• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The revolt in Brazil seems promising - though even 20,000 men might still be demolished by government forces. Perhaps, avoiding open combat is the best move at the moment. Good luck!

Well, I guess we'll have to wait for some real (AKA really big) revolts to occur so that you can really start spreading the revolution.

Ahura Mazda said:
Oh, no! :eek:

I'd also like to congratulate you for how promising this AAR seems!

Thank you. It has never been done before, and now I know why... Still a challenge to complete a world revolution.

Prinz Wilhelm said:
Wow, this Aar is pretty cool! :eek:

Well, thank you. Wait till the Liberal Revolution (and all other kinds of revolt events fire in the late '40s) :D

Quintilian said:
The revolt in Brazil seems promising - though even 20,000 men might still be demolished by government forces. Perhaps, avoiding open combat is the best move at the moment. Good luck!

Brazil has about 4-5 divisions. So at best 2-1 odds against me. I've been in worse cases. Hopefully I can hold Rio (mountainous terrain) for a year, or occupy 50% of Brazil.

oddman said:
Perhaps you can trade for techs.
NO research at all will cripple you, methinks.

I can't gain any research points, so a trade is possible, but it will remain with that one trade. Unfortunately, this means we need good relations with various nations...

Alternatively we can make a rule that if I manage to collapse various countries I get a certain amount of RPs.

likk9922 said:
Well, I guess we'll have to wait for some real (AKA really big) revolts to occur so that you can really start spreading the revolution.

Liberal Revolution perhaps? Or some of those gigantic revolts in China? Not to mention nationalism in conquered areas (Punjab, Korea, China are notorious for that).

Liberal Revolution perhaps? Or some of those gigantic revolts in China? Not to mention nationalism in conquered areas (Punjab, Korea, China are notorious for that).

Latin America and Persia tend to have hordes of revolutionaries overruning the weak national militaries. Also, you should really try and take London at some point; sure, the rebels will then betray the revolution and institute an Anarcho-Liberal Presidential Dictatorship, but that will mean that all of the British Empire will be absolutely teeming with rebels from then on.

You ought to get much mileage out of Central and South America, it being a hotbed of revolutionary activity over the years. Maybe it will allow you to build a massive rebel army to fight the evil empire...wait a minute...wrong movie. ;)

I tried playing REB once, although not in Revolutions. I didn't give myself any land to start with, but managed to get a base luang prabang by occupying the captial and then declaring war. Luang then became a satelite of Rebel Scum...

What is your form of government? It was monarchy when I tried, so getting good relations with the rest of th world in order to trade tech wasn't too difficult. Also, try to keep your people as unhappy as possible, as any revolts at home just mean free soldiers; the revolutionary state itself can never have a revolution! It can also never go bankrupt, it occured to me, otherwise when playing Vicky normally Rebel Scum would surely go bankrupt all the time, having to fund rebel armies all around the world and having no income.

Also, can you actually build ships? I couldn't. Something to do with the 'none' culture, I think - although this might be different in V:R.
Unforunately ships can't revolt, either.

A good tactic is to try to stay at war with as many uncivs simultaneously as you can: this will push up their WE and help incite the very riots that will give you free soldiers and enable you to occupy their provinces.

Anyway, good luck! I'm watching this, it sounds most interesting...

A good tactic is to try to stay at war with as many uncivs simultaneously as you can

The best way to do that would be probably to attack Britain a lot, as it would bring in the Indian minors with it. And as said before, an unhappy Britain under the Anarcho-Liberal yoke is a wonderful breeding ground for your unholy hordes brave revolutionaries. ;)

I like the RPs for Revolutions idea :D You definitely need something :p

das said:
Latin America and Persia tend to have hordes of revolutionaries overruning the weak national militaries. Also, you should really try and take London at some point; sure, the rebels will then betray the revolution and institute an Anarcho-Liberal Presidential Dictatorship, but that will mean that all of the British Empire will be absolutely teeming with rebels from then on.

Causing a revolution in Great Power nations might be more difficult as it seems. I need to occupy either their capital for a year, or hold 50% of their territory. Neither is exactly easy against Germany, Russia or France.

coz1 said:
You ought to get much mileage out of Central and South America, it being a hotbed of revolutionary activity over the years. Maybe it will allow you to build a massive rebel army to fight the evil empire...wait a minute...wrong movie. ;)

Wait till 1848, then we'll have some fun trying to destroy the Evil Empire(s)

Horace said:
I tried playing REB once, although not in Revolutions. I didn't give myself any land to start with, but managed to get a base luang prabang by occupying the captial and then declaring war. Luang then became a satelite of Rebel Scum...

What is your form of government? It was monarchy when I tried, so getting good relations with the rest of th world in order to trade tech wasn't too difficult. Also, try to keep your people as unhappy as possible, as any revolts at home just mean free soldiers; the revolutionary state itself can never have a revolution! It can also never go bankrupt, it occured to me, otherwise when playing Vicky normally Rebel Scum would surely go bankrupt all the time, having to fund rebel armies all around the world and having no income.

Also, can you actually build ships? I couldn't. Something to do with the 'none' culture, I think - although this might be different in V:R.
Unforunately ships can't revolt, either.

A good tactic is to try to stay at war with as many uncivs simultaneously as you can: this will push up their WE and help incite the very riots that will give you free soldiers and enable you to occupy their provinces.

I don't know if the game continues after you've lost some troops. I know it's possible to play without owning any land. I gave myself a one-party democracy, in the hope to gain immigration. But seeing as we need to pay for all the revolution and thus acquiring a debt, it's impossible to gain any. Also trading techs is impossible as I won't make any RPs at all. At 100% funding I make a total of 0.00 RPs a month, thus making only 1 trade possible.

One other great advantage of the Rebels is they can't be annexed. But because I've got creole soldier pops I can build divisions and ships. Manpower is vital here, also having manpower allows you to reinforce revolutionaries across the globe.

Well driving war exhaustion up might indeed be a good tactic, especially since it doesn't matter to me. My provinces are already rebel controlled, so they won't revolt (so nationalism doesn't even work against me).

das said:
The best way to do that would be probably to attack Britain a lot, as it would bring in the Indian minors with it. And as said before, an unhappy Britain under the Anarcho-Liberal yoke is a wonderful breeding ground for your unholy hordes brave revolutionaries. ;)

How will I spread the revolution if I'm 100% occupied? The Rebel Scum can't be annexed at all...

rcduggan said:
this is cool. did you mod it to make more revolutions?

Only replaced Haiti with the Rebels and created a party for them. The number of revolts will stay the same (AFAIK) but it will most likely look like there are more revolts as a normal game.

Contradiction said:
I like the RPs for Revolutions idea :D You definitely need something :p

It will be difficult to make a decent balance, though. Collapsing a one province minor (or minors in general) is extremely easy, while I can't imagine how difficult it will be for me to make Britain or Russia collapse.

How will I spread the revolution if I'm 100% occupied? The Rebel Scum can't be annexed at all...

I don't see what's the problem here. Partisans will only add to your army.

das said:
I don't see what's the problem here. Partisans will only add to your army.

Considering that most likely the British will keep my provinces occupied, they'll be destroyed in an instance. Of course war exhaustion will rise for Britain, leading to open rebellion. :D If I time this during the Indian Mutiny event, Britain could be in for one hell of a ride.

Germany was getting it’s first taste of revolution as 3,748 factories workers occupied the city of Heidelberg. The Heidelberg Uprising took 4 months, before troops from Baden, Nassau and Wurttemberg destroyed their effort.

Heidelberg.jpg

Occupied Heidelberg

The Revolution in Brazil was rapidly spreading and moving southwards to the city of Rio de Janeiro. Initially the Brazilians were caught by surprise and they quickly lost ground to the rebels. After a year of guerilla warfare, the first rebels were caught and the revolution seemed to collapse. Despite direct support from Tortuga from the north, the southern revolution was suppressed as Brazilians stormed the occupied city of Rio, virtually ending the revolution.

Brazilian.jpg

The Brazilian Uprising at it’s greatest extend

Various other miniscule uprisings took place in China, Algeria and Central America, but all were ill-prepared and easily crushed by the government troops. By 1840, however, the rebels attacked the city of Montevideo from the sea. Uruguay had joined Brazils struggle against the revolutionaries, and now they took their revenge on Montevideo.

Montevideo.jpg

The siege of Montevideo

Good stuff so far. World revolution is something that I have little choice but to approve of :)

Wannabe Tatar said:
Wait till 1848, then we'll have some fun trying to destroy the Evil Empire(s)
Is there still an 1848 event in Revolutions? I thought the the Liberal Revolution was now country specific and dependent on certain factors. So Prussia might well get the event in '45 and France in '49.

It's a shame the revolt in Brazil failed; it seemed to have potential... Any luck with tech-trading?

go rebels! :D

Are you building troops/ships?