• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Who said he's not mentally broken? He doesn't have to be maimed or anything to be broken.:D))

((Too bad the Cult is watching. They're always watching.... o_O))

((Private))

Donatello didn't know what was going on anymore and didn't quite care. What he did care about is that his finger was suddenly back and that wasn't good. What would the Cult think if they saw that the finger had grown back? Likely they'd suspect him of having some supernatural ally or powers and deem him a threat. He preferred not to paint a target on his back. No, he needed them to think he was being compliant, that he'd continue to push his agenda and help them. Of course he had no intention of letting them win in the end, but it didn't hurt to use them for his own ends. For now though, he had to deal with the little problem at hand.

Scrounging around the kitchen of his hotel room, Donatello finally came across a large butcher knife. Yes, that'd do quite nicely. One clean chop and his finger would be off. In preparation for his chop, he placed the knife on the stove and watched it heat up. He hoped it'd be hot enough to cauterize the wound afterwards. He need to make the wound look as similar to what it was before and avoid bleeding out. When it was nice and hot, he rested his left hand down on a chopping board and held the knife above it. At first he had it pointing forward, but then shifted it to point right for a better cutting angle. He wanted it to go as smoothly as possible. For good measure, he grabbed a dishcloth, scrunched it up, and shoved it in his mouth to avoid biting his tongue.

Donatello stood there for a few moments, waiting for the perfect moment to strike. He was trying his best to psych himself up, but it was not working. He had to place the knife back on the stove to heat it up again because he waited too long. It was not the best solution, but he needed to do it to keep the Cult from growing suspicious. What was a single finger compared to the preservation and restoration of the Empire? He briefly considered the fact that he might actually be going insane, but tossed that thought aside after considering the situation. The Cult was a deplorable organization, but he needed them to get Italy back. He'd do anything for Italy. Well almost anything, thinking back to his refusal to betray the Emperor. A man had to have some boundaries after all.

Once the knife was hot again, Donatello picked it up and held it above his left hand. He did a few practice swings, moving the knife close enough to singe the hairs on his finger. After taking in a very deep breath, it came time for the moment of truth. Yelling into the dishcloth in his mouth, Donatello swung the butcher knife down and severed his pinky from his hand. The pain was excruciating and he pulled his injured hand back without meaning to. Blood spurted from the wound and the Senator quickly pressed the hot knife to the wound. It burned like hell, but he knew it had to be done. His teeth were gritted together so hard he swore he'd bite right through the dishcloth. After the knife started to cool down and the feeling in his hand had practically given away, Donatello felt the handle slip from his right hand. He took one look at his re-injured hand, which thankfully was not bleeding but was now missing a finger, and promptly fainted.

((Can my character already be replaced?))
Constantinople
1 of January,1931

Pavlo Shelepov was seating near fireplace,with book in hands.His children now listened education programs on radio,while his wife,Eva von Vandenburg Jr.,attended some Congress of German èmigrès,whatever it was.
The book,however,was interesting,it was written by Ukrainian exile politician Dmytro Dontsov,and claimed,that only nationalist state can be perfect government form for Ukraine.While Pavlo disapproved of writer's opinion,that Ukraine also must be republic,he was interested by every sign of Ukrainian activity here,in Roman Empire.
Suddenly,the phone rang.He picked it,and asked:
- Hello,who calls?
- Good evening,senator.I heard today was your first New Year's Senate session?
- Yes.But what you want to ask,and,well,who are you?
- I'm your doom,traitor of Slavic people.Hail the Chernobog!
Conversation ended,when suddenly loud explosion have hit house opposite the street.
"Fool",thought Shelepov,"this cultists sometimes even can't attack the needed house".All in all,it was a disaster,so Pavlo phoned to Ministry of Security.

((Too bad the Cult is watching. They're always watching.... o_O))

((Private))

Donatello didn't know what was going on anymore and didn't quite care. What he did care about is that his finger was suddenly back and that wasn't good. What would the Cult think if they saw that the finger had grown back? Likely they'd suspect him of having some supernatural ally or powers and deem him a threat. He preferred not to paint a target on his back. No, he needed them to think he was being compliant, that he'd continue to push his agenda and help them. Of course he had no intention of letting them win in the end, but it didn't hurt to use them for his own ends. For now though, he had to deal with the little problem at hand.

Scrounging around the kitchen of his hotel room, Donatello finally came across a large butcher knife. Yes, that'd do quite nicely. One clean chop and his finger would be off. In preparation for his chop, he placed the knife on the stove and watched it heat up. He hoped it'd be hot enough to cauterize the wound afterwards. He need to make the wound look as similar to what it was before and avoid bleeding out. When it was nice and hot, he rested his left hand down on a chopping board and held the knife above it. At first he had it pointing forward, but then shifted it to point right for a better cutting angle. He wanted it to go as smoothly as possible. For good measure, he grabbed a dishcloth, scrunched it up, and shoved it in his mouth to avoid biting his tongue.

Donatello stood there for a few moments, waiting for the perfect moment to strike. He was trying his best to psych himself up, but it was not working. He had to place the knife back on the stove to heat it up again because he waited too long. It was not the best solution, but he needed to do it to keep the Cult from growing suspicious. What was a single finger compared to the preservation and restoration of the Empire? He briefly considered the fact that he might actually be going insane, but tossed that thought aside after considering the situation. The Cult was a deplorable organization, but he needed them to get Italy back. He'd do anything for Italy. Well almost anything, thinking back to his refusal to betray the Emperor. A man had to have some boundaries after all.

Once the knife was hot again, Donatello picked it up and held it above his left hand. He did a few practice swings, moving the knife close enough to singe the hairs on his finger. After taking in a very deep breath, it came time for the moment of truth. Yelling into the dishcloth in his mouth, Donatello swung the butcher knife down and severed his pinky from his hand. The pain was excruciating and he pulled his injured hand back without meaning to. Blood spurted from the wound and the Senator quickly pressed the hot knife to the wound. It burned like hell, but he knew it had to be done. His teeth were gritted together so hard he swore he'd bite right through the dishcloth. After the knife started to cool down and the feeling in his hand had practically given away, Donatello felt the handle slip from his right hand. He took one look at his re-injured hand, which thankfully was not bleeding but was now missing a finger, and promptly fainted.
((Okay, fine. I won't heal his finger. For now, at least.:p))

((Private))

Wilhelm teleported back into Donatello's room and noticed he had managed to get his finger cut off again. He sighed. Realizing this man was as stubborn as the Archangel Michael, he at least healed the wound, but he did not regenerate the finger. This senator better have a good reason to cut off his finger again. Wilhelm would heal it at a later time. He had other things to handle, though, namely targeting all of the remaining Cult cells in Greece. He teleported away.

((Later))

Theodora sat at her desk, looking over the reports on recent Cult activity in Greece, namely two cells in the Peloponnese that were completely destroyed, when the intercom buzzed.

"Sir, it's Senator Shepolov," said her assistant, "He wants to speak with you."

"Tell him that I'm not available to take his call," said Theodora.

"He's saying something about a Cult attack targeting him," said the assistant, his voice a bit worried.

"Notify local police to check in on him, but that's it," said Theodora, "And don't tell them to tell him that I sent them."

The intercom shut off.

"You know, when you really don't like someone, it shows," said Wilhelm, teleporting into a chair in one corner of the office.

"Why are you here?" she muttered.

"Oh, just to help out a bit." Wilhelm snapped his fingers, and a small file appeared on her desk.

She flipped through the file, finding it to contain information on various Cult cells throughout Greece and a few neighboring provinces, including their size, activities, and plans.

"Where did you get this?" said Theodora.

"I'm an angel, remember?" said Wilhelm. "I can just teleport almost anywhere. Oh, I also took out those two Peloponnesian cells for you. No need to thank me. But you might want to act fast before the others find out."

"Why are you doing this?" asked Theodora.

"The Cult must be destroyed," said Wilhelm, "And I'm helping you do that."

He teleported away.

Theodora tapped her intercom again. "Basil?" she asked. "I'm going to need as many Athanatoi assault teams as possible ready to ship out to Greece in an hour. I have a lead on quite a few Cult cells."

"Got it," said Basil.

By the end of the day, no less than twenty Cult cells in Greece had been eliminated, their members either killed or captured. More raids were planned in Illyria, Anatolia, Dacia, and Syria, with the first few in those provinces already meeting with success. One or two Greek cells might have slipped through the cracks, but the Cult's presence in the heart of the Empire had been decisively shattered. Never again would they threaten the capital or any senator house gatherings--wait, why was she thinking that the Cult attacked her social event from over ten years ago? That never happened.

While the rest of the Ministry celebrated the victory, attributing most of their successes to her uncanny ability to find and destroy Cult cells, and prepared for the probably coming awards and promotions, she retreated to her apartment and called up Kyrene.

"Hello, Kyrene?" she said. "Want to meet up tomorrow? I need your advice."

((@Damian0358))

After expressing her worries to the senator, Kyrene was tapped on the shoulder by her husband Nestorius, who told her that they needed to get home. The two and Timon said their goodbyes, telling Theodora that she could call them anytime, since they'll be in the capital until the end of February. With that, the three returned to the Thaddai estate, the Aotearoan Representitive HQ. There, Nestor expressed his plans of getting the HQ its own building within the capital, located near the estate, as to allow for it to not only have more space finally, but to free up the estate for the future. While most were enthusiastic over the idea, Timon was still nervous, thinking why things were moving so quickly for him.

((Private - @zenphoenix))

Later, Kyrene heard a ring on the phone. As the others were occupied with some unrelated business, she went ahead and picked it up, surprised to hear that the senator had chosen to call them so soon.

"Oh, um, hello!" she replied, not having expected this. "Yeah, we can meet up if you want. Any place in particular?"

After expressing her worries to the senator, Kyrene was tapped on the shoulder by her husband Nestorius, who told her that they needed to get home. The two and Timon said their goodbyes, telling Theodora that she could call them anytime, since they'll be in the capital until the end of February. With that, the three returned to the Thaddai estate, the Aotearoan Representitive HQ. There, Nestor expressed his plans of getting the HQ its own building within the capital, located near the estate, as to allow for it to not only have more space finally, but to free up the estate for the future. While most were enthusiastic over the idea, Timon was still nervous, thinking why things were moving so quickly for him.

Later, Kyrene heard a ring on the phone. As the others were occupied with some unrelated business, she went ahead and picked it up, surprised to hear that the senator had chosen to call them so soon.

"Oh, um, hello!" she replied, not having expected this. "Yeah, we can meet up if you want. Any place in particular?"
((Private - @Damian0358))

"Perhaps Augustaeon Square?" said Theodora.

"Sure," said Kyrene.

"See you then," said Theodora, hanging up.

((The next day))

Theodora sat at a bench, waiting for Kyrene to show up. She had taken every precaution to make sure nobody would try to interrupt the conversation. Police officers and undercover Athanatoi had been strategically stationed around her, looking out for Cultists and unscrupulous reporters alike.

Kyrene sat down next to her. "Morning," she said, "Is there a reason you wanted to talk to me?"

"Yeah," said Theodora, "I don't know what's happening to me. I keep having those dreams about my house event from ten years ago, only instead of what happened I 'remember' the Cult attacking."

"Like I said, dreams can feel very real at times," said Kyrene.

"But I met that man again," said Theodora, "He showed up in my office and gave me information on the Cult. Information that actually helped me destroy many Cult cells. He was there, and then he wasn't. He disappeared right in front of my eyes again. What's going on here?"

"I don't think you're mad, Dora," said Kyrene, "But I don't know what to make of a man who just disappears. Are you sure he did disappear?"

"He did," said Theodora, "I'm sure of it. But who is he? And what's his connection to that event ten years ago?"

She turned to Kyrene. "You have some friends who attended my house gathering," she said, "Did they tell you or Nestorius anything similar to what I am experiencing?"

Kyrene thought for a moment.

"As far as I recall, they only mentioned attending your house gathering, and that was about ten years ago," she revealed, hoping she hadn't disappointed her friend. "If you want, I could give them a quick call with a phone booth and ask them personally," she suggested.

Kyrene thought for a moment.

"As far as I recall, they only mentioned attending your house gathering, and that was about ten years ago," she revealed, hoping she hadn't disappointed her friend. "If you want, I could give them a quick call with a phone booth and ask them personally," she suggested.

"Sure, go ahead," said Theodora, nodding to a nearby phone booth, "It's just that there may be something more to that than we thought."

"You're right," said a voice next to her.

Both of them turned to Theodora's left, finding Wilhelm sitting there.

Theodora turned back to Kyrene. "I don't think you're going to need to call now."

(( Sorry for the lack of responsiveness, I've been pulling overtime at work die to some bigger-than-usual emergencies. The Emperor owes a response to Kyrene's questions in the address. I'm assuming nearly everything else is after, so the posts will end up out of order once I do provide a response. I'll fix that up once I quote everything to fit it all in one post.

As for government posts, I'll have to figure out exactly what I want to do once I start plotting out the HoI4 mod. I have some general notions of where I want things to go, but I'm not fully decided yet. It doesn't help that the existing ministry positions were based on the HoI3 minister positions, which doesn't fully square with the HoI4 system!

In the meanwhile, Senators have broad authority within the Empire. No legislative power, but some amount of delegated executive power, especially for ones who hold or have held staff-level positions. So if Senator Doukas needs some cult positions raided, she can get the bureaucracy to provide the support she needs. Likewise Senator Favero causing covert issues for Italy, or the rest doing things in line with their positions. Sadly, I can't imagine the current Emperor clarifying the positions or appointing new ones. He's kinda weak. ))

(( Sorry for the lack of responsiveness, I've been pulling overtime at work die to some bigger-than-usual emergencies. The Emperor owes a response to Kyrene's questions in the address. I'm assuming nearly everything else is after, so the posts will end up out of order once I do provide a response. I'll fix that up once I quote everything to fit it all in one post.

As for government posts, I'll have to figure out exactly what I want to do once I start plotting out the HoI4 mod. I have some general notions of where I want things to go, but I'm not fully decided yet. It doesn't help that the existing ministry positions were based on the HoI3 minister positions, which doesn't fully square with the HoI4 system!

In the meanwhile, Senators have broad authority within the Empire. No legislative power, but some amount of delegated executive power, especially for ones who hold or have held staff-level positions. So if Senator Doukas needs some cult positions raided, she can get the bureaucracy to provide the support she needs. Likewise Senator Favero causing covert issues for Italy, or the rest doing things in line with their positions. Sadly, I can't imagine the current Emperor clarifying the positions or appointing new ones. He's kinda weak. ))
((Please,replace my previous senator with new one,Pavlo Shelepov(KRA - affiliated).I have already mentioned him in few earlier posts.))

Last edited:

Kyrene felt smeckledorfed at the sight of Wilhelm. Even as Theodora made her comment, she just continued to "uuhhhh" with an open mouth. This definitely confirmed her suspicions that Theodora was not going mad. She did wonder why she didn't notice him earlier.

Theodora noticed Kyrene struggling to comprehend how someone just appeared right in front of her.

She turned back to Wilhelm. "Really?" she said. "Don't you have better things to do than stalk senators?"

"Sort of," said Wilhelm, "But I've got some time to spare. I believe Theodora has introduced me to some degree?"

Kyrene nodded.

"Good," said Wilhelm, "Now, let me make this brief. I'm an angel."

"An...angel," said Kyrene, "Really?"

Wilhelm's eyes briefly flashed bright blue.

"That explains a lot," said Theodora, "But if you're an angel, why bother us? Don't you have other things to do?"

"Well, it's a long story, but I'm stuck here," said Wilhelm, "Don't ask how or why. I'm just stuck here. While I'm here, though, I decided I'd give a helping hand to your Empire. Reminds me a lot about one of my favorite places."

"Wait," said Theodora, "What does all this have to do with my dream?"

"What dream?" said Wilhelm.

"Ten years ago, I invited the senators over to my estate for a social event," said Theodora, "Nothing happened that day, except for me catching a few Cultists outside. But lately I've been having dreams where those Cultists attacked the senators, only for you to stop them. Then the dream ended."

Wilhelm sighed. "I should have been more careful," he muttered.

"What?" said Kyrene.

"That dream..." said Wilhelm. "It really did happen. The Cult did attack ten years ago. That's when I showed up here. I then prevented the attack from beginning by giving you the information necessary to find and arrest those Cultists."

"That explains everything," Theodora realized, "You changed history?"

"Just one day," said Wilhelm, "Thought it would be a one-off favor, but after seeing how obsessed the Cult was with destroying you all, I decided to help you fight them."

"I'm not mad!" Theodora exclaimed.

"Calm down," said Kyrene.

"So you're helping us deal with the Cult," said Theodora.

"Sure," said Wilhelm, "Though I prefer to just let you do most of the work. I don't want to interfere too much while I'm here. I'm just making sure you senators stay out of trouble. Although you guys are proving very difficult. I had to rescue Favero from two separate Cult abductions and healed his finger, only for him to cut it off again. He's fine, for now."

"But why?" said Kyrene. "Why are all of us so important?"

Wilhelm hesitated. "There's something big coming," he said, "And you're all going to be part of it."

And he was gone again.

"Really?" Theodora muttered.

Kyrene just sat there, bemused by what she had just witnessed. First off, angels exist. Second off, angels can change history. Third off, this angel sounded like German was its mother tongue. Fourth off, he decided to help them fight the Cult for some reason. Fifth off, her head was going to hurt from all this.

As she kept thinking about it though, Wilhelm's last words kept ringing in her head. She turned towards Theodora.

"Dora, remember when I told you the worries I had related to my son?" she said worryingly.

"Yeah?" Theodora responded.

"What the angel guy said about there being something big coming and how we're all going to be a part of it isn't helping in alleviating these worries."

Kyrene just sat there, bemused by what she had just witnessed. First off, angels exist. Second off, angels can change history. Third off, this angel sounded like German was its mother tongue. Fourth off, he decided to help them fight the Cult for some reason. Fifth off, her head was going to hurt from all this.

As she kept thinking about it though, Wilhelm's last words kept ringing in her head. She turned towards Theodora.

"Dora, remember when I told you the worries I had related to my son?" she said worryingly.

"Yeah?" Theodora responded.

"What the angel guy said about there being something big coming and how we're all going to be a part of it isn't helping in alleviating these worries."

Theodora nodded. "I understand," she said, "But I think I know someone who can help."

"That angel again?" said Kyrene.

"No, not him," said Theodora, "We don't know enough about him to trust him. But I do know someone I can trust. You free next week to meet at Ministry of Security headquarters?"

"Possibly," said Kyrene, "But why the Ministry of Security headquarters?"

"Because she's a Cult target," said Theodora, "And she has to be kept under heavy guard for her own protection. So, next week?"

((
Okay, so here are the ten cabinet positions in HOI3:

Head of State
Head of Government
Foreign Minister
Minister of Security
Minister of Intelligence
Armaments Minister
Chief of Army
Chief of Navy
Chief of Air
Chief of Staff

Now, from what I got reading the relevant page in the wiki ("Ideas" I think?), as I haven't played that much HOI4, there is a maximum of 11 "ministers" you can have. I've tried mapping them to the HOI3 ministers below:

National leader: the Emperor (obviously), with a national spirit
Political adviser 1: PM (or Minister of Security if you don't want a PM)
Political adviser 2: Security / Intelligence (they can be folded into the same position, if you decide against creating a PM position)
Political adviser 3: Foreign
Theorist: Armaments? I couldn't find a better place to put it.
Chief of Army: maps from HOI3. I'd recommend calling it Megas Domestikos in-universe.
Chief of Navy: maps from HOI3. I'd recommend calling it Megas Droungarios in-universe.
Chief of Air : maps from HOI3. I'd recommend calling it Megas Domestikos ton Aeras in-universe.
Military high commands (3): Chief of Staff and two high-ranking generals (optional). I'd recommend calling the Chief of Staff Megas Doux, which I think was the title of the commander-in-chief of the Byzantine army.

Hiring ministers costs political power, though. Can the converter grant you advisers on game start without having to hire them again? And do they cost political power to maintain? The wiki didn't say anything about that.

And I totally understand if the Emperor isn't willing to formalize cabinet positions or create new ones.
))

Hiring ministers costs political power, though. Can the converter grant you advisers on game start without having to hire them again? And do they cost political power to maintain? The wiki didn't say anything about that.

