• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
While we wait for sign-ups to fill, I thought I'd get the players' opinions on a new idea for pick point games that Happycats and I have been discussing.

Traditionally, the "leader" and "x in command" roles are excluded from PickPoint games because it wasn't known what to do if multiple people picked it. So I thought, how about this solution?

The leader will be a trait that you can choose and "pay what you want". The person who bids the most for it will be leader, the second-most will be second in command, etc. In the case of multiple people bidding the same amount their order will be determined randomly.

My main worries were: everyone wasting points to end up being 7th-in-command or whatever, or alternatively no one bidding much and someone buying leader for like 2 pick points. Happycats proposed we could maybe sort of fix this by including a minimum bid, or maybe creating only roles up to for example 3rd-in-command and refunding pick points to people who bid too low to get even that.

I'm not sure, ideas? Maybe we should drop the whole thing also, leader was always a potentially problematic trait, but it might be fun.
I like it.
And I defintely think thre should be a minimum bid, as my first thought upon reading it was: I'm gonna bid 1 point.

I don't think that you should limit it, thugh. Just have a minimum price and then allow as many as there's people bidding. So if 25 people bid the minimum or higher then there's a 25th in command.
I think allowing arbitrarily long in command chains could be fun, and as long as there's a minimum price then it can't be gamed, as getting it comes with a tradeoff.
Also won't have any goodie tells, as long as the minimum is the same for both baddies and goodies. Or at least is the same on a normalised scale.

In. If I'm missing votes, ping me on discord for best results
That'd be the fastest way to get my attention too.
Problem is that you wouldn't know who to ping.

If using GM's choice, please specify which GM you would like to choose for you :D

Yes, I am just now reading through the rules. I want players to know that if you let me choose for you I will use one of my created Stellaris empires as a guide and that it will probably be weird.

In other news, I started a new Stellaris game thinking I could use parts of it for updates and the start has been rough. Wish my space dwarves luck in the coming war against some rocks and their bird allies!

• 2Like
Reactions:
Yes, I am just now reading through the rules. I want players to know that if you let me choose for you I will use one of my created Stellaris empires as a guide and that it will probably be weird.

In other news, I started a new Stellaris game thinking I could use parts of it for updates and the start has been rough. Wish my space dwarves luck in the coming war against some rocks and their bird allies!
Godspeed flappy bois and co. Godspeed.

Not sure, I'm not in a rush though I don't know if Happycats is. Personally I'd like to get at least 30 people before starting

I'm not fussed to start at any particular time. The school I work at already had it's spring break, so my schedule doesn't really change from now until June.

In. If I'm missing votes, ping me on discord for best results
This is a good point; DMing me on Discord (I am on the Paradox Werewolf channel) is the best way to get in touch with me

There’s a Paradox Werewolf discord?

• 2Like
Reactions:
Thanks for the invite.

In as a race of highly sentient wombats

flamethrower-gif-2.gif

Ike’s a fanatical purifier!