• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I mostly hope that revolutions become more unpredictable or harder to stop. Right now only movements to preserve against really unpopular laws are dangerous, and you can easily stop them by just aborting that law.

I've never had a civil war that I didn't actively try to trigger.
I've had it happen a few times. If your society is very polarized and have two active movements that you can't both appease on the short term

I hope they don't make a German flavor pack anytime soon. The first pack is bound to be the weakest in the long run, so I hope it's something like "Finland flavor pack".
I'm pretty sure the American Dream flavour pack for EU4 does not have a single tangible effect left in the game.

• 9Haha
Reactions:
Apr. 12 - Land Reform
FtgkePIWcAEfz26.png

Turns out the Landowners aren't eager to have their Tenant Farmers taken away from them! Learn more about the new laws in 1.3, in tomorrow's Developer Diary!

• 10Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
Another new law. Lovely!

• 1Like
Reactions:
This is nice.
Although I can't wait to see proper ownership (where aristocrats would just take the profits without having to "work" in the agriculture) instead of artificial political strength adjustments.
In the meantime (because untying the owners from the industries is a gigantic task) tailoring the PMs to redistribute less profits to peasants/farmers and more to aristocrats would do.

• 9Like
Reactions:
This is nice.
Although I can't wait to see proper ownership (where aristocrats would just take the profits without having to "work" in the agriculture) instead of artificial political strength adjustments.
In the meantime (because untying the owners from the industries is a gigantic task) tailoring the PMs to redistribute less profits to peasants/farmers and more to aristocrats would do.
As the first law in the list is more than likely serfdom, the listed PM that 'unlocks' and 'disables' could likely be those pertaining to serfdom and not new PMs.

I agree removing 'working at' from 'owning' let alone 'living near' is going to be a big (though I feel necessary) change. I can already imagine the confusing UX and PoP bloat from this.

If we assume that 'owning' pops don't also 'work', or if they do it is only at the place they own, then we can reuse the 'works at building' and 'works in state' PoP attributes as 'owns building' and 'owns in state' using some sort of flag attribute (Work, Own, Both). For example, we would go from "English Protestant Aristocrats working at Cotton Plantations in Gujarat" to "English Protestant Aristocrats owning Cotton Plantations in Gujarat". This only gets you where owners don't have to 'work' at the building but still need to live at the building. To remove that limit we need another location attribute. This gets us to "English Protestant Aristocrats living in Home Counties and owning Cotton Plantations in Gujarat". (Assuming for the moment the the EIC and Great Britain are the same thing or at least once we get to the point of foreign investment.)

• 3Like
Reactions:
As the first law in the list is more than likely serfdom, the listed PM that 'unlocks' and 'disables' could likely be those pertaining to serfdom and not new PMs.
Might be true, might be not. It wouldn't hurt to add another farm/plantation ownership PM.

Yeah, with how the wealth of ownership class affects clout, I don't really like the idea of artificial percentage modifiers to it on top. Like it can make sense, if the law really can't be well represented, but I don't feel that's it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yeah, with how the wealth of ownership class affects clout, I don't really like the idea of artificial percentage modifiers to it on top. Like it can make sense, if the law really can't be well represented, but I don't feel that's it.
"Clout" isn't a real thing, it's just a vague approximation of how powerful certain groups / factions / ideologies are within government at a given time. I have no problem with representing things such as increased prestige of various social groups, or corruption within the government favouring certain types, etc. via "artificial" modifiers.

Reactions:
It's about institutional power on top of wealth. You can have wealthy capitalists trying to make themselves heard but if your entire country's politics go through a feudal structure then the aristocrats have disproportionate power. And so on.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Apr. 25 - 1.3 Stream tomorrow at 14:30 CEST!
Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: