The Obligatory Stellaris Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
DAYM that would have been an insane story! But I am fanatic materialist this game and already integrated this shame
If you had ethics divergence, it might have been possible to engineer a situation where you had Spiritualist pops with a climate preference for the vassal's worlds, and that tragically were unemployed* and lacked housing**, at which point this lump of excess population was expelled*** and ended up seeking refuge on those robot worlds. With no other sentient pops, a single Spiritualist pop should make the Traditionalist faction reach 100 % support**** and make the AI inclined to change ethics.

* Since Workers are usually less happy, and unhappy pops are more divergent, chances are that the Spiritualists would pop up in the Worker stratum. Especially if there were unemployed pops. Otherwise, the corresponding Worker job could just have the slots reduced until the Spiritualist pop goes unemployed.

** By disabling or destroying buildings/districts that increase locally available Housing.

*** I am actually not sure how the game determines which pops are considered "excess population". In my opinion it should be unemployed pops, but I can't rule out the possibility that it is just a random pick. In the latter case, this technique might be too unpredictable unless you relocate non-Spiritualist pops to other worlds before the expulsion. (Does anyone know how the excess expulsion mechanics actually work?)

**** A minimum number of supporters may be needed for a faction to appear.

Back in the olden days of tiles and slavers being able to drag and drop specific pops to change their rights, the magic number was 5. I don't know if that's changed but my gut says no, factions haven't really been overhauled since then.
Yep, five Pops is the minimum for a faction to form still. You can sometimes see 5 Pop factions form in Empires with a fanatic Ethic where the secondary Ethic's faction pops into and out of existence in the first 10 to 20 years before staying for good once you have enough Pops in total for it to consistently stay above that limit.

Reactions:
Can you imagine the magnitude of changes, that would happen in a star system if some planet just...pop up in existence?
Now double it!
close.PNG

I remember in CKII there was game rule in setup for 'Absurd Events'....is it time for Stellaris now? :D

• 7Haha
Reactions:
Can you imagine the magnitude of changes, that would happen in a star system if some planet just...pop up in existence?
Now double it!
View attachment 1092951
I remember in CKII there was game rule in setup for 'Absurd Events'....is it time for Stellaris now? :D
I really dislike this, can they not put the planet in a normal position? One that doesn't imply broken physics.... or just face the gravitational consecuences of this new giant celestial object being there :p

Reactions:
ROCK that cradle, lithoid child.

• 4Haha
Reactions:
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.34.05 PM.png

It's going to be uncomfortably cold on that Ring World...

• 8Haha
Reactions:
Reactions:
Only need to modify the Gravity a tiny bit, and it's downhill skiing all the way around

That would require good engineering decisions.

These aliens would put your school on the other end, and it would be uphill -- through the snow -- both ways.

wasnt this bug patched?

I dunno, was it?

• 3Haha
Reactions:
TBH. Living space on rw should be on opposite site since gravity works towads center of the mass. And each time i see an rw with a living space towards a star i have uncanny feelings because evertything should fell to the star xD

• 1Haha
Reactions: