• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I must say it is quite interesting that a puppet state can get split between loyalists and independence movement - one of many things in vic 3 afaik without precedent in previous paradox titles
While this is interesting, and loyalists' representation during colony independence wars was surely lacking in PDS games, I wonder what mechanism decides which side gets which states. I'm not at all sure that it's the realistic idea to be dividing the people by territory, instead of giving the former overlord massive intelligence bonuses scaled with its support (and if its support is more than 80%, independence uprising should just not start).

Reactions:
I'm not at all sure that it's the realistic idea to be dividing the people by territory
so how should they be depicted?

I guess he means the entire subject flips to rebellious?

I think this seems a bit better as the overlord surely has some kind of garrison force stationed there that the rebels would have to overcome.
Sweden did not have that in our union.

Reactions:
so how should they be depicted?
To be honest, I don't know.
I proposed a system where every state will go to the rebels, but with logistic, intel and even combat bonuses for the overlord if its support among colony population is strong.
But I don't really like my own proposal, it's clumsy. Also I don't think colonial pops can be interested or uninterested in the politics of the overlord, nor can they support or dislike their dependent status (which is a big shame as it stems from pops not really caring about foreign policy, which is really distorting to the simulation).

Do you have an idea in mind?

Quick reply to the replies to my previous post :

Bruxelles, is a Walloon city. I never hear any Flemish on the street in that city.

For the time period VIctoria 3 represents, it is a bilingual city, and even further back it was a predominantly Flemish city.
Haxorus is correct.

Historically it's Flemish, by the start time of Vicky it's some mixture of Flemish and French, and today it's a mixture of like a hundred cultures (with a plurality French-speaking people from different cultures). I'd never call it Walloon, though.

Quick reply to the replies to my previous post :

Haxorus is correct.

Historically it's Flemish, by the start time of Vicky it's some mixture of Flemish and French, and today it's a mixture of like a hundred cultures (with a plurality French-speaking people from different cultures). I'd never call it Walloon, though.
let's not derail the thread

Reactions:
Is twitter teasers resuming this week?

Is twitter teasers resuming this week?
Wiz said last week that there wouldn't be a teaser from him this week either. Probably because of the Easter holiday.

Reactions:
Wiz said last week that there wouldn't be a teaser from him this week either. Probably because of the Easter holiday.
Thanks. Out of curiosity, where did he say this? His latest tweets said no tweets the two weeks gone, but nothing about this week. Well, I guess we'll have a tweet from the official twitter in 6 min.

Apr. 20 - JOHN BROWN MOMENT
FQytpYDXwAA2Fw2.jpg

Kansas is bleeding! If a compromise is not reached soon, this has the chance of spiraling out of control - or maybe even war.

• 7Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
A little weird that cities are so far off from the river, but I guess they'll fix it in post. Also I liked the name of the thread mark.

Thanks. Out of curiosity, where did he say this? His latest tweets said no tweets the two weeks gone, but nothing about this week. Well, I guess we'll have a tweet from the official twitter in 6 min.
Actually, my bad. I was looking at the tweet from the 5th and thought it was posted a week later. I think it's still mainly because of the Easter holiday combined with the AAR being last week. Probably just didn't have time to get a teaser ready for this week.

Apr. 26 - We are going to Brazil
  • 5Like
  • 4Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions: