EU4 Dev Clash #11 - Baltic Elephants - Tuesdays 15:00 CET

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Great session!

Finally some players manage to actually defeat the Ottomans. Too bad they only got two provinces and some ducats (collectively). This was partly due to lack of coordination, although given the record of the Italians so far, that may be par for the course. Nonetheless, the Italians, under their mighty battle Popes are showing a lot of spirit! Hopefully next war with the Ottoblob they can reclaim land lost by Genoa and Venice. Deus Vault!

In the East, Orissa was, as expected, attacked by their erstwhile "allies." Hopefully Nepal's alliance with Ming will protect them for long enough to look for stronger allies further east and Orissa will be able to cling on by the skin of its teeth - after all, who doesn't love a good comeback story? Speaking of which, kudos to Kale for sticking in it and reclaiming their lost land and more, despite all odds and obstacles!

Some nice continued growth from Dai VIet as well. Perhaps he could also provide some backup to the Eastern alliance if the proper diplomatic maneuvers are made. So long as he doesn't get put in his place by a Ming-led coalition that is...

Meanwhile the Indians are expanding across the sea into the territory staked out by Ethiopia and Hormuz. Hormuz especially may come to regret not intervening in the affairs of the subcontinent sooner, but on the bright side Afghanistan leaving does at least open the way for them to form Persia.

In Europe it still seems unclear how the grand alliances will shape up. The major blocks seem to be Netherlands/Burgundy, the Italian League, and Baltic Marketing, but it isn't clear how united the latter is. It also isn't completely clear where Portugal, Saxony, and Bavaria fall in with these power blocks. With renewed conflict between Burgundy and the Italians could we expect a major European war to spice up the old continent in the near future or will consolidation of ai land continue?

Meanwhile such a conflict would hopefully give some breathing room to poor El Presidente Duke Johan.

Meanwhile Kaiser Johan managed to complete his hat trick (three timer) betrayal of the peasant republic. Who could have thought that putting someone named Kaiser Johan in charge of peasants would result in himself becoming their monarch? Although his seemingly ironic dilemma of needing to keep Dictator Protector Marcus Boie alive in order to rebuild his republican tradition to try and retain democracy did get me thinking of what sort of scenario could produce this, especially since the new ruler (Duke Henning von Frickingen) was not of Marcus' dynasty. So I give you my (very amateur) fan fact comic to try to explain my head canon (read left to right):

Seize the Throne.png

Good luck to all and keep fighting the good fight!

I would argue Burgundy is a weak pick when you have players as your PUs. The odds of surviving the first sessions is fairly low, so well done on that front! :)

(Still filthy bourgeois, of course :D)
Why though? You just abandon the PU and go about your business, with yer former subject being a 3pm with no special benefits.

I see Bratyn still has not recovered from the high level of salt that he acquired during Happy Three Friends as he keeps constantly bee lining for the Kaiser at every chance he gets.

Or maybe I seem to be the only one who sees that, considering what he has pulled off the past two campaigns, leaving KaiserJohan alone in America for three sessions is just as bad as leaving him alone in Europe for three sessions. If you give a player as good as KJ even a single session alone there, he'll grow more powerful than all of Europe combined. And since nobody else acted (or rather; acted successfully), in both this campaign and the last, I feel forced to take it upon myself.

Well, that, and he has on multiple occasions said that he would attack and eat any colonial nation I spawn. You can hardly expect me to sit idly by and let him, when he's being that blunt and obvious about it :p

But saying that you're acting out of salt is funnier than boring things like logic and reasons ;)

The Proletariat is red,
The Bourgeoisie are blue,
I will bury your armies,
AND BRING THE REVOLUTION TO YOU!
7.8/10, did not find a rhyme for "orange". Would riot again.

Het proletariaat is rood
En staat zij-aan-zij met Oranje
Wij eisen KoningJohan's dood
Of toch minstens een nieuwe kiescampagne

I believe the right wording is "Wir essen KoningJohan's doo-doo". Also a more accurate portrayal of reality your armies will be facing :D

Het proletariaat is rood

So I guess Bratyns promise to let KaiserJohan live in peace if he goes republic again doesn't stand anymore?

Actually Bratyn says he demands King Johans death or a new election.
So it seems his promise still stands.

Het proletariaat is rood

So I guess Bratyns promise to let KaiserJohan live in peace if he goes republic again doesn't stand anymore?

Quite literally translated, it says:

Death to the proletariat,
And side-by-side with Orange,
We demand King Johan's death,
Or a new election campaign

Whether Bratyn will actually hold to the promise to not attack when KJohan returns to being a republic will have to be seen, though assuming that what KJ said about it taking 50-60 years to become one again, that might mean 2 to 4 more wars from the Dutch before that question of the promise comes to the front (not to mention possible other wars from Portugal and Spain?)

Quite literally translated, it says:

Death to the proletariat,
And side-by-side with Orange,
We demand King Johan's death,
Or a new election campaign
The first line is anything but right, it's 'the proletariat is red'.
By the way, peasants are not proletarians. KaiserJohan never really was the champion of the proletariat. Which explains a lot.

Hup Holland!
How is the World Cup going for you guys? ;)

Really liking this Dev Clash by the way. Looking forward to the inevitable clash between Blondie's Ethiopia and the Indians. If I were Blondie, I would set out to look for allies. I'm not sure his alliance to Hormuz is really sustainable, and Kilwa might have some plans in the region.

Really liking this Dev Clash by the way. Looking forward to the inevitable clash between Blondie's Ethiopia and the Indians. If I were Blondie, I would set out to look for allies. I'm not sure his alliance to Hormuz is really sustainable, and Kilwa might have some plans in the region.
Kilwa isn't a player is it? I'd be more worried about punjab's interverance in Africa. Though a simple conquest cb using a claim on an African or Arabian province could work wonders against that :)