• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1444-1508: Loans, Loans, Corruption, and More Loans

johnmyster

First Lieutenant
38 Badges
Feb 26, 2017
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Magicka 2: Ice, Death and Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Magicka 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Magicka
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Hearts of Iron III
Everyone knows the Great Horde, right? Those dudes to the northeast of the Ottomans who usually get crushed by them, Russia, and/or neighboring tribes. Well, not in our case! (hopefully)

Imgur Albums

Ride forth, my warriors, and we shall show the world to fear our power and respect our rule — lest they face dire consequences for opposing our Great Horde.

V1.24 Japan, Normal, all expansions on. I've never played a horde before, so we might as well go for all of the horde achievements!

Achievements, aka Gettin' Paid :cool::
Gold Rush
Reform the Golden Horde before 1500. (done)

The Great Khan
As the Mongol Khanate or the Great Horde, own or have a subject own the Chinese, Russian and Persian regions.

Pyramid of Skulls
As a Steppe Horde, raze a province with at least 30 development.

Turning the Tide
Start as a Steppe Horde in 1444 and embrace all institutions.

I'll graze my horse here.. And here...
As a Horde, own over 200 provinces producing grain. (livestock also works)

Since I finally caved and bought the Star and Crescent DLC because I like Muslim nations,
Dar al-Islam
Unify Islam under your rule.

Pyramid of Skulls and Turning the Tide should be easy. Gold Rush puts us on a time crunch early on.

The Great Khan, I'll Graze my Horse, and Dar al-Islam will all require a huge empire with lots of resources. So, it should be a long but fun game. :)

Horde mechanics — Very interesting and different than monarchies. Powerful bonuses like +20% manpower and FL, faster troops, -10% AE, and an insane -50% troop reinforcement cost. Steppe Nomad government is not without drawbacks however, with -15% institution spread and starting without feudalism. Razing is an interesting mechanic that, along with Horde Unity, rewards constant expansion.

The Tribes, our lone estate, are also bittersweet — They are powerful allies with +15-20% manpower recovery, possibly -20% cavalry cost, and 5 free cavalry every few decades. However, Tribes lower local autonomy to 50% and demand 25% of your land, with the percentage only growing as our development increases. While manpower is plentiful, money may end up being a real problem. And if they're disloyal, uh... we're screwed. o_O -40% manpower recovery, horde unity malus, and razing province malus.

yWmbWpo.png

We open with vassalizing Ryazan and taking up willing tributary states to gain mostly free resources. Crimea allies Nogai and Kazan, and we take Crimea before the Ottomans get cozy with them. We ally Ajam and the powerful Ottomans. Finally, we start crippling Muscovy before they start getting insanely powerful, pulled into the war when we vassalize Ryazan. With limited resources and tactical blunders galore, we take loans and debase currency to fund our expansion.

(I try restarting a few times, but each time Crimea immediately allies the Ottomans, so we're back on the same debt-ridden run)

920yhcC.png

The Russians fight hard, but our mighty horde gains the upper hand.

htjBV2Y.png

Quite the debt. o_O Interest 50% of income.

tqjmf0U.png

We take all their provinces that we (or a subject) need to reform into the Golden Horde in one fell swoop. Though we could feed Ryazan, we don't want them getting too strong early on. And I sort of misunderstood the coring range mechanics, not fully realizing that:

1. You don't need claims as a horde.
2. You can core provinces neighboring your vassals. The fact that you can't do this in vanilla screwed my Ottoman WC at 99%... (I'm still a little iffy on coring range. I would take provinces in that WC that somehow weren't in my coring range so I sat on OE until I could declare again. Sooo excuse me if I'm a bit hesitant to give Ryazan provinces that may block my expansion)

joMDY44.png

Over 80k casualties on both sides.

6eKZ08b.png

Our new diplo map, with our ever-growing tributary states.

U2DtGKC.png

We head into Kazan, Uzbek, and OH GOD OUR INTEREST IS EATING ALMOST OUR WHOLE INCOME. :eek:
Our neighbors are pretty poor so there's not many ducats to loot. We're razing every province we get.

SNiqckr.png

We reform into the Golden Horde, granting us Empire status and some other goodies. I decide to take the new ideas over generic horde ones — While generic horde ideas are more militaristic, Golden Horde ideas are geared more towards creating a lasting state. This is something we might need, and the -10% maintenance bonus immediately helps our sad, sad economy.

cvhRfvH.png

Nogai is allied with Genoa, so we take the opportunity to take more of the Crimea region. Our corruption is now a whopping 24! At least it decreases unrest.:oops:

0dm8Jn6.png

We really need to take and develop that gold mine in eastern Muscovy (formerly Kazan) to stand any sort of chance of escaping our debt spiral. Novgorod is our tributary, so it looks like they'll be alive for a while this game.

qIGJt3x.png

Our war lasts quite a while, as we work to mostly just outlast Muscovy. We trek back and forth from killing our rebels (and from neighboring states), attacking Muscovy, and defending against them. We play hot potato with their capital.

2Al1RzF.png

After uhhhh at least 5-6 years we finally win and take most of the gains we wanted.

zgxtUOI.png

We don't want much more development at the moment, so we release and feed Perm.

QAWLOqX.png

Our new spheres of influence. Ottomans got hostile so we picked up Chagatai and AQ. Oirat and Chagatai are both Ming tributaries so our eastern expansion is blocked. Transoxiana has powerful allies Ajam and Delhi, Caucasia has our tributaries, and Lithuania is under Polands PU.

mD21Njb.png

Ryazan is a bit disloyal and their income is negligible so we turn them to a march. Muscovy can't handle their rebels so we gain one or two extra provinces for Perm.

5b25lhQ.png

Kazakh breaks from Uzbek and we take them as a tributary. Our second unintentional achievement! :cool:
Most tributaries are donating manpower, with some of the larger ones like Novgorod donating money.

FmlhhKt.png

Perm is turned to a march, but we mistakenly make the choice to enforce religion on them, boosting their Liberty Desire sky-high for decades to come.

Hx5LVGW.png

We take humanist for our first ideas. Religious Unity will slow corruption's growth, among other good Humanist Ideas.

zd1z0Vh.png

We've cancelled a few tributary states to make room for expansion. After annexing Shirvan, we ally QQ. Promising them land, we march into Ajam and their ally Transoxiana.

3h2rU5E.png

Teetering in and out of the edge of bankruptcy for years, we slightly alleviate the problem with money from our enemies. Transoxiana gives us a vassal to release for recoring, and Ajam extends our reach into Caucasia and Persia. Even QQ gets a province, only decreasing their trust by 7. Hopefully we can do this again sometime, bud. :cool:

Last edited:
Good luck with the run!

Looking forward to more of this. Always wanted to play the GH and try what you're endeavoring.

Good luck.
Cheers!

1509-1564: Rise of the Golden Horde
f2LZkVq.png

Reigning in the non-existant Ulema estate through this event a few times has helped with corruption. :cool:

GIPgfqz.png

Getting some more cash, this time from ol' Rostov. How these small nations save up so much cash, I'll never figure out. o_O

AseTcff.png

Original ruler and heir were crap, but now we're working with some good ones. :)

JlRqt77.png

More land for us and our marches.

gCzYfOP.png

What's this, a surplus?! o_O

Interest is less than half of our income now. :cool:

And that sad local autonomy map. :rolleyes:

mSH4RTE.png

Nine years later we take Aristocratic Ideas, which seem really good for a horde. First time taking them.

cjiUmaV.png

Another round against Ajam and Tranny, with QQ and the Timmy's on our side.

tDrZYyo.png

:eek::eek::eek:

Well, so much for that. We really to ally the Otto's again.

I think the Otto's are friendly toward Ajam.

GthkKkq.png

Hmmm, gettin our loans paid off! It's not too hard once all your income isn't being spent just on the interest. :oops:

c4RhAcH.png

Another go into Tranny and Jammy, this time with Tranny as the war target. We retake all Khiva's cores that the Timmy's aren't claiming.

tzIMitX.png

:eek::eek::eek: No loans! :eek::eek::eek:
We can start investing in a couple of Temples and start rooting out that pesky corruption.
And, we're annexing Khiva.

tHHJPFx.png

12 tributary states! We've annexed Khiva, and traded in QQ for the Otto's as allies. AQ and Otto's have been allied the whole game so there's a bit of a buffer there.

KSJDThX.png

We raze Tabriz after taking it from QQ and get Pyramid of Skulls. :cool:

Cv2aJvQ.png

More bites into Muscovy, and our corruption is down to 20! Also, Sunni Perm is finally loyal again.

Zj7tz2G.png

Annnd back into Tranny and Jammy. This time, the Otto's fight the entire war for help us.

eAR0kEF.png

Now that we've finally gotten Colonialism, we can catch up on tech a bit, balance out our research, and make our vassals like us more (diplo tech penalty). We have the +50% (true faith) institution spread Splendor. We started to get cozy with Lithuania for the friendly neighbor bonus, but then Commonblob formed and Poland>CW is our rival.

I guess without Muscovy killing everything Commonblob can still form in this version.

z8ggUj0.png

MIL points are the only ones we can spare so we take another military idea, defensive. It might seem weird for a horde, but those +15% morale and -10% maintenance bonuses (among other things) will be divine. ;)

We're quickly reaching the point where we can almost do anything we want in our areas and are quickly snowballing. The -25% coring cost from our national ideas makes razing provinces and coring them almost break even, and sometimes even profit. I'd like to pick up admin ideas eventually, that total -50% coring cost along with razing will be absolutely insane. :eek::eek::eek: :) ;)

Last edited:
Always nice to see the Horde go Hording in style, as it were.

1569-1616: World Power
Always nice to see the Horde go Hording in style, as it were.

:D

aCIsMr4.png

:eek::eek: Girl, you got dat siege tho. :eek::eek:

tAiZYeA.png

Victory again LO and Kalmar Union.

Pj6zCl0.png

(20 years later) After more wars, expansions, blah blah blah, we start eating AQ.

0pZfHbx.png

More of Jammy.

mDoc4yi.png

Big war against Delhi and friends as the Horde makes its first steps into rich India. Ottos and Chaggy help us.

KY5WG2A.png

War map :cool:

4j7YFzw.png

Our God 5/5/5/5 general has been smashing things for us for decades.

jdZzrkW.png

GH troops are absolutely devastating against their enemies, claiming victories with over 2:1 numbers against them.

tPuaPsZ.png

With our God general, Darwish Ali Shria Gan, our 32k troops easily secure victory over Malwa's 46k in the Battle of Lahore.

H4TD27t.png

Papal States excommunicated. :D
And those Swiss got frisky into Austria. :eek: Gotta love this new aggressive AI.

Th2zE3g.png

The Golden Horde, 1610.

77xHkHu.png

Jammy's all spotted now. Also, our vassal Multan (light blue) broke from separatists. :(

dnu12r5.png

:( Maybe we'll post a guard here.

44OqkOl.png

Except for admin, we're all caught up on tech. With our ideas, we're getting a whopping 38% discount every time for mil tech. Excess points are going into developing manpower in Tribal lands and production in non-tribal lands.

77fg3jN.png

Full Aristocratic and Defensive, with Humanist almost completed. We've got Admin's -25% for a total of -50% coring cost.

Ottomans annexed their vassal Fars, giving us a direct land border to them. We make sure not to take any land they deem vital interest... but they're sure to want something from us eventually. We don't want to upset our giant ally just yet.'

ghBxSoS.png

With war reparations, we're now almost up to 60 ducats a month. :cool:
Don't know how that 49% inflation got there though. ;) LOANS and gold

AJlREvS.png

Our army is among the world's greatest, even at half our force limit.

Inflation is just a way of keeping score ... right? :D

Inflation is just a way of keeping score ... right? :D

Pretty much, I'm hoping to spend a thousand ducats to buy a single infantry under the force limit someday. ;)

1630-1679: More India and Cleaning Up Persia
vuubOgD.png

We reign victorious over Jaunpur and Bahmanis in a blood conflict.

WuPYGVg.png

15 years later, we finish giving Bahmanis its own whipping, carving a zigzag shape through their land. :cool:

Not just for fun, that's where the forts were. :p

zygfi3Y.png

We are the #1 Great Power!

laJpG3W.png

14 years later — after teasing it for a while — The Ottomans finally betray the Golden Horde and break our alliance. A massive mistake, Turks... a massive mistake. :cool:

We've started annexing Multan.

HuOT5uz.png

Hmmm its time to take a look at our scouts' latest reports. Once the Ottos and us rival each other, the top powers Ming, Ottomans, Golden Horde, and Spain (PU over Commonwealth) will all be rivaling each other, except Ming and Spain are neutral. Ming and Portugal will ally. Spain, France, and England have some rivalries with each other, with emperor Brandenburg (our ally) and Austria thrown in the mix, though France and Spain are neutral.

With the Ottomans closing in to the 50 aggressive expansion mark, we're actually strangely cornered a bit in terms of expansion.

8a6tJ9G.png

...Yup.

CiCmFCH.png

With truces and high Sunni AE for Ottos, our only option seems to be Denmark. We ally Ava before declaring, since our ally/Defender of Catholic Faith/HRE Emperor Brandenburg will defend Denmark, and we don't want the Ottos getting feisty just yet.

The majority of the enemy troops are Brandenburg's. In terms of individual troop power, it goes Brandenburg (BB) > GH > Scandinavia.

v8XPyIW.png

They are no match for the Horde! :mad:

8ZkLCK9.png

We march straight though the Commonwealth to siege BB and get him out of the war as soon as we can. We leave some defensive troops near the Swedish/GH/Ryazan border but after a bit the enemy pushes through.

In a short time time, though, BB is all sieged up so we peace him out for a few ducats.

0Njg0mm.png

We claim our land and take some money. :D

Mb7bEt5.png

BB pushed us around a bit, but he didn't defend his own land much. GG BB, GG.

nflBItK.png

So, the Horde is pretty rich with a fat trade income. Generally in my games my income goes Taxes > Production > Trade but in this game its the opposite. Trade is so much better with Common Sense because everyone's developing their provinces and boosting that trade value. You may have noticed by our extra merchant that we've made the India Trade Company decision and picked up Trade Ideas. First time trying Trade Ideas for me, I believe.

Multan, Golkonda, and Delhi are all Horde vassals. We're still keeping good ol' Ryazan around too as a march.

ybY1di4.png

We eat more of Bahmanis.

8koIiPv.png

Chagatai keeps allying the Sunni's to their west and south, so we've eaten them a bit over a couple of wars. We get that nice gold mine in Kuqa... but more importantly, we gain a border with Ming.

QfIpXkk.png

I haven't interacted much with Ming since Mandate of Heaven, where she went from the typical Mingplosion to some kind of Goddess. But I suppose bordering Ming as a non-tributary is how taking her down is supposed to work. Since we're massive, we're now decreasing their mandate at a healthy rate. Hopefully they won't just declare on us with their massive army... we'll need to get their mandate down since they not only have a large army but over 140,000 ducats in their treasury. o_O

lCZG2YE.png

We could potentially 1v1 Ming or the Ottos, but we'd have to play it real smart to win vs. their numbers. We've spammed some +Force Limit buildings now that our economy can handle it and we can start competing.

4wDI548.png

:eek::eek::eek: Annnd the Ottos are now supporting Delhi's independence. Golkanda happened to be a bit over 50% liberty desire so they shot right up to 100% (if they're disloyal it'll calculate independence supporter's into their power. Ottos > GH, so up to 100 LD goes).

ZSxYD7n.png

Since we don't want to go to war with both Ottos and our own vassals, we prepare to start our own war with the Turks. It's time for our first real challenge in over a century...

Last edited:
1679-1688: The Great Ottoman-Golden Horde War
zQx8fZB.png

Hmmmm maybe this wasn't such a good idea? :oops:

We've built up a navy for the first time that may be able to compete in the open seas. We've also been spamming decrease autonomy and picking the absolute government splendor to get our absolutism to about 20-30.

9WYuQFa.png

Time to get fancy and pick up a policy for -25% land attrition and +5% army morale recovery. We'll need every advantage we can get if the horde is to win this.

Our goal for this war is to break the Otto's as much as we can and finally take a chain of provinces to Constantinople. We need that city as well as several others in order to unity Islam, and the Turks are blocking our way to Iberia, North Africa, and southern Italy which all contain provinces we need too.

FryBzke.png

We pick up our third mil idea, offensive. I was hoping to get influence, as we might be stuck annexing Multan and future vassals for a bit, but Trade isn't even complete yet and we're low on diplo points. Better military is always good vs. the mighty Otto's numbers and discipline though.

glYuCnv.png

We claim victory in the first major battle against the Turks at the great Battle of Qazaniya.

8zzOUFA.png

Our spirits are crushed at the Battle of Arbil.

5K73wvk.png

The Turks have a massive war chest and income to sustain them through this war. :eek:

UmoHrk2.png

Multan nooooo. :eek:

He actually ends up not engaging the Turks as they were set to move away.

alkVLIa.png

Attrition: the reason we may be able to win this war. We don't even have to fight them, and they'll lose 4500 troops in this stack this month.

SJUOZIS.png

Aaaaaand we face another defeat at the Battle of Hoveyzeh. Time to speed one / pause the rest of the war. Things are gettin' intense. :cool:

Wdje4Zz.png

Gettin' that Otto manpower down...

cWrvx1B.png

Looks like a win for our navy! We also invade Horn of Africa / Egypt to try to occupy some free Otto provinces.

Dbmxr6v.png

We keep to the mountains for safety and make raids when there's an opening. :cool:

dxFMhl9.png

Our warriors fight hard to secure our first fort.

c6yHdNy.png

:)

Z43dg8Z.png

The Turks got some weird priorities as they let us continue sieging Egypt and Eastern Anatolia.

TKVhXbr.png

I knew open terrain was good for our cav but I kiiiinda forgot about the flat land bonus and penalty until now. So I guess defending on a mountain or charging into open terrain is a workable strat.

vf23vdN.png

Time to flee West Africa and start the long voyage around the continent to make sure we can cross into Constantinople safely. Our buddy England helps us with supplies.

1ulVm5v.png

Aaaaand it looks like we don't have to wait for the navy after all, as the Turks and Tunisians just let us waltz across the Sea of Marmara and into the capital.

dv0e75T.png

Alright, Turks are out of manpower! :D
Hopefully we can strain their economy and/or make it tempting for Austria or someone to stake their own Otto invasion.

l3ziZot.png

After only 125 days (lvl 3 fort lol), the City of the World's Desire is now under Golden Horde occupation!

abinNSa.png

Now that they're out of manpower, it's time to get their numbers down...

BevY0Vz.png

We peace out Tunis for a token amount of cash and alliance annulment.

6ju2eUU.png

There are many Battles of Aleppo. In this one, we claim a clean victory with the use of forced march into a leader-less army.

fiWNmGo.png

The Turks now have 1/4 their starting income, a bit smaller treasury, and some mercs.

CYhoJQX.png

Apparently of nomadic awesomeness triggered an event that will hurt Ming even faster.

ew0Z4Y0.png

It takes quite a while since the Ottos have great stability, anti-unrest stuff, Defender of Faith war exhaustion negation, and lots of land to take before war exhaustion starts ticking up — but we've finally spawned some fat stacks of rebels.

We started getting a call to peace at only like 67% war score, but since the rebels are here (and we've done as much damage as we can without hurting ourselves too much — nevermind our poor occupied Indian vassals :oops:), it's time to peace out.

YO2ozcq.png

We take our nice strip to Constantinople, plus Alexandria. :)

Z7FfmxA.png

We were over half way to that 1M casualty in a single war achievement.

IY0mxuv.png

What's this? Yep, Otto's are guaranteeing Hormuz so its time for more Otto-bashing while they're still at their most vulnerable. Next time! :cool:

And uhhh somehow annexing Multan immediately jumped 14%. It was paused while their capital was occupied, but was it still somehow ticking? o_O

Ahh, bashing the Ottomans never gets old.

1688-1701: Ottos and Exiles — Rulers, Stackwipes, Strategery, and Mingulars!
Ahh, bashing the Ottomans never gets old.

I know, right? And with this new aggressive AI they're insane. o_O But I enjoy it, makes the game a bit harder.

Z4Qo9Fb.png

Another round against the Ottos, this time with Hormuz as war leader and Bahmanis thrown in the mix.

0ozS4jB.png

Armies everywhere like little ants! And still exiles from the last war.

"Pardon me, sir but I'm exiled. Please don't shoot me until I run back to my country."

RfCd00F.png

Pretender rebels, but dannnng look at that nice ruler!

Q5zpXW4.png

zjMuEms.png

Stackwipe at the battle of Denizli! Seriously, I never really thought the AI was that dumb until facing the Ottomans in this game. Or maybe I'm just getting better.

61W81Mh.png

(stackwipe) :oops::rolleyes:

aVqk9Fi.png

Yeeeeeah Ottos got rebels everywhere! :)

1SsxJlW.png

We didn't really want to spend diplo/double aggressive exp for provinces, just wanted to mess with the Ottos. So, we peace out for money and a land border with Tunis.

oQQDbBv.png

Hormuz, on the other hand, we might as well take some land from. Plus cash and treaty annulment. (wasn't aware you could demand the revokee to revoke a guarantee)

Rf2XLIM.png

And thanks to our mission, our core on 35 dev Muscat is free. No razing it though. :(

AZSjRn3.png

And we're makin' some progress on uniting Islam! Just need Thatta (India), Cordoba (Iberia), Mecca/Medina/Aden (Arabia), Messina/Palermo (Sicily), Damascus (Syria), and Ifni (Morocco).

TyFbuLh.png

Now's as good a time as any to make our way over to Iberia, so we take a nice foothold in north Africa from Tunis, plus Messina and Palermo.

jPAas1c.png

And its time to war Portugal for Ifni (tiny province in far west Morocco)! France and The Papal State are chickens, but Ming (!) will honor their alliance.

oJHhAg7.png

A fairly even fight, but we got strategery!

sdFpDGz.png

A small coalition has formed, so I declare on 'em before things get out of hand (like the Ottos joining when their truce is up :eek:).

EwpMaCp.png

We lose this first battle against Ming because we're outnumbered like 2:5, but daaaaang look at their casualties! +50% fire and shock damage received for having 0 mandate.

1jvug2P.png

BS712Bs.png

Global war!

Ts153Pq.png

The Brit Mingish are coming, the Mingish are coming!

(O

r, to be more historically accurate, "The regulars Mingulars are coming out.")

TcB7w5x.png

1701-1717: Portugal, AI, Ming, and Persia
QlgPGQc.png

There we go, that's more like it. :)

FRuJs3f.png

It's pretty sad when a nomadic tribe is beating the Portugals Portuguese at sea.

YWRV8Qm.png

(5 years later) As we cross Burma, we start sieging southern Ming, then move on to the forts.

WjQFFcN.png

We take what we think we need from Portugal, and lots Ming since they're a co-belligerent.

Pf9wphM.png

Pew pew. What starts as a sliver in Ming will soon grow into a gaping wound as the Horde rides east!

oZf5zHB.png

As we take yet another crack at Ottomans, we receive a call to arms from our buddies back in England. Sorry guys, you were sometimes helpful against Portugal but I'm kinda busy right now... :oops:

IHCanwp.png

"Anatolia, both east and west are fire ablaze, as we ride against our fellow Sunnis, the Turks.

PS: And damn, look at that 118k stack."

- Shaikh Haider, Mishar Poet, circa 1709 AD

eztixDE.png

Mecklenburg, what have you done!? :eek:

FwJJgi7.png

We take Damascus plus the three provinces in Arabia we need to unify Islam.

Ps6PIYz.png

Yup.

zS7zwKR.png

Uhhhh might as well corrupt officials in Spain since we can, and I guess we got the achievement too!

Oh, and we take Tunis as a tributary.

axB4S4a.png

War against Spain / Portugal / Brabant / Commonwealth / Alaska / California / Some other dudes! We need that Cordoba from Spain.

6hkFIni.png

iBkfvD6.png

While a small force lands in Spain, our main forces ravage through the Commonwealth and straight to the wargoal, Warsaw.

sE2MZJJ.png

We were able to intercept Portugal in the mountains and become the defender...

Y6z6Wur.png

With the Spanish / Commonwealth / whatever war wrapped up, we fight Sind, their allies Mahra and Ottos, plus the coalition against us.

kuZnt5e.png

Ottos are fighting on two fronts, so that's cool for us. :cool:

yqSLZju.png

Battles also rage in Arabia and all over India!

c68uif3.png

I thought, "Ooh what luck, I was able to trap half their army on an island!"

... But, apparently you can't do that to the AI anymore. :oops:

VfqZvaA.png

From west to east: Our navy hangs in the Aegean Sea, while our armies hop back over from the Balkans to Anatolia to help defend our wargoal. The Ottos attempt to retake Aleppo and the surrounding area and Delhi, uhhhh hangs out with a 7 stack.

We also seige that bit of Otto and Hormuz land left in Persia, while our ol' reliable Perm Ryazan sieges what's left of Hormuz after the Ottos take a bite of before guaranteeing.

C852md3.png

And with that, we take our spoils: The remaining land in the official Persia™ region we need for The Great Khan achievement, Thatta, and uhhh some other province we wanted Kutch.

hJeGemo.png

Now we just to take the Xinan and China regions. Three provinces in Ural we have to colonize, but we can do that last.

1717-1739: Ming, Ming, and more Ming
0vxIJ7D.png

Hey, look at this graph trade! As you can see, we've moved our trading city from our capital in Terek to Persia. This will actually be our high point in income for a while as other people steal our trade or something.

XHPWt9G.png

We fight Ava and their almighty overlord Ming, to make a southern land route straight to China.

YhXjVyY.png

So many occupations, such wow!

wveQKTn.png

We make a client state, who we name Burma, to alleviate some of the administrative burden in the region.

yNSFHVc.png

We break our first truce and march back into Ming, who's allied with Bahmanis. We fight Bahmanis a lot but we never bother to fully annex them.

qxTqkk4.png

More land for the Horde!

p9hrLnF.png

Our second client state, Chengdu, is created.

m4hmGfl.png

Our golden empire, 1728.

AbQ1MJo.png

Turning the Tide. It's also nice to see institutions pop up more in Asia now instead of just being a European lovefest.

pWXCATY.png

And just five years after our last peace treaty, we claim more land from Ming.

xEDQxn9.png

We forgot to take Taiwan from Portugal in our last war, so its back into Iberia for the horde.

Another Portuguese stackwipe at the battle of Toledo.

MQs9qna.png

WOW, IMPROVED FORCE MARCH IS INSANE :eek:

khW2E6C.png

Ottos lose to Commonwealth. :D

5ozKl30.png

We take Taiwan and some land to graze our horses.

OgXTK9a.png

The Golden Horde, 1738. Tunis, Mecklenburg, and Oirat are our tributaries.

mVawfJe.png

Little ants crawling all around China!

