EU4 Dev Clash #11 - Baltic Elephants - Tuesdays 15:00 CET

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Question 4, if I may: ;)
The entirety of Sweden will probably be shut down for summer relatively soon, right? Any idea how many sessions we're going to have before the break?

I cannot wait for the inevitable Bratyn/Kaiser Johan showdown. Has Bratyn embraced the Salt enough to bring him victory? Hopefully we'll find out soon.

I think the "Nile delta" question is interesting this session: by taking Alexandria, Genoa clearly displayed hostility towards Copt-thiopia. Yet it is Ethiopia-Hormuz who are only hope for the Italians to beat the Ottomans. The deal could be that claim for Egyptian land is ceded to Ethiopia in exchange for relief?

Taking Alexandria is a mission of Genoa, so I wouldn't really see it as aggression because they can just give it away in one way or another.

Did someone ask me to bring chaos? I though I heard someone telling me to bring CHAOOOS!!!!!

giphy.gif

Question 4, if I may: ;)
The entirety of Sweden will probably be shut down for summer relatively soon, right? Any idea how many sessions we're going to have before the break?

We're planning 2 more sessions before summer break, including today.

Question 3: @Bratyn: what's your motivation in colonising? Wouldn't it make more sense to consolidate more in Europe and the just "take" colonial nations from Portugal, Norway, etc? Or are you planning another Inca run? ;)
Why would anyone doing something like that? Confused..

The notes of unknown peasant

I am proud citizen of Peasant Republic of Dithmarschen, which is the Last Hope of People in this world. May Republic live forever! If Republic falls then simple peasants and workers will be forever oppressed by those tyrants and evils who rule us. So I will defend Republic and my home till the last breath as every free citizen of our Motherland.

I was reading news from many countries and heard heralds from many continents, I spoke to historians from different corners of our world , even in mysterious lands of Terra Incognita. What did I hear? The story of kings, emperors, sultans, popes and priests. Their lies and propaganda. Their boasts and ignorance of us, their slaves.

So I decided to tell story of last decades of Republic not from position of those mentioned above but from point of view of simple man. I know my notes won't be copied by monk or scholars but I hope one day people will invent machine to mass copy books and notes. After all I beilive in progress and humanity.

So I will start from telling story of my father who was a young sailor of Hamburg when it was ruled by Hamburgians... (I am really sorry for stopping here but to continue need to rewatch streams)
This is a fake story. You said you "read news from many countries", but everyone knows TRUE peasants can't read! HE'S A PHONY!

This is a fake story. You said you "read news from many countries", but everyone knows TRUE peasants can't read! HE'S A PHONY!
An educated peasant is a class conscious peasant!

Last edited:
Trin, trin, he's our man if he can't do it, meneth can!

On other matters I hope to see at least someone come to KJs aid in the forth coming hug box/gank.

I also hope that genoa see the light and sell alexandria to Ethiopia to form an anti otto alliance.

I'm actually not sure if antagonizing the Ottos right now really is the best move for Ethiopia and Hormuz. They could check in test runs if Osmanoglu is likely to attack them and if he isn't, it might be just as smart to try and out-grow the Turks while they attempt the 3rd conquest of Scio.
At the very least, Blondie and Arheo should have quite the good hand in the diplo game. They're probably the least threatened tag in the vicinity of the Turks, so they could make some big demands if Da9l and the Italians want their cooperation.

Unrelated to that, I'm curious to see how India is going to develop in this and the next session. Honestly, my money is on a dead Orissa, which makes me sad because they're my favourite tag in the region. :( But it's the most obvious explaination for the alliances that Trin broke, unless I'm missing the 7th dimension of his chess game. :D

Totally no reason to harass peasant republic. European tyrannies have already forced it to raise a dictator as a more effective war leader. Let it be peacuful and get back to its roots of equality and prosperity!

One of El Presidentes greatest contributions to the Revoluition will be to reform the Gulags into workers Communes! ;)

Sometimes you have to take one step backwards in order to leap ten more ahead!

Totally no reason to harass peasant republic. European tyrannies have already forced it to raise a dictator as a more effective war leader. Let it be peacuful and get back to its roots of equality and prosperity!
The workers live in a gulag while the ruler has a dacha ?

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."

-- George Orwell "Animal Farm"

@DDRJake could the reason the Caribias seperatists aren't rebelling be that the Caribbias colonial nation has no cores anymore?

Also shame on you Bratyn and Millen...
Peasants forever!