Ye olde ot-forum games bar and tavern (place for ooc discussions)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You need to know that I can be quite stubborn at times and do things the really long, unnecessary way.
Once, I had to copy a lot of data from a website, and so I typed it all out when I could have done ctrl-z ctrl-v.

You need to know that I can be quite stubborn at times and do things the really long, unnecessary way.
Once, I had to copy a lot of data from a website, and so I typed it all out when I could have done ctrl-z ctrl-v.
Using too much ctrl-z would be long and unnecessary, yes :p

Some of these things would probably take forever: for example getting the roles and traits. A lot of GMs don't publish the full setup at the start or end so it would mean wading through dozens of pages for updates (as some also don't link to updates and threadmarks weren't a thing for old games).

Average game size though(number of pages, but also number of players), interestingly, is so standarized that I think a bot should be able to easily build a graph with the sizes of each game that has its own thread. Someone with more knowledge than me in web-development could probably do that in a couple of hours at most
I can confirm the 'take forever' part. In 2016(?) I started on a compilation of all roles/traits/game mechanics and rules variants used for them. Managed about 230 games for the raw data but wanted to add some analysis/recommendations but never got round to it. Probably a good thing though since I did most of the work on the compilation when I had waaay too much spare time on my hands.

Anyone plan on running a new WW game, or should I go ahead and try running a lite?

Gopher it.

Okay. Should have a theme ready in a few days maximum.

Is WW still going?

It's been very on and off the past couple years.
Well when it turns out to be On give me a nudge please. Mucho Grassyass me old mucka.
Rules depending as I remember they went weird and off track for my simple brain.

Well when it turns out to be On give me a nudge please. Mucho Grassyass me old mucka.
Rules depending as I remember they went weird and off track for my simple brain.
The lites are still alright, but yeah, the bigs can get slightly wacky ;)

• 1Like
Reactions:
I’ll be starting signups for a lite in a couple hours, if all goes to plan

And game posted.

New game.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I just passed by to realize that some of the ye olde guard from the jonti-h era are still around.