EU4 Dev Clash #11 - Baltic Elephants - Tuesdays 15:00 CET

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
√Memel happened after a great deal of time and meming when all hope was seemingly lost. Some day, in our greyest hour, some dev will finally give us a happy little Prussian blue.

Isn't it somewhat ironic, that you are begging for Marcus Boie, who sized absolute power in the Peasant Republic and rules the nation as a dictator, to live long enough, so you can restore the republican faith in your country? :D

Let's just say the final event to restore "order" should have him removed or killed to be correct... just elect someone else.

Isn't it somewhat ironic, that you are begging for Marcus Boie, who sized absolute power in the Peasant Republic and rules the nation as a dictator, to live long enough, so you can restore the republican faith in your country? :D

Marcus Boie surely claims to be a benevolent dictator guiding his country through a different time. Like Cincinnatus he will return to his fields once everything is over. Except that it seems to be taking a long time...
Marcus Boie is now spending his time rebuilding the republican institutions he had to tear down to seize power, preparing for a handover to come one day. We can only pray that he does not die and leave a power vacuum for some other ambitious individual to misuse.

The Malwa Sultanate sees little gain in such charades however. Proclaim yourself king and be done with it @KaiserJohan ! ;)

Over the Dutch Republic's dead body! Dithmarschen will be a republic or will not be at all!

We will assess that situation when we get there. In time I am sure you will all get along with the other Amirs regardless of what you call yourselves.

Marcus Boie surely claims to be a benevolent dictator guiding his country through a different time. Like Cincinnatus he will return to his fields once everything is over. Except that it seems to be taking a long time...
Marcus Boie is now spending his time rebuilding the republican institutions he had to tear down to seize power, preparing for a handover to come one day. We can only pray that he does not die and leave a power vacuum for some other ambitious individual to misuse.

The Malwa Sultanate sees little gain in such charades however. Proclaim yourself king and be done with it @KaiserJohan ! ;)

The Revolution faces innumerable internal and external threats - in times of strife it requires a strong personality to steer the ship back to its course! It is our manifest destiny to endure the comming onslaugth and then bury these malevolent tyrants!

I don't think anyone should be surprised that the master of propaganda from the previous two campaigns is now spreading his lies once again, as he rules his nation as a dictator.

I don't think anyone should be surprised that the master of propaganda from the previous two campaigns is now spreading his lies once again, as he rules his nation as a dictator.

Master Bratyn commands and the dog barks!

I hope you packed your winter clothing because the gulags of Greenland can be pretty cold! :D

What exactly caused your intense rivalry with KJ? I cannot remember any serious transgressions made against you but I might just be failing to remember.

What exactly caused your intense rivalry with KJ? I cannot remember any serious transgressions made against you but I might just be failing to remember.

I think it's just friendly banter :) Dnote would have sided with KJ in the war against Austria if Bharat and Malaya attacked.
However Byzantium did destroy Dnote's QQ on his birthday, so... :D

I think it's just friendly banter :) Dnote would have sided with KJ in the war against Austria if Bharat and Malaya attacked.
However Byzantium did destroy Dnote's QQ on his birthday, so... :D

I know it is just banter, and funny banter as well that Dnotes makes all the threats while being the EU4 equivalent of a paraplegic puppy however he seems to bare his teeth at Kaiser an awful lot and was simply curious whether Dnote had an actual reason for it (it might be the QQ incident, can Dnote confirm?)

Please do not change Dnote, the wide array of characters is why I watch the Dev clash.

An intense dislike for Prussian Western Europe and Turkish Rome? :D

@KaiserJohan Not that I don't understand the joke of referring gulags and peasant republic, but as a russian and a fan of the streams it makes me somewhat uncomfortable that this joke keeps going ang going...
Gulags were not fun, plenty of people died there and it is not something to be proud of really.

