• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Are video campaigns ok for nomination? I know it's writAAR, but...

Are video campaigns ok for nomination? I know it's writAAR, but...
Has there been an answer to the question? I would certainly leave it up to the moderators to decide if they so wish but if I had an answer I would say no as this nod is most certainly for writers. That is a different animal from players. I would have no problem with an LP of the week thread. And make no mistake, I am not one that wishes to ban them from the Earth. This forum has changed in many ways since this particular award was first given. Any and all are always welcome, I hope. There are different ways to tell a story, to be sure. I'm just not sure that this thread is the place to reward those that choose to record their games live without the process that goes into writing a lengthy written work.

That said, one of the reasons this particular award was first given was to always encourage more. More readers. More comments. More writing. More involvement. To reward those that were putting time into the forum and were seen as valued members of our little society here. To go back to the above, no matter how you wish to tell your story...it is valued! In that vein, I initially consider my answer to be yes to the question.

My two ducats, and all that. I have little issue no matter how it turns out...but it IS time for a new WoW. ;)

Has there been an answer to the question? I would certainly leave it up to the moderators to decide if they so wish but if I had an answer I would say no as this nod is most certainly for writers. That is a different animal from players. I would have no problem with an LP of the week thread. And make no mistake, I am not one that wishes to ban them from the Earth. This forum has changed in many ways since this particular award was first given. Any and all are always welcome, I hope. There are different ways to tell a story, to be sure. I'm just not sure that this thread is the place to reward those that choose to record their games live without the process that goes into writing a lengthy written work.

That said, one of the reasons this particular award was first given was to always encourage more. More readers. More comments. More writing. More involvement. To reward those that were putting time into the forum and were seen as valued members of our little society here. To go back to the above, no matter how you wish to tell your story...it is valued! In that vein, I initially consider my answer to be yes to the question.

My two ducats, and all that. I have little issue no matter how it turns out...but it IS time for a new WoW. ;)

Yeah, the moderators are discussing it. I have no problem nominating a written AAR if needed, I have a solid one in mind. ;)

Sorry everyone, important to remember that Qorten and I are on [nearly] opposite sides of the world so like the Ents it takes a long time for us to discuss anything in detail.

That said there was also trouble with the specific nomination, but I won't get into that. I believe Qorten has spoken with @johnmyster and everything is cleared up. I don't believe an LP is going to pick up the award this week.

We discussed a number of options, including a separate thread, but there never seemed to be enough "pros" to outweigh "cons". That might change in the future, but right now we don't think making a second thread will work (cf. AARtist and RoleplAAR).

So the arbitration is such:
- LPs are eligible for this award given that, like other AARs they are in good standing and their videos are EMBEDDED (not linked to)

Cheers, everyone.

Very many congratulations @Blust

Congratulations!

Congratulations, @Blust !

So @johnmyster , did you PM @Blust ? :) Since we haven't seen him around. He hasn't been online since April 4th anyway. I doubt we'll see him here today to hand over the awAARd...

So @johnmyster , did you PM @Blust ? :) Since we haven't seen him around. He hasn't been online since April 4th anyway. I doubt we'll see him here today to hand over the awAARd...

Ah sorry I didn't pm him — just tagged him with the @ thing in the post. I just PMed him now.

Since it will have been a week, I'll post another nomination tomorrow.