8u8FpPm.png

Moooore! Mooooore! :eek:

1739-1785: I'll Graze my Horse, and The Great Khan
XkbI62b.png

Oh, what the hay, (see what I did there, anyone? ....anyone? :oops:) PLC has lots of land to graze our horses so we might as well bash em with BB.

VCbuIUo.png

As we've been raising our absolutism at any chance, the Aspiration for Liberty disaster starts ticking. At first we attempt to lower autonomy but it looks like the disaster is almost inevitable unless we go under 25 autonomy so we just tank it...

VCbuIUo.png

Not the best timing, since we planned to be at peace when this happened, but we'll deal. :cool:

xQ2Yz2a.png

n1UokbQ.png

War war war.

IlIS4MG.png

:eek::eek::eek:

IlyDQ6M.png

Alright, disaster averted! I swear, one of these days, I'm going to try to trigger and get through like every disaster I can. Is that something you'd want to see?

EC2Gz5q.png

We get.... Kursk. Well, at least it's something. ;)

vQaJCNP.png

More Ming, and unrestricted coring distance, YES.

sb1uvQM.png

Uhhhh, bug? At least we're at a point where we don't really need the points.

(I later found out razing monarch points decrease through the whole game by about 4% after MIL tech 8. And here I am just noticing, thinking "man, 2 points for development razed? Maybe razing isn't that great..." :p)

Well, at least it saying nothing for the description why is a display bug.

8UGxCAn.png

Those bastards in Bahmanis managed to declare a coalition war on us! Eh, it's more of an annoyance at this point than anything...

soGRWqn.png

War errrrwhere, such wow.

bQnPsLd.png

Don't really need any provinces, so some cash will do.

rlzB78f.png

Back into the PLC for some real horse grazing land this time!

Just now discovering the usefulness of army templates... anything that can minimize micromanagement in the late game is welcomed.

Sg1MiOD.png

Horse graaaaaaaaaaaazin' land.

9QDwM00.png

It took forever but someone is finally challenging Ming for the Mandate of Heaven. I would, but I'm not an Eastern religion.

Tahkn8l.png

Four for trade! Another unintentional achievement. :cool:

sb1uvQM.png

Into Japan for The Rising Sun! Our capital technically starts in Europe, right?

Haha, ahhhhhhhh, the formula really does carry us into the negatives for razing. Still worth it though to save on coring costs.

PysXcCm.png

GRAZIN' MA HORSE

W2jnM8i.png

I just now noticed that force marching armies can't recover morale... man, am I pitiful. :oops:

48lpxS9.png

We take Exploration ideas, colonize the rest of Ural, and get THE GREAT KHAN.

Stay tuned, and we'll get Unify Islam and maybe get that convert five provinces in Malacca achievement!

Last edited:
So pretty...

Ome of the great tgings about PDS games is how one is pretty much always learning.

So pretty...

One of the great things about PDX games is how one is pretty much always learning.

Yeah, the Gold, Blue, and Crimson in China really look cool together.

And indeed, there's an insane amount of depth!

83YIYlF.png

This navy can take it all!

VqznfwD.png

The Rising Sun!

OOpjUTZ.png

Hard to tell the difference between Golden Horde, Spain, and Paggy... :rolleyes:

dM5MCAr.png

Though we took Religious Ideas, we still had to go through the tedious process of giving dozens of provinces away so all of our tag is Islam so we can unite. Dar al-Islam!

Wtf does Dar al-Islam mean?

"Dar al-Islam (Arabic: دار الإسلام‎ literally house/abode of Islam; or Dar as-Salam, house/abode of Peace; or Dar al-Tawhid, house/abode of monotheism) is a term used by Muslim scholars to refer to those countries where Muslims can practice their religion as the ruling sect."

- Wikipedia

LrrkWZ5.png

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!

8UQICJ9.png

City of Cities

------------------------------

Annnnd with that, our Golden Horde run is complete! Thanks for joining me, as always, and I'll likely do another AAR so I'll see you next time! Have an amaaaaaaazing day. :);)

Fun run.

It's over already! :eek: It was a fun run, indeed. :)