• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Binary/trinary systems

Mitchz95

Field Marshal
17 Badges
Feb 4, 2016
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Major Wiki Contributor
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
**FOR 2.2 and MEGACORP STUFF, CLICK HERE**

The old thread was getting pretty bloated, so here's a new one for 2.1+ stuff.

"Alpha Centauri looks a little bit different..."
IMG_20180404_125839.jpg

"Hmm... I think this is how it used to look, right?"
IMG_20180404_130220.jpg

DZ70MetXcAARf9_.jpg:large

Last edited:
Nice , if we're getting constellations as well I need to catch that summer sale and get some DLCs for the family. That way we can all stop passing the stick via Steam Fam sharing and get into multiplayer.

Seriously the Devs have done an amazing job so far a few more years like this and they might have the best game ever made on their hands.

Nice , if we're getting constellations as well I need to catch that summer sale and get some DLCs for the family. That way we can all stop passing the stick via Steam Fam sharing and get into multiplayer.

Seriously the Devs have done an amazing job so far a few more years like this and they might have the best game ever made on their hands.

Only the host in multiplayer needs the DLC.

Has anything been said on how this will affect game play? Multiple starbases, placement of dyson sheres? Or is it just cosmetic?

Looking nice regardless!

Has anything been said on how this will affect game play? Multiple starbases, placement of dyson sheres? Or is it just cosmetic?

Looking nice regardless!
From the screenshots looks like you still only get one starbase per system, on the central/largest star. Will be interesting to see about dysons though.

Triple Dyson Sphere for that system will be meaningful.
I dont understand why only 1 Dyson Sphere can be construct in my empire, while there is unlimited Ringworlds.

Yes, it looks awesome! I was wondering recently why planets/celestial bodies didn't move around their star and also why we always had galaxies with just one star. Such a little change yet so refreshing, thanks so much to the devs for doing this!

The dyson sphere interaction might be an issue, probably will disallow dyson spheres in binary and trinary systems, which I am ok with!

I'm glad they are giving the map some love!

The dyson sphere interaction might be an issue, probably will disallow dyson spheres in binary and trinary systems, which I am ok with!

I'm glad they are giving the map some love!

Eh~ maybe it's possible to Dyson' one of the stars without making planets unhabitable?:D

I wonder how this will affect Dyson Spheres and Ringworlds.

What do you mean by "constellations"?

We're getting non-singular systems, but I don't see how that relates to constellations.

Multiple star systems like this appear as a single star in the sky, they are not constellations...

I have several questions on this teaser, hoping this will be considered by the dev team.

First is the Dyson sphere and the ring world. Binary and trinary stars may stop planets from becoming frozen as other stars in the system can still heat them up, while more complicated gravitational relationship may result in building ring world impossible in the system, if theoretically speaking.

Second is some game rule and spawn checking. Dimensional horror, infinity machine and horizon signal event chain require a black hole system to spawn in or trigger. With binary or trinary system it's possible to spawn one black hole and one other star, making the check likely to be stuck.

Last I can come up with is the environmental hazard. Similar to the one above, it's possible to spawn neutron stars, pulsars and black holes in one system. Will their penalty be stacked or the calculation will be changed? If you have two neutron stars in the system while the sublight speed reduction modifier is added (-0.5-0.5=-1 a.k.a. -100%)but not multiplied (0.5*0.5=0.25 a.k.a. -75%), it's possible that all ships entering the system will be literally stopped on the entrance, making them completely unable to move in the system, not to mention building a outpost or surveying the system. (another Dio Brando meme?)

I will post other possible questions and potential problems gathered from my friends later.