• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So are the collapsed nations your satalites?

Quintilian said:
It’s good to hear the revolutionaries are finally having some success – however limited their victories might be. Hopefully, you can defend Kars against the Ottomans.

Don't worry, look at the date. It comes close to 1845, from which point a lot of events in my favour will start to kick in.

ComradeOm said:
Viva la revolution!

Will you get any benefits from the successful uprising in Uruguay? Perhaps the new government will provide some services...?

Unfortunately no. I could have made them a satellite (still can, as I'm still in war with them), but then we would have no revolution. The worst part is that I lost two divisions because of the revolution (rebel divisions dissapear with a successful revolution)

likk9922 said:
So are the collapsed nations your satalites?

No. They are still free, but as I'm still at war with them I could try to satellite them later on.

Wannabe Tatar said:
No. They are still free, but as I'm still at war with them I could try to satellite them later on.

Do I smell Rebel puppets? :eek:

Sorry for the delay, but here is another update.

Despite the impressive gains by the Armenian Liberation Movement, it wasn’t too last long. The Turkish advance in Artvin was crushed and Erzurum liberated from the Ottoman clutches, but the Ottomans brought is substantial reinforcements and after one and a half years of fighting the uprising was crushed.

Artvin.jpg

Meanwhile, in India, several uprisings occurred all over the subcontinent. From Punjab to Travancore rebels fought the local governments. Most were crushed before they could even pose a threat to the establishment. Yet in Travancore, the rebels succeeded in taking the capital and forced the government to abdicate.

Travancore.jpg

In 1845, the people of Rosario (Argentina) rose up in arms and marched to Buenos Aires. Here they defeated the royal guards and took control of the Argentine capital.

Argentina.jpg

Now that we can research (making 0.66 RP a day) I decided to at least catch up with the western world and researched ‘Army Professionalism’, ‘Muzzle-Loaded Rifles’ and some organization tech. Hopefully this research will allow us to overthrow some governments in Europe. Some note worthy events; The Greek Constitution fired for the German states, increasing pop militancy, and as it’s now 1845, the Liberal Revolution will soon fire as well.

Amount of governments overthrown: 2 (Uruguay and Travancore)

Things are looking up for the rebels, what with the ability to research now and a massive period of instability in Europe on the horizon. Best of luck! :)

It's back! And the successes keep rolling in...

Don't worry, the Armenians are a very... spirited people. You should have no issue with getting a few more rebels from them. :D

Quintilian said:
Things are looking up for the rebels, what with the ability to research now and a massive period of instability in Europe on the horizon. Best of luck! :)

Thanks, hopefully we'll be able to collapse some real governments this time.

ComradeOm said:
Did you get research points through modding? Regardless, its probably a good idea not to invest them in cultural techs ;)

I gave myself a culture, so now I can research. Most of my research will be directed at army, naval and industrial techs (imagine a Rebel Scum dreadnought)

likk9922 said:
It's back! And the successes keep rolling in...

Don't worry, the Armenians are a very... spirited people. You should have no issue with getting a few more rebels from them. :D

I'll try to update more frequently, as even I was surprised it took me week to update this again.

As for Armenia, we'll have another shot.

Wannabe Tatar said:
Thanks, hopefully we'll be able to collapse some real governments this time.

I gave myself a culture, so now I can research. Most of my research will be directed at army, naval and industrial techs (imagine a Rebel Scum dreadnought)

I'll try to update more frequently, as even I was surprised it took me week to update this again.

As for Armenia, we'll have another shot.

OMG...Pirates! YAY!

Thats all I have to say(other than good update, and that things are actually looking up :D )

2 governments down, 200 to go :p

I was not able to update this (or my other AAR) recently, due to personal issues, but I'll be returning to this AAR shortly and an update will be ready by the end of this week.

Good to hear, WT. I just caught up today and so far, so good. :)

The period from august 1845 till august 1846 was a rather quiet period. Although some revolutionary elements were spreading, most failed horribly. The uprisings in Annam, Texas, Hannover and Punjab were crushed by the local governments. However, there were two promising uprisings in Sardinia-Piedmont and Baden.

Europe46.jpg

In Savoy the city of Annecy had fallen to the rebels, and they managed to encircle 1,000 troops of the king. A long battle in the forested mountains of Chambery ensued in which the Revolutionary Guard destroyed the King’s regiment and proceeded to take the city. Unfortunately 2 divisions were besieging Annecy and it looked if the revolution in Italy would fail.

Victory-1.jpg

Outside Europe, the revolutionary cause was slowly dying down. Only 320 people revolted in Austin and only 1200 revolted in the Punjab. The revolution in Argentina was, however, successful as the revolutionaries held Buenos Aires for over a year and overthrew the government. The leader of the movement was crowned as the new king of Argentina.

ArgentinaII.jpg

Nations whose government has collapsed: Argentina, Travancore and Uruguay

very good! :D

Excellent. More falling governments is all good. :)

It's back! Go Argentinian rebels! :D

Prinz Wilhelm said:
very good! :D

Argentina, Uruguay and Travancore aren't exactly the greatest nations on earth, but at least we overthrew some governments.

ComradeOm said:
Good to see this back on track. Vive la Revolution!

It was never my intention to go this long without an update, in the future I'll update more often (at least once a week)

coz1 said:
Excellent. More falling governments is all good. :)

Liberating nations would be even better (and more difficult to achieve as well). Those Yankees keep destroying my armies in Texas...

TiggyFiggy said:
you should start thinking about a navy and pooling all your comrads and then going Che Guevara on Cuba(with hopefully more success)

Oh, I'm thinking about a navy... but I'll wait till I can build modern ships.

*dreams of rebel dreadnoughts*

likk9922 said:
It's back! Go Argentinian rebels! :D

Hopefully there will be some Argentines who don't like this new government...

CCA said:
Good job!

May the revolution triumph!

Soon Europe will be endulged in revolutions and governments will collapse (I so hope I can get Austria or Prussia to collapse, as they've got nasty counter-revolution events)