Wish list for future Stellaris titles/expansions

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

hitchens

Blaise Bailey Finnegan III
80 Badges
Jun 3, 2011
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Victoria 2
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
Stellaris is truly a beautiful game but there are some thing I would really love to see improved, and they are all related to mid and late game. The most important thing for me is population management and planet/habitat interaction but there are also other things I would love to see improved.

1. Conquering or integrating empires and purging is extremely tedious. If you conquer and empire with 500-2000 population then you will spend a lot of time clicking your mouse button. I'm currently going for the Suffer not the Alien achievement and it requires extreme amounts of micromanagement. I just conquered an empire that had 1500 population, multiple species, spread across god knows how many worlds. First I got to select every species and subspecies and select purge, then I also have to resettle the population to fewer planets dedicated to purging. So if a planet has 100+ population, you have to click the resettle button 100+ times, and then additional clicks when you get the notification that buildings will be disabled due to lowered population. So that means that each planet can require you to push the button 120 times, and if there are 10 planets then thats clicking the mouse over 1000 times! This is REALLY tedious.

Then theres the issue of conquering the planets/habitats. Some species spam habitats, so that means you might end up having to conquer 20-30 planets/habitats. If only the Colossus had a higher rate of fire then this would be less of an issue, and if only habitats could be destroyed then that would also have helped. Habitats should be destroyable if you had a fleet strength of lets say 150k or more.

As for purging, its way to slow. I understand that its slow so that you get to chance to reconquer and rescue your own population being purged by the AI, but in late game this isn't that important anymore. There should be some feature that allows you to purge much much faster. It just doesn't make sense that a type II civilization that can build Dyson spheres cant purge faster. There should be an option for increased purging that would require either an increase of resources or influence or whatever, as long as you can do it faster. Its really not a balance issue in late game as everyone is snowballing to the point where the game kinda stagnates.

2. Research focus. In late game where you got 20k+ research points and less research options are available it becomes tedious to constantly having to select increase rate of fire or increase damage. There should be an option to just select a research focus so that you wont have to open the research meny over and over and over again just to select the same 3 research options.

3. Weak AI. The various events are really cool, but they should be stronger. The grey tempest event doesn't seem to be affected by the crisis strength option. They send fleets of 40k on the highest difficulty and thats not enough. It could easily by 80k. The strength could be decided by year. (or not)

3. Stability. A planet that has 0% stability wont revolt if it has Planetary Capital even though it has zero population of your own empire. There should be harsher penalties to lower stability, and revolts should be much much more frequent. The only revolt thats more or less guaranteed is AI revolt. But thats easily avoided by giving AI full rights. There should be a risk of AI revolt regardless since its classified as dangerous technology. The risk should be high and the rewards should be higher.

4. Evolving ethics. If you start off as a militaristic xenophobic empire, then purging and cracking planets should shift you towards fanatical purifier. If you go down the Synthetic Evolution path you should be able to become a Driven Assimilator/Determined Exterminator etc. Oh and it would be nice to be able to customize/select how your new mechanical bodies will look like.

5. Diplomacy. You can be a member of the galactic community while cracking world after world after world yet nothing happens other than other empires not liking you. Cracking worlds and purging should see you sanctioned and possibly kicked out of the community. I'm currently cracking 10+ worlds as Commonwealth of Man and I got a permanent seat on the council, and can pretty much dictate the galactic community the way I want.

I really love this game and I now like it more than EU, but I feel that many of the features aren't really suited for late game.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Other than the obvious the game really needs a challenge past the first couple of wars- win them and your left with the worlds longest interactive victory screen. Something along the lines of the coalition mechanic from EU would be nice.

Come to think of it I'm surprised espionage still hasn't been touched after nearly four years.

• 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
I just want a way to merge federations.
And spiritualists not to be a specific religion but actually just spiritualists.
And AI improvments.
And maybe some love to grstalts, because if i want to roleplay some other gestalts i have to play regular empire and ascend one of three paths xD

• 1Like
Reactions:
1. Leaders with agendas: leaders might scheme to overthrow the government, siphon funds or betray your government entirely. Valuable leaders who are caught in the act and escape can be given asylum in exchange for trading secrets. A great foundation for espionage with a modern take.

For Example: a capable Admiral who earned the love of the common people through conquest and glory it's a rebellion using his fleet and the fleets of allied admirals to overthrow a republic and become a dictator.

2. Private corporations: Corporations within empires that manage certain aspects of the economy and civil services. For example, in a republic, many of the communication services will be overseen by a large Telecommunications Firm. You could give them more power in exchange for more clout in elections. Mining companies will spend their own resources to extract minerals and sell them on their own accord. Companies will then buy those minerals to make alloys, then you buy those alloys to make ships. Simulate an economy in each empire instead of population.

3. Assassination and manipulation. Manipulate the elections in other star nations, and bribe officials to pass laws that benefit your nation, such as aggressive trade agreements. This would work with governors and envoys.

Also, you could assassinate incorruptible officials or even those traitor officials I mentioned earlier. Even introduce bounty hunters. Hell, Hives could have gene stealers and lichtors to strengthen the brood.

4. Megacorps rent out private fleets.

5. Create your own religions.

Personally, I want galaxies that feel alive with intrigue, espionage and Betrayal. I want small star nations to still be able to bite back, and not just with fleets.

• 7Like
Reactions:
Perhaps crusader kings in space... I believe that was one of the intentions somwhwre in the past

Reactions:
Catgirls.

Or, more seriously:
1. GC overhaul (more resolutions, upgraded existing ones, voting overhaul) and based on this
2. Internal politics

• 1Haha
Reactions:
This:
1602528449069.png

This is an overview of my planets in Master of Orion 2 which shows me exactly what workers are where, allows me to drag and drop each worker around as I want, shows me what each planet is currently building and allows me to change it, shows me the details of each planet when I select it, shows me what that planet's strengths are, how much it is producing of each resource (food, industry, science), and so on. One compact screen shows me all my planets at once. This is my no. 1 want-to-have in Stellaris! No more clicking through endless numbers of individual planets each year.

• 6Like
  • 4Love
Reactions:
Espionage & Sabotage. Collecting more internal information about other empires, manipulating their relations to each other (both directions), saw unrest and have the ability so send cloaked espionage vessels (including a fitting new leader type) for doing sabotage actions against starbases, fleets, planets and megastruktures. This all should of course come with some counter abilitys. The espionage vessels could work similar to the ones in the old Sci-Fi strategy game Hegemonia. Thats actual my biggest wish for a new expansion. In addition maybe some more portrait packs (Amphibian, Aquatics)

• 2Like
Reactions:
This:
View attachment 640750

This is an overview of my planets in Master of Orion 2 which shows me exactly what workers are where, allows me to drag and drop each worker around as I want, shows me what each planet is currently building and allows me to change it, shows me the details of each planet when I select it, shows me what that planet's strengths are, how much it is producing of each resource (food, industry, science), and so on. One compact screen shows me all my planets at once. This is my no. 1 want-to-have in Stellaris! No more clicking through endless numbers of individual planets each year.
Now I miss Master of Orion 2

Reactions:
5. Diplomacy. You can be a member of the galactic community while cracking world after world after world yet nothing happens other than other empires not liking you. Cracking worlds and purging should see you sanctioned and possibly kicked out of the community. I'm currently cracking 10+ worlds as Commonwealth of Man and I got a permanent seat on the council, and can pretty much dictate the galactic community the way I want.

It is in one of the Rules of War resolutions to ban world crackers and then all types of Collosus weapons.

Also, I think that leaders should have ethics and are voted in by pops of that same ethic. Their ethics are affected by the main ethics of the empire at the time so at the beginning of the game they will more likely match the governing ethics but as the empire expands and acquires more pops they will diversify.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Long Live the Revolution! - An expansion focusing on expanding the internal politics of Empires including more ethics, political parties forming on both single issue and multi-issue lines, dynastic disputes for autocracies, rebellions, and civil wars. Basically, everything we need to finally make the Mid-game interesting.

General of the Army - A redevelopment of landwarfare that will actually have a point to it.

Admiral of the Fleet - Same as the above.

Flavour & Leadership - A redevelopment of the character system to offer more dynamic options, events, and purpose.

• 4Like
Reactions:
This:
View attachment 640750

aaaaand we go to GOG to buy it....

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I don’t want to pay for Stellaris and all it’s DLC again. Not soon anyway.

I'm not going to pay for any more DLC for this game anyway as I deem it too broken and they will never be able to fix it anyway. The game lack serious goals and direction...

Reactions:
I'm not going to pay for any more DLC for this game anyway as I deem it too broken and they will never be able to fix it anyway.
This is too much assuptions here :v
Modders can fix the game so does PARADOX is able to do that.

The game lack serious goals and direction...
I agree with this one tho

• 1Like
Reactions:
This is too much assuptions here :v
Modders can fix the game so does PARADOX is able to do that.

Not sure this will be enough... I always play the game with 15-20 different mods and that does not really do much as things stand, sadly.

In my opinion the game have a systemic problem they simply can't deal with properly... mainly because the game lacks focus and I don't think they will be able to fix this.

Reactions: