• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I wish more people were voting restore imperial glory just so we can see Martin play a different style than his other AARs.
This. We have not seen truly aggressive play yet. Well, Papacy, Lübeck and that other little country were kinda aggressive plays, but their wars were against rather small nations. With Ottomans I hope to see clashes with majors.

Reactions:
how goes the poll so far?
It is too close to call. Currently "Modernize and industrialize" is leading by about 1% of the vote, which I find kind of odd since that is exactly what every other AAR has been about, so I had assumed people would be hungry for some warmongering.

Reactions:
It is too close to call. Currently "Modernize and industrialize" is leading by about 1% of the vote, which I find kind of odd since that is exactly what every other AAR has been about, so I had assumed people would be hungry for some warmongering.
Warmongering aside, I'm also curious to see a different playstyle to see the viability of not speedrunning human rights to farm immigration and SoL. Though, that would have been more informative if the Ottomans didn't win. It sounds like the more difficult playstyle, but with the Sick man of Europe crisis, where backwardsness is a big part of the issue, it sounds a lot like a challenge run. Interesting post-release, but right now people might be more interested the core mechanics at play in fairly representative situations.

That being said, with modernize and industrialize winning, and thereby not the one about explicitly forming a multi-ethnic republic, maybe we'll see some ethnic tensions (which would play nicely into next weeks DD) that we haven't seen in the other AARs.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I want a restored empire. Glory to Osman's heirs!

• 4Like
Reactions:
I wonder if a lot of the twitter voters just don't know there were other AARs. The non-glory options are both interesting in a vacuum, but not so much when those are playstyles we've already seen.

• 5Like
Reactions:
I wonder if a lot of the twitter voters just don't know there were other AARs. The non-glory options are both interesting in a vacuum, but not so much when those are playstyles we've already seen.
It's really annoying. I REALLY want to see if you can maintain a great power keeping the traditional institutions and power balances and with a more agricultural-industrial economy.

• 6Like
Reactions:
Future Martin: "Seeing how Industrialize and Multi-ethnic got an overwhelming 65% of combined votes, I will do a playthrough mixing both of those styles."
How it feels to have a Liberal-Anarcholiberal coalition beat your reactionary state capitalism party at elections.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I voted the “Restore Imperial Glory” option, I really want to see how an economically poor but militarily strong expansionist power behaves in the game.

The other 2 options seem too similar to what we have already seen in previous AAR.

• 4Like
Reactions:
No Twitter teaser today it looks like. Not too surprising considering we didnt get one last week either, but I was hoping we might get an image of the Ottoman starting position since the AAR will be on Thursday.

No Twitter teaser today it looks like. Not too surprising considering we didnt get one last week either, but I was hoping we might get an image of the Ottoman starting position since the AAR will be on Thursday.
In same tweet with first poll it was said no twitter teaser today. Not a big deal. On Thursday we get an awfully tasty aar and an interesting dev diary!

• 6Like
Reactions:
Apr. 13 - Rev. Norway
FQOx-Y8XMAAsxpe.jpg

Chafing under foreign rule, the population of southern Norway started an uprising for independence. With time running out for a diplomatic solution, both sides begin to call up reserves.

• 9Like
Reactions:
I must say it is quite interesting that a puppet state can get split between loyalists and independence movement - one of many things in vic 3 afaik without precedent in previous paradox titles

• 15Like
Reactions:
Wait, are you saying that it is wrong for France have a French culture and Germany have a German culture and they should all be European? Because if there’s one thing that clearly defines a culture is the concept of nationalism. I can see Belgium having 2/3 cultures because it’s a country that has 3 different languages spoken in it, same for the Switzerland. Now, if you are arguing that, say, Italy should have a single Italian culture instead of, say, Sicilians, Romans and Alpine-Italians or what have you. I agree, they should have a single culture. Because, in my humble opinion, for the stuff this game needs, culture should be only based on language and the sense of national identity. (If paradox would even track melting pot and create hybrid cultures of immigrants, that would be neat but I see it more like a “could have” feature than a “must have”.)
Italians having a northern and southern culture is non-negotiable, these identities are still a big issue today and into the 60s and 70s intra-Italian immigration from the south to the north resulted in what can only reasonably be described as racism.

• 4Like
Reactions: