EU4 Dev Clash #11 - Baltic Elephants - Tuesdays 15:00 CET

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I disagree without scio the ottomans cant progress through their mission tree so they dont get that many perma claims which should slow them down a bit.
That is true, I didn't consider that. In any case, the Italians need to do something to break this stalemate. Maybe once the Negusa Nagast down in Ethiopia is finished feasting on the corpse of the Mamluks, he can help put the Ottomans to bed? Hormuz could gain handsomely from that too. Still, Ethiopia and Italy working together... Nah, that'll never catch on.

It's not about the new world, it's about uncolonized provinces. Reinforcement rate is drasically reduced there - not sure if it's actually zero, but if not, it's still awfully low. And since Portugal's general didn't have any maneuver pips (which counteract reduced reinforcement rate), he didn't get any help from that front.

Do you still have to take the "Adopt Plutocratic/Oligarchic Administration" decision with the attached idea group requirements? Or is it easier to change between monarchy and republic in Dharma?

The decision is removed - you change to it at the last government reform. Probably some ~100 years away or so.

Still - there is a slim sliver of hope... if Marcus Boiiii lives on for awhile (he's 61 currently) I might be able to pump up my RT through the Dictator events... In a testrun yesterday he lived 74+. It would be so epic if it worked :D

I had to make this :p

sjo9mO7.png

I fear Tyrant Brotyn and Pet Burgundy can drown Scandinavia in mercs and ships already at this point sadly :p
I don't believe calling your Protestant brothers (and sisters) "Pets" is helping you there, dear Syndic for life.
I have no interest in anything that involves crossing a large body of water, perhaps it would be best if you didn't give a reason to reconsider.

I fear Tyrant Brotyn and Pet Burgundy can drown Scandinavia in mercs and ships already at this point sadly :p

Johan, you have betrayed the sacred trust of the people not just once, but twice. How could you? First you sold them out to the very capitalist forces you had sworn to oppose, and now you have embraced absolute personal power as well?

Kim Johan Un, I name you!

LknbkPs.png

Last edited:
One thing I found really annoying during the stream was Jake constantly giving Portugal and Norway advice and information on what to do in their war with Dithmarschen... while they were watching. It just takes the skill aspect out of the game.

Well if his name was BonaparteJohan I certainly would have compared him to Napoleon.

Well his name also isn't CaesarJohan... or rather Johan Julius. Also a peasant republic is MUCH closer to Revolutionary France than it will ever be to the Roman "Republic", especially concerning voting rights and equality.

One thing I found really annoying during the stream was Jake constantly giving Portugal and Norway advice and information on what to do in their war with Dithmarschen... while they were watching. It just takes the skill aspect out of the game.

I can tell you that when you're in a war in the Dev Clash you could have the stream full screen on your second monitor and you wouldn't be able to pay any attention to it. Not to mention KaiserJohan is one of the best players in the MP, while Norway and especially Portugal are quite new, with the latter only having 150 hours or so in the game, and this being the first aggressive player war either of them have ever unilaterally started in a Dev Clash. If they were even able to listen to the stream while in their wars, it'd only have served to somewhat mitigate KaiserJohan's already massive advantage over them.

Last edited:
I can tell you that when you're in a war in the Dev Clash you could have the stream on your second monitor and you wouldn't be able to pay attention to it. Not to mention KaiserJohan is one of the best players in the MP, while Norway and especially Portugal are quite new, with the latter only having 150 hours or so in the game, and this being the first aggressive player war both of them have ever started in a Dev Clash. If they were even able to listen to the stream while in their wars, it'd only have served to somewhat mitigate KaiserJohan's already massive advantage over them.
Second that. I was busy just trying to watch the monitor with the game..checking stream, chat and discord as well is close to impossible.

But maybe I can recruit an assistent for that..anyone? :>

Hey @DDRJake if you thought the Dutch names for English provinces in the MP were bad then be glad that it wasn't Denmark conquering England as then you'd have seen names like these as they are int he dynamic name files.:p

So now you can bask int he glory of names like Kaarnwæll, Lænkæster, and Middlsex.:p
You can thank Trin that Lancashire didn't end up Pfalzgrevskabet Lænkæster.:p

Also looking at it then it appears that many of the names once in have disappeared.:(
I guess due to the province splits. Guess I'll need to go over the isles again with the sources on period accurate Danish names.

eu4_43.png

Attachments

• eu4_43.png
    eu4_43.png
    3,1 MB · Views: 22

I can't speak for those two but it is really hard to listen to the stream while playing, especially if you're in a voice chat with other players (which is almost always the case). I haven't even tried since sometime around when I was playing Muscovy and killed by Ikhi.

I can't speak for those two but it is really hard to listen to the stream while playing, especially if you're in a voice chat with other players (which is almost always the case). I haven't even tried since sometime around when I was playing Muscovy and killed by Ikhi.
There were several times where Kaiser was about to ambush their forces, Jake noted it, and then just before the ambush they moved their forces despite the ambush coming from TI.
Could be luck, but it happened enough times that it smells of Steve sniping.

There were several times where Kaiser was about to ambush their forces, Jake noted it, and then just before the ambush they moved their forces despite the ambush coming from TI.
Could be luck, but it happened enough times that it smells of Steve sniping.

I have no idea of what Kaiser does or doesn't do when playing but chances of spotting an incoming ambush aren't small on your own when actively playing the game and looking for such things :)