• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Priest version specifically stated it. Hence the question.
Well the way I saw it, seer explicitly said it detected unclaimed apprentices so that implies it doesn't detect claimed ones. Priest and Sorc said they detect apprentices in general so that means both, so I had to clarify that it doesn't differentiate between them.

In as Blorg, Son of Blorg

• 1Like
Reactions:
While we wait for sign-ups to fill, I thought I'd get the players' opinions on a new idea for pick point games that Happycats and I have been discussing.

Traditionally, the "leader" and "x in command" roles are excluded from PickPoint games because it wasn't known what to do if multiple people picked it. So I thought, how about this solution?

The leader will be a trait that you can choose and "pay what you want". The person who bids the most for it will be leader, the second-most will be second in command, etc. In the case of multiple people bidding the same amount their order will be determined randomly.

My main worries were: everyone wasting points to end up being 7th-in-command or whatever, or alternatively no one bidding much and someone buying leader for like 2 pick points. Happycats proposed we could maybe sort of fix this by including a minimum bid, or maybe creating only roles up to for example 3rd-in-command and refunding pick points to people who bid too low to get even that.

I'm not sure, ideas? Maybe we should drop the whole thing also, leader was always a potentially problematic trait, but it might be fun.

In!
And maybe leader could just be a tan done trait for someone, who gets less than a certain amount of points. So people don’t choose it, they get it randomly? Just a thought.
Thank you for the game!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Love the theme. In.

I see you are a sentient being of culture as well.
Also thought about Mercedes Romero, but that's been a while ;)

Regarding the Leader: I'd skip it. Never liked the vote manipulation traits very much (same goes for cloak of invisibility).
They tend to be either completely irrelevant or overpowered (last time the cloak was used was a mess, especially as liars claimed cloaks of their own).
Plotter (basically a secret snipe) and Alderman are fine in comparison.

• 2Like
Reactions:
In!
And maybe leader could just be a tan done trait for someone, who gets less than a certain amount of points. So people don’t choose it, they get it randomly? Just a thought.
Thank you for the game!
I could get behind this. People shafted in the pick point distribution get leader, something like that (granted, this may make it a bit much of a goodie tell).

But I simply wouldn't know a good price for it anyway.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Speaking of point distribution, how many points do players normally get?

I could get behind this. People shafted in the pick point distribution get leader, something like that (granted, this may make it a bit much of a goodie tell).

But I simply wouldn't know a good price for it anyway.

Good point about the goodie tell, that might be an issue.

Currently I'm leaning towards skipping the leader for now I guess.

Speaking of point distribution, how many points do players normally get?

Usually a range from 0 to 12-ish, with most people I'd say having 3-6 on the goodie side. On the baddie side it can vary much more, an important thing is that baddies that pick their points individually before knowing their pack (as in this game) will get more pickpoints than baddies that pick together as a pack (because that allows them to make much stronger plays with fewer points). Still, usually you'd have at least one person who can get the most expensive trait and at least one or two people with 2-ish points.

One time I made a sorcerer with 19 points. It was awesome.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Usually a range from 0 to 12-ish, with most people I'd say having 3-6 on the goodie side. On the baddie side it can vary much more, an important thing is that baddies that pick their points individually before knowing their pack (as in this game) will get more pickpoints than baddies that pick together as a pack (because that allows them to make much stronger plays with fewer points). Still, usually you'd have at least one person who can get the most expensive trait and at least one or two people with 2-ish points.

One time I made a sorcerer with 19 points. It was awesome.
nice. I’ll keep that in mind.

In as the God Emperor of Mankind.

Probably will have only limited time like last game, don't expect too much activity.

In as a sentient space spider

In. If I'm missing votes, ping me on discord for best results