor! If Jamaica could be held, the Revolutionaries would have an new base of operation in the Caribbean.

Jamaica.jpg

And in April 1848, more as a year after the start of the revolution in Bavaria, the King abdicated and a democracy was installed in it’s place.

SuccesGER.jpg

Some other noteworthy events; a revolt took place in Londonderry against the British, but unfortunately failed due to the unpreparedness of the Irish revolters. The people of Texas, most notable Austin, hate being under Yankee rule and revolt at least 3 times a year. Unfortunately they are not learning that 500-600 people are not enough to overthrow the Yankee rule.

Nations collapsed: 6 (Argentina, Uruguay, Travancore, Bavaria, Baden and Jaisalmer)
Current provinces occupied by Rebels: 1 (Jamaica)

I think that Jamaica will be a nice addition to your lands.

Mon. :D

ComradeOm said:
Very nice. This must be your productive period yet?

(Although it is Derry, not Londonderry :mad: :p )

Yes, its. 3 governments collapsed in less as 2-3 years, including a decent sized country. (Actually Bavaria became a GP after their government collapsed)

likk9922 said:
I think that Jamaica will be a nice addition to your lands.

Mon. :D

Yes, it would. I've to wait for at least 3 years, though. Islands can't defect, so I need to manually do that. And after 3 years of waiting it seems justified to do that.

'Ey Mon, ye conquering Jamaica,eh?

Nice work with da Baden, and da Bayern! :D

This is a really interesting concept. Enjoying it immensly.

Ahura Mazda said:
Immigration perhaps?! :eek:

Most likely because I held their capital and crippled their economy....

CCA said:
3 cheers for the revolution comrades!

And the best thing the Liberal Revolution isn't over yet and the AI is extremely bad at managing militancy :D

Prinz Wilhelm said:
'Ey Mon, ye conquering Jamaica,eh?

Nice work with da Baden, and da Bayern!

It will be ours, but first we need to hold it against any British counter-attacks.

grayghost said:
This is a really interesting concept. Enjoying it immensly.

Well, thank you!

Wannabe Tatar said:
It will be ours, but first we need to hold it against any British counter-attacks.

Very good, we all like Jamaica :)

Wannabe Tatar said:
Most likely because I held their capital and crippled their economy....
If they had a democracy, the (often forgotten) oppressed people who couldn't go to america(a.k.a. the seasick ones...) could flee to bavaria!

Rebellions a plenty! Very nice, WT. :cool:

Once again sorry for the huge delay :eek:o The problem is that my study takes a lot of time (and I mean a LOT) Fortunately, things have calmed down a bit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Although between 1848 and 1851 plenty of revolutionary activities took place, the success rate was horribly low. Most rebels were either to ill-prepared to fight their local oppressors or were to few to hold the government troops at bay. 50 angry Texans aren’t going to overthrow the Yankee government, especially not when they are at war with Britain. The Cherokee of Tampa, although more numerous, more specifically 10 times more numerous, were also unable to pose a threat.

Dhaka.jpg

From the Great Powers who suffered from the Liberal Revolution, only Britain had some minor setbacks delivered to them by the various revolutionary activities. Several uprisings in Wexford and Sligo in Ireland, were violently crushed. However, in India, there was more success to report. Several parts of India, having seen the liberation of Jodhpur and Travancore, rose against the British. The Southern tip of India was at one point almost completely liberated, as were parts of the Punjab and near Assam. Smaller uprisings were crushed by loyal Indian princes, but the bigger revolts had to be crushed by the British Army itself, usually involving 2-1 odds or higher. But by 1851 the revolutionary activities were crushed in India.

India-1.jpg

Jamaica. The island which was held by the revolutionaries in 1848. Anticipating a British counter attack the revolutionaries dug in and anticipated the British. In 1849 the British send 3 divisions to Jamaica. A bloody battle ensued, in which 9500 revolutionaries died. The battle, and thus island, were lost, but at a heavy price, nearly 21,750 British troops died in retaking the islands

JaimaicaII.jpg

Austria and Hannover suffered from uprisings, although none were extremely serious. The ‘Stade Rebellion’ of July 1849 took 1/3 of the Kingdom, but forces from neighboring free-states and the Kingdom of Prussia crushed it. A bit further east the Poles were getting restless as well, but with 90% of the Russian army stationed in Poland it was a lost cause. Korea, China, Vietnam and some Indian minor also experienced uprisings, but were crushed, although in China 30,000 revolutionaries have recently taken up arms and are preparing to spread the revolution.

China.jpg

I nearly forgot, we did overthrow one government. The Emir of Khiva was overthrown and replaced by a new one.

Wooho, Khiva.. :wacko:

Atleast you didn't let the british get Jamaica freely! :D

Even if the rebels are not making many gains in terms of land, they certainly are having an impact with regards to casualties. That's a frightening number of dead on Jamaica. . . With time you may work your opponents into exhaustion.

More rebellions, more uprisings, more rebel defeats. Khiva being the one bright spot. Still, really entertaining.

You know everytime I read "Rebel Scum" I think about the part in Return of the Jedi where...uh...never mind.:eek:o: