Ye olde ot-forum games bar and tavern (place for ooc discussions)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We had that already IIRC
I don't think it was every single player, but there were, like, eight of them. (Assuming we're talking about the same game, which we may or may not be.)

I don't think it was every single player, but there were, like, eight of them. (Assuming we're talking about the same game, which we may or may not be.)
Dada's game had everybody be a liar, IIRC. Either everybody, or everybody, but a single baddie.

Dada's game had everybody be a liar, IIRC. Either everybody, or everybody, but a single baddie.
Everybody but me, the sole wolf and starting baddie.

Wait, we let Dadarian run a second game after his first game, where he had eight pathological liars or something? How dumb are we?

Anyway, @alxeu, I always enjoy the Security Chief.

Wait, we let Dadarian run a second game after his first game, where he had eight pathological liars or something? How dumb are we?

Anyway, @alxeu, I always enjoy the Security Chief.
Not 8 liars. 8 packs of a single wolf each. With a truly bizarre hunting pattern.

To be fair, I think I at least have an idea on how an all PL setup could function.

To begin with, there'd be no thieves/robbers. Those straight up just break things.

My concept is that, for that game, PL is uncapped, one can have unlimited PL claims. However, each PL must decide between two options:

1) The PL can claim the same role/trait every night, effectively becoming that role/trait with infinite uses.

2) The PL can claim a different role/trait every night, but never the same one twice.

Almost a pick-points game except everything is free.

Rivals will be included, in an attempt to dissuade villager cooperation, and, no, you can't just shoot your rival. There'd certainly be more than one starting baddie.

If multiple Liars use option 1 for a scanner role, the power becomes diluted. Dunno if that should mean they rotate who scans, or everyone gets to scan with a percentage chance of actually getting a result.

Option 1, when used to "become" a wolf, effectively turns the liar who used this ability into a singular wolf who gets to hunt every night, counts against the village for parity, and must when alone/with cultists, only.

PLs cannot become cultists through lying, so only starting cultists will exist.

It's a thought, anyway. Probably too many exceptions/rules needed to make it easy to follow, and I probably also still missed some kind of loophole.

That being said, unless everyone is actually interested in such a game, I think I'll stick to a regular setup.

I'd avoid PL/Cloak/Innkeeper entirely for a smaller game, is the lesson I learned from the last diplomacy game. Although it would be cool to try to get 30+ players again. I think spy reports and alchemists as alternatives to priests and seers are fun too, it creates more discussion in a JL and allows baddies to argue against their scanners rather than just dying.

To be fair, I think I at least have an idea on how an all PL setup could function.

To begin with, there'd be no thieves/robbers. Those straight up just break things.

My concept is that, for that game, PL is uncapped, one can have unlimited PL claims. However, each PL must decide between two options:

1) The PL can claim the same role/trait every night, effectively becoming that role/trait with infinite uses.

2) The PL can claim a different role/trait every night, but never the same one twice.

Almost a pick-points game except everything is free.

Rivals will be included, in an attempt to dissuade villager cooperation, and, no, you can't just shoot your rival. There'd certainly be more than one starting baddie.

If multiple Liars use option 1 for a scanner role, the power becomes diluted. Dunno if that should mean they rotate who scans, or everyone gets to scan with a percentage chance of actually getting a result.

Option 1, when used to "become" a wolf, effectively turns the liar who used this ability into a singular wolf who gets to hunt every night, counts against the village for parity, and must when alone/with cultists, only.

PLs cannot become cultists through lying, so only starting cultists will exist.

It's a thought, anyway. Probably too many exceptions/rules needed to make it easy to follow, and I probably also still missed some kind of loophole.

That being said, unless everyone is actually interested in such a game, I think I'll stick to a regular setup.
I think it could be fun.

Werewolf CCLIII - Pathological Liars

The village you have lived in all your lives is well-known for being a village of liars. So convincing are the lies your people tell that they fall for it, themselves! While this has created a great potential for good in the village, a few have decided to use this power for evil, using their lies to grant themselves great strength at the cost of needing to feast on their fellow villager.

Those with you that remain unswayed to evil are already planning to use your powers for good, but whether or not it will be able to stop those lying wolves, it remains to be seen...

• 1Love
Reactions:
Werewolf CCLIII - Pathological Liars

The village you have lived in all your lives is well-known for being a village of liars. So convincing are the lies your people tell that they fall for it, themselves! While this has created a great potential for good in the village, a few have decided to use this power for evil, using their lies to grant themselves great strength at the cost of needing to feast on their fellow villager.

Those with you that remain unswayed to evil are already planning to use your powers for good, but whether or not it will be able to stop those lying wolves, it remains to be seen...
Glad to see my joke became reality. Life imitates art.

I’m considering going through the archive and compiling a list of stats from each game/player/overall. Will update if I start doing it.

I’m considering going through the archive and compiling a list of stats from each game/player/overall. Will update if I start doing it.
What sort of stats?

What sort of stats?
Roles, traits, winners, losers, average village/wolf win rate, game size…
I haven’t fully decided what I’d do, or even if I’d actually go and do it.

Roles, traits, winners, losers, average village/wolf win rate, game size…
I haven’t fully decided what I’d do, or even if I’d actually go and do it.
I think you would do well to start from either one of the earlier stat compilations, or to only analyze a representative sample (say, the last 10-30 games or so).

Some of these things would probably take forever: for example getting the roles and traits. A lot of GMs don't publish the full setup at the start or end so it would mean wading through dozens of pages for updates (as some also don't link to updates and threadmarks weren't a thing for old games).

Average game size though(number of pages, but also number of players), interestingly, is so standarized that I think a bot should be able to easily build a graph with the sizes of each game that has its own thread. Someone with more knowledge than me in web-development could probably do that in a couple of hours at most