Ye olde ot-forum games bar and tavern (place for ooc discussions)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
With this in mind maybe we could have this modification:

The Guillotine

In addition to casting a regular vote, players can cast a vote for "The Guillotine".
Once The Guillotine receives a number of votes equalling 5 or at least half the number of living players rounded up (whichever number is lower), the player who currently has the most votes is executed.
The GM will reveal their role in the next update.
The day otherwise goes on as normal. The lynched player has to follow ghost rules from the moment the guillotine is triggered, and votes on them are rendered invalid.
The guillotine can only be triggered once per day.
On days on which the guillotine is triggered, the wolves get an additional hunt.

I think it would still solve every case of "slow days". It also doesn't give the villagers a free tie/hunter shot as it has a drawback. It does work as a huge potential boon for baddies, but they would still have revealed themselves, there would still be a lynch before their hunt goes through, and it would still require more people than they could coordinate in most games.
Sounds fun. :)

Sounds fun. :)
It does need some clarification as to which pack gets the extra hunt though. With multiple packs it makes sense to simply keep rolling, so the pack who's turn it would be would get the guillotine hunt, and the nightly hunt should go to whomever is up after that

One problem I have with giving the wolves an extra hunt is what stops the wolves from trying to snipe an extra hunt?

One problem I have with giving the wolves an extra hunt is what stops the wolves from trying to snipe an extra hunt?
That's my worry too. Could be abused on the penultimat day to snipe parity.
Especially in a lite.

That's my worry too. Could be abused on the penultimat day to snipe parity.
Especially in a lite.
I doubt it would be used in a lite, but otherwise I agree fully.

Has it really been 1.5 years since I last hosted something

@randakar @Caillean

Werewolf Lite CDXLI: Communism

Flag_of_the_Soviet_Union.svg

It's 1958 and there's turmoil in the politbüro of the Belorussian SSR. There's rumours of Stalinist forces remaining strong and you've started suspecting each other. The KGB has arrived to haul off any possible Stalinists. It's now your task to weed them out.

I doubt it would be used in a lite, but otherwise I agree fully.
I think the rule could do without the extra hunt, too. Balancing this is hard though. Maybe the extra hunt if there is a time limit on the guillotine - making sure there is at least a 2 hour gap between the guillotine and the deadline or something.

This is why the GM was responsible for setting a new deadline after the guillotine trigger, to prevent this type of games with it.

I think the rule could do without the extra hunt, too. Balancing this is hard though. Maybe the extra hunt if there is a time limit on the guillotine - making sure there is at least a 2 hour gap between the guillotine and the deadline or something.

This is why the GM was responsible for setting a new deadline after the guillotine trigger, to prevent this type of games with it.
New deadline would be problematic for people. In fact, Caillean herself would get problems if e.g. a 19:30 GMT deadline was changed to say 2:14 GMT due to the guillotine.
Not to mention that you could run it off while the village was sleeping.
Say you have mostly Europeans as baddies. Then run the guillotine while th Americans sleep. If the GM is European too then you can get through multiple days while the Americans sleep.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I’m back from my Werewolf break. Ready to join the next available game.

Can somebody direct me to the other forum game website? I can't remember for the life of me. I used to be active here nearly ten years ago. I'm glad this place is still going though it doesn't look close to how active it was back then.

Anyone working on a new game? Because there’s NO Werewolf going on here right now..

I know you're both 15 or whatever, but have some patience. The world isn't ending tomorrow*.

*Disclaimer: if the world does end tomorrow, no refunds.

I know you're both 15 or whatever, but have some patience. The world isn't ending tomorrow*.

*Disclaimer: if the world does end tomorrow, no refunds.
BuT hE sTaRtEd It

Gonna be putting up a new WW game soon (weekend, at the latest). Any roles or traits y'all want me to include/exclude?

Gonna be putting up a new WW game soon (weekend, at the latest). Any roles or traits y'all want me to include/exclude?
Make every single player a pathological liar.

• 1Haha
Reactions: