EU4 Dev Clash #11 - Baltic Elephants - Tuesdays 15:00 CET

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've lost a HDD and an SSD since then, so I definitely don't have those any more, sadly.

The most extensive one I made was RoI calculations for manufactories for every single province I had, taking into account both production income and trade income, and the production income I'd get from any missing production efficiency buildings.

Beyond that, most sessions I had spreadsheets detailing army quality and size of all relevant nations, to figure out what our chances were. Things looked dicey from time to time.
I've managed to find one screenshot of one of the last incarnations of that:
View attachment 377093
You and Arumba must get on well.

2bp9ct.jpg

An exciting second clash.

Some solid plays by fan favourites like Blondie in Ethiopia and Daniel on Theodoro and lots of interesting action.

A valiant, if ultimately futile defence of the British Isles by Scotland and Portugal - But where oh where was the Peasant's Counterrevolutionary Oligarchic Dirthmarschen Republic to repay Scotland saving them earlier? Their troops (with the early military bonuses from Dirthmarschen ideas) must have been sorely missed. Kaiser Johan survived to die another day and has made great early inroads into the New World, but could have left himself more diplomatically isolated than ever and all before he has safely evacuated the old continent.

The AI showing its strength as well, doing a number on Hungary (HRE Coalition), Sweden (Muscovy), Nepal (Bengal), and Punjab (Timmurids), as well as forming a key part of the Pomeranian mega alliance (PLC).

Speaking of which, my regards to the heroic Punjab and Nepali players. While things didn't ultimately turn out as planned, their counter-invasion of Afghanistan inspired me to make some fan art when I saw elephants crossing the HImalays:

Over the Himalayas.png

Or perhaps better conveyed in Polandball form:

Over the HImalayas Comic.png

(PS: Punjab is reading "The Campaigns of Hannibal")

Shaping up to be another great clash! Keep up the good work!

A valiant, if ultimately futile defence of the British Isles by Scotland and Portugal - But where oh where was the Peasant's Counterrevolutionary Oligarchic Dirthmarschen Republic to repay Scotland saving them earlier? Their troops (with the early military bonuses from Dirthmarschen ideas) must have been sorely missed. Kaiser Johan survived to die another day and has made great early inroads into the New World, but could have left himself more diplomatically isolated than ever and all before he has safely evacuated the old continent.

Unlike Katz, KJ knows how to "Singleplayer", especially in the NW. He can't offer troops as he most certainly uses "aggressive native policy" to enhance colonial growth. So he would burn down his own important trade node colonies while helping Scotland.

In reverse however, if Scotland keeps his back free while not pestering his troops when they need to keep the natives silent by calling them into war, a strong Dithmarshen can and WILL come back to help them retake their land. KJ at the end of the day is a man of his word. Afterwards he can use his trade influence to support the North Sea trade node - after removing the hugbox plague of Bratyn and the French Paradox to not help them too.

Jake or at least his fans might be proud though, in his streams there was a joke about Dithmarshen to Canada as parody for the game "Deathroad to Canada"

Speaking of which, my regards to the heroic Punjab and Nepali players. While things didn't ultimately turn out as planned, their counter-invasion of Afghanistan inspired me to make some fan art when I saw elephants crossing the HImalays

And as is common for military geniuses, he fails by lack of reinforcements from home... and then Carthago Delanda Est.

I think KJ should sell a colony to Sidestep, then Scotland can leave for the new world as well, and the pair can come back Aztec invasion style for their revenge on the evil Europeans.

Truly sad indeed
He can always create a colonial nation and then releasetagswitch. Oh and transfer other new world provinces to said nation before that. Commie-US led by comrade Barack 400 yrs ahead of time!

He can always create a colonial nation and then releasetagswitch. Oh and transfer other new world provinces to said nation before that. Commie-US led by comrade Barack 400 yrs ahead of time!

Wont keep Peasant Republic sadly so thats a no-no :(

That was a nice session. I like the new scoring system, I just hope that no player would have "enough points" in the 3 first ages to "do nothing" in the last one and still win though. It's theoritically possible but I imagine that it won't happen.
Please someone to act as a substitute for Johan!

Speaking of lists... where are the stats!? Groogy you Judas! I was promised stats!
Highly entertaining session.
However, I wonder how exactly score is computed. Given how Hungary was ran into ground, second place feels questionable.
Johan basically gets free points by virtue of starting out as a nation that actually scores points. He's left it a broken shell, but he still gets more points than anyone besides Burgundy and Malwa.

TheLetterZ is in a similar position: he's only lost territory so far, but I'm assuming his Diplo rank has been high enough to keep the score trickling in. And so he wins more points than Hormuz, Gujarat, Holland and Ethiopia this first age.

It's a little warped, but it's only a problem at the start. In the end I think I will prefer this scoring system immensely. I think if this system was used in the past, Da9l might've actually won some trophies instead of missing out in the final stretch. :p Man I hope Theodoro nabs a trophy this time!