((Advisors in HOI4 only have an initial political power cost, but no maintenance. Once you have them, they give you their benefits without any costs.))

((Alexander Shelepov is "dead" for already one year,can you replace him,please.))

Theodora nodded. "I understand," she said, "But I think I know someone who can help."

"That angel again?" said Kyrene.

"No, not him," said Theodora, "We don't know enough about him to trust him. But I do know someone I can trust. You free next week to meet at Ministry of Security headquarters?"

"Possibly," said Kyrene, "But why the Ministry of Security headquarters?"

"Because she's a Cult target," said Theodora, "And she has to be kept under heavy guard for her own protection. So, next week?"

((
Okay, so here are the ten cabinet positions in HOI3:

Head of State
Head of Government
Foreign Minister
Minister of Security
Minister of Intelligence
Armaments Minister
Chief of Army
Chief of Navy
Chief of Air
Chief of Staff

Now, from what I got reading the relevant page in the wiki ("Ideas" I think?), as I haven't played that much HOI4, there is a maximum of 11 "ministers" you can have. I've tried mapping them to the HOI3 ministers below:

National leader: the Emperor (obviously), with a national spirit
Political adviser 1: PM (or Minister of Security if you don't want a PM)
Political adviser 2: Security / Intelligence (they can be folded into the same position, if you decide against creating a PM position)
Political adviser 3: Foreign
Theorist: Armaments? I couldn't find a better place to put it.
Chief of Army: maps from HOI3. I'd recommend calling it Megas Domestikos in-universe.
Chief of Navy: maps from HOI3. I'd recommend calling it Megas Droungarios in-universe.
Chief of Air : maps from HOI3. I'd recommend calling it Megas Domestikos ton Aeras in-universe.
Military high commands (3): Chief of Staff and two high-ranking generals (optional). I'd recommend calling the Chief of Staff Megas Doux, which I think was the title of the commander-in-chief of the Byzantine army.

And I totally understand if the Emperor isn't willing to formalize cabinet positions or create new ones.
))
Constantinople
3 January of 1931

Pavlo Shelepov felt relieved,when police solved the incident with suicidal Cultist in Pavlo's neighborhood. Shelepov , after reading the rest of Dontsov's book,got an idea.What about founding of organization,let's call it Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists,OUN,that will fight for freedom of Ukraine(under Roman-aligned monarchy , of course)?He wasn't sure,how to put Rome at war with Russia,but he knew,that Ukraine must be liberated.
((Can Pavlo Shelepov be added to Roman Empire as political advisor?Or his role in Komma Romanitas Autokratorikas is too insignificant?))

((The modern Greek air force is the Polemiki Aeroporia and the monarchic institution was the Ellinikí Vasilikí Aeroporía. Likewise, the navy was the Vasilikón Naftikón and the army is the Ellinikós Stratós. Wikipedia also mentions Stratarchis as the equivalent for a Field Marshal, Genikó Epiteleío Stratoú as the Hellenic Army General Staff and its Archigos as the Chief of Staff.))

((Can Pavlo Shelepov be added to Roman Empire as political advisor?Or his role in Komma Romanitas Autokratorikas is too insignificant?))
((There are only enough advisers for the most important minister roles. You're not a minister and the Emperor is unlikely to appoint new ones, so I don't think we can fit you in at this point.))
((The modern Greek air force is the Polemiki Aeroporia and the monarchic institution was the Ellinikí Vasilikí Aeroporía. Likewise, the navy was the Vasilikón Naftikón and the army is the Ellinikós Stratós. Wikipedia also mentions Stratarchis as the equivalent for a Field Marshal, Genikó Epiteleío Stratoú as the Hellenic Army General Staff and its Archigos as the Chief of Staff.))
((Those Greek names sound nice, though since the Empire is more based on Byzantium than modern Greece I think Megas Doux/Domestikos/Droungarios make more sense.))

((I'm not absolutely sure but I believe it's possible to edit starting political power so that you can instantly add advisors as the 1939 start has more political power for that purpose. Also, I think some mods allow for more advisors))