EU4 Dev Clash #11 - Baltic Elephants - Tuesdays 15:00 CET

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Do any player have VC's already (according to the stats posted by Groogy Malwa has over 300 development, and maybe also Scotland because of France (if pu's count for it))

Also how will VC's work in this scoring system, do they only count once, or do they get set to 0(/1000) and start ticking again in the next age? (I would prefer the last solution as it would force players to take them early and prevent VC trading due to the unpredictability of who of some allies would get higher)

Van Fax p1.png

Van Fax p2.png

Rather than take his traditional seat [the pope] strolled around for a bit before returning to Ethiopia. Said the pope: "We could have taken the city but on this day we were merely here to humiliate the Mamluks."

This made me laugh! The Van Fax brings the most important Fan Facts!

-50 absolutism? interesting mechanic we have here!
usually you want to have the most of it...
but you can surely change policies in time , at some cost

The will of the people in itself is absolute enough.

Everyone breaks/cancels deals and does shady diplomacy all the time, don't let anyone tell try convince you otherwise. Not every side of the story gets out :)

To be fair, it's quit difficult to tell long and detailed storys with a knife in the back.

Great first two sessions, this has been incredibly entertaining. I was a bit worried about the score system, but I think it is for the better. Especially with the fan vote, I hope that players like RageAir in the previous clash will get rewarded for their bravery.

A good session for Blondie, who comfortably beat the Mamluks and might find the Ottos to be less of a problem with so many players allying against the Turks.

A great session for Bratyn, who beat the Scots and now has a very rich country for himself. He's been very unlucky in the last two clashes so I really hope he manages this time. And the fact that I'm Dutch makes me as biased as Jake in this.

A sad but admirable session from Hagerhink who had everything and everyone go against him. And he still did well until the last war. Good job to Dnote for not betraying him, many other players would've done so.

People are also forgetting about what Sterling is doing with the Livonian Order. He best Muscovy and is in a position to form Russia, not to mention his great alliances. He might become like the dev clash #9 KaiserJohan. Not too talked about until Prussia is formed and he goes on a European steamroll.

A sad but admirable session from Hagerhink who had everything and everyone go against him. And he still did well until the last war. Good job to Dnote for not betraying him, many other players would've done so.

People are also forgetting about what Sterling is doing with the Livonian Order. He best Muscovy and is in a position to form Russia, not to mention his great alliances. He might become like the dev clash #9 KaiserJohan. Not too talked about until Prussia is formed and he goes on a European steamroll.

I'm not going to betray an ally, especially when they come to my aid first. Whilst there isn't really a hugbox in India, we have mutual interests at the moment in seeing the AI destroyed and long term, those that survive, will have a mutual interest in keeping the Europeans out of India.

If Sterling manages to do that, it would be one hell of an epic first game in multiplayer. This isn't just his first dev clash, it is literally his first MP game ever, though he has played a fair bit of singleplayer ;)

I'm not going to betray an ally, especially when they come to my aid first. Whilst there isn't really a hugbox in India, we have mutual interests at the moment in seeing the AI destroyed and long term, those that survive, will have a mutual interest in keeping the Europeans out of India.

If Sterling manages to do that, it would be one hell of an epic first game in multiplayer. This isn't just his first dev clash, it is literally his first MP game ever, though he has played a fair bit of singleplayer ;)

Oh, don't mind me. I'm just ahhh, gonna form Courland o'er here. Not a threat at all. Not at all.

I am very happy to see Blondie's progress, but I am just worried he's going to get crushed by the green blob from the north. Can Europeans please go and kill Ottomans before they reach Blondie?

mutual interest in keeping the Europeans out of India.
Surely you must admit that the second-rate powers of Europe are anything but a threat to India with the current game mechanics, let alone one that could convince the likes of Malwa to leave Nepal alive as protection?

Surely you must admit that the second-rate powers of Europe are anything but a threat to India with the current game mechanics, let alone one that could convince the likes of Malwa to leave Nepal alive as protection?
Yeah I'm not really following that line of argument either. At this rate it doesn't look like there will be any European powers threatening India for the next 200 years or so. That leaves plenty of room for Indian players to kill eachother.

Think of it this way, Indians: what are the odds that more than one Indian nation will end up in the top 3, in the long run? Chances are there can be only one - at most. Who wants to play friendly for a whole campaign, only to miss out on a trophy because your allied neighbour edged you out in score? Remember: with this new scoring system, it's too late to change your mind in the final stretch. Better to deal with your nearby allies rivals in one of the early Ages...

A Thunderdome should happen, if not for our sadistic viewing pleasure, then certainly for your own sakes!

Most indian human powers dont even border eachother yet.
Yes we do communicate some things like “now we will be going after Delhi, if anyone is interested feel free to join” but there’s very little actual alliance building going on yet :)
That said I do think we all agree that we would rather not see European or west Asian intervention in India at the point were that might happen.
Had Afghanistan made a more serious attempt at expansion into India I think both me and Gujarat would have acted (and I told Afghanistan as much when he invaded).

Yes, India isn't big enough for the players there, but whoever survives out the inevitable thunderdome will almost certainly want to work together to keep others out.

Yes, India isn't big enough for the players there, but whoever survives out the inevitable thunderdome will almost certainly want to work together to keep others out.

You're telling me you're not going to accept the European's potential offers to buy land off you?

Malwa has a VC on Gujarat.

Trin. After many many dev clashes of hoping for you to win I have to say. Solidify your surprisingly good position by doubling down on your alliance with orrisa. Crush gujarat before is to late! As Arnold Judas Rimmer once said....

Rimmer: What are you waiting for? Gloop him.

Lister: I can't. He's not armed.

Rimmer: Lister, this is not a scout meeting. We are not trying to win Best Behaved Troop Flag. Gloop him.

Lister: What? In the back?

Rimmer: Of course in the back. It's only a pity he's awake.

Lister: You mean you can happily kill him if he was asleep?

Rimmer: I can happily kill him if he was on the job.