I totally vote for changing the course to more dachas. And this is also historical - when era of gulag has ended, soviet people got a lot of free earth to build their dachas and spend time raising stuff. Moreover, most of the people had something called 'ogorod', which is a dacha dedicated to raise some food for a family instead of sunbathing, making kebabs and drinking vodka :)

The adventures of Dithmarschen:
The adventures of Dithmarschen.png

Image #1: Kaiser Johan looking forward to being a peasant republic. He's optimistic about the future and ready for an adventure
Image #2: Hamburg tries backstabbing Dithmarschen. Dithmarschen tries frantically to explain that he doesn't really want to be backstabbed, which annoys Hamburg somewhat.
Image #3: Dithmarschen has turned into an oligarchic republic. Oh my...
Image #4: Dithmarschen has to pay the corrupt oligarchy in order to let the peasants take over again.
Image #5: Dithmarschen sails to the New World. What new wonders await?
Image #6: Dithmarschen builds some nice new lodgings for his trusty peasants.
Image #7: Dithmarschen faces overwhelming force, but manages to beat one opponent while holding off the other! Good job Dithmarschen!
Image #8: Dithmarschen has turned into a dictatorship! Oh my...

What new adventures will Kaiser Johan face in the future? Only time will tell!

PS: Kaiser Johan, please make up your mind about which eye the monocle should be covering...

Last edited:
kR6HIIA.jpg

The first meeting of the Doge of Genoa and the Negua Nagast of Ethiopia, 1511

As the Ottoman Empire marched closer into the rightful lands of the Excellent Ethiopian Empire, they posed an actual threat to the security and sovereignty of the EEE. As the last bastion of the Coptic faith, 'Amsa Gîyôgîs, First of his name, Son of Solomon, Negusa Nagast of the Ethiopian Empire prepared to take action. The Ottoman Offenders outnumbered the Ethiopian Elite 3 to 1, and even the help of his Hormuzan brothers would not even the odds. While comtemplating his options, strange men appears in the north, taking the Holy City of Alexandria from the Mamluk Menace. Ethiopia had not been concerned with the state of the European nations, but the threat of the green goons made the Negusa Nagast open to cooperation. These men, calling themselves "Italians" spoke of previous altercations with the Enemy, and a coalition was forming. The Genoan Doge, despite not sharing the Coptic views of the teachings of Jesus Christ, was sympathetic to the importance of Alexandria to the Ethiopian people.

They also spoke at length of the novel idea of setting up "Colonies", as they called them, far away from the homeland. This seemed mostly like a novelty to the Negusa Nagast rather than something to strive towards. But who knows, maybe there is something to the ideas of these strange foreigners.

The Turks are a massive barrier keeping east and southern Europe preoccupied and unable to contest into Asia. Blondie would be nuts to expend the massive effort of breaking them himself, rather than letting others deal with it and mopping up when their fall is finally inevitable

Blondie should just demand his egyptian land from genoa and then join a war vs otto blob from all sides.

Yeah, I would have no chance at all against the Ottomans. They outnumber me and Hormuz greatly.

Last edited:
@KaiserJohan Not that I don't understand the joke of referring gulags and peasant republic, but as a russian and a fan of the streams it makes me somewhat uncomfortable that this joke keeps going ang going...
Gulags were not fun, plenty of people died there and it is not something to be proud of really.

I totally vote for changing the course to more dachas. And this is also historical - when era of gulag has ended, soviet people got a lot of free earth to build their dachas and spend time raising stuff. Moreover, most of the people had something called 'ogorod', which is a dacha dedicated to raise some food for a family instead of sunbathing, making kebabs and drinking vodka :)
Good of you to speak up. Gulags don't trigger me since I'm not from an ex-soviet nation, and I honestly don't know that much about them, but I suppose it's equivalent to naming all of your provinces Auschwitz - in which case I definitely see why that's in bad taste.

Good of you to speak up. Gulags don't trigger me since I'm not from an ex-soviet nation, and I honestly don't know that much about them, but I suppose it's equivalent to naming all of your provinces Auschwitz - in which case I definitely see why that's in bad taste.

Considering their purpose, Concentration Camp or "Konzentrationslager" would be the equivalent. Calling ALL Auschwitz would just be weird. There were enough camps to name over a dozen of provinces after them though... if one has morbid taste.