The Obligatory Stellaris Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Pre-FTLs mess. Like, how did you release this into the wilds? Why it's all not ironed out yet? What was the quality control?

You cannot even create such species
underwater_caves.PNG

I am devouring swarm btw...and tons of other pre-ftls events with the same idea...

devouringswarm_aid.PNG

Reactions:
This AI really cares!
I think Rogue Servitors actually do get a substantial bonus to stuff like that. And iirc, the end of that has Mandatory Pampering as one of the two living standards NOT banned.

I think Rogue Servitors actually do get a substantial bonus to stuff like that. And iirc, the end of that has Mandatory Pampering as one of the two living standards NOT banned.

The empire in the image is a Driven Assimilator.

Thread Tax:

20240217164418_1.jpg

Federation wants to know if it can end a war ... which apparently I never joined? (See lack of ongoing War icon at top of screen.)

What seems to have happened:

- Federation member had Vassal (Tzynn) who decided to have a civil war.
- Federation member was not involved in Vassal's war?
- Federation member voted to include Vassals into Federation and this instantly added the Vassal (who was at war) to the Federation, in spite of not being at peace.
- Vassal (now a member of Federation) can't end war without Federation approval.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Five Year Plans and Balance in the Middle are both very good for gestalts. They get the benefits of reduced sprawl and increased worker/menial output without suffering any restrictions at all (so long as they don't use livestock or grid amalgamation).

I think they'll only vote for them if they have Exploration Protocols, though.
The empire in the image is a Driven Assimilator.

Thread Tax:

View attachment 1084412

Federation wants to know if it can end a war ... which apparently I never joined? (See lack of ongoing War icon at top of screen.)

What seems to have happened:

- Federation member had Vassal (Tzynn) who decided to have a civil war.
- Federation member was not involved in Vassal's war?
- Federation member voted to include Vassals into Federation and this instantly added the Vassal (who was at war) to the Federation, in spite of not being at peace.
- Vassal (now a member of Federation) can't end war without Federation approval.
Do it. Say "no".

"Nah, I think you should keep fighting. No permission granted."

Last edited:
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
Nope, says 'Rogue Servitors' right there.

You are absolutely correct!

Damn, those tricky Servitors using the canon Assimilator portrait.

You are absolutely correct!

Damn, those tricky Servitors using the canon Assimilator portrait.

This is my custom empire, that I played before, randomly appearing.

Five Year Plans and Balance in the Middle are both very good for gestalts. They get the benefits of reduced sprawl and increased worker/menial output without suffering any restrictions at all (so long as they don't use livestock or grid amalgamation).

I think they'll only vote for them if they have Exploration Protocols, though.

Do it. Say "no".

"Nah, I think you should keep fighting. No permission granted."
I just double-checked - looks like indeed it was changed, now that this stuff gives +10 menial drone output - which is weird. Last time I launched game this resolution was affecting only actual Workers strata, being absolutely useless for gestalts up until +5 stability (that -10 empire size from pops is a joke anyways). Interestingly enough, Rogue Servitors have conflicted stance on this resolution (as per wiki) - getting x2 and x0.8 in voting weights.

So in the end, this screenshot is not as weird as it looked for me - the community just formed, I see a familiar face (I always overflow with joy getting my custom species selected by RNG), who is bent on serving their cat masters and they propose the most useless (well, OK, at least it's not buzzword standard) resolution - but ain't it charming - my AI really cares about worker rights in the galaxy? (My playthrough with them was eradicating determined exterminators who gobbled half the universe, becoming custodian, obliterating unbidden x5 in like 5 years or so and becoming meow.PNG
I like this bulby robot!). Where in fact, looking into backend code, it was the most appropriate choice for them. Booo me

• 1Like
Reactions:
How thoughtful - my species leaving special holes for their space pets to...penetrate even the most artificial toys...I think I will have to reinstate Xeno-Compatibility

special_holes.PNG

Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 9.05.48 PM.png

"Would you like to buy two special Numistic pops for 3,500 ec?"

"Yes, that would be delightful."

"Here you go! No substitution or returns."

"Why would I ret-- hey, wait, they're hiveminded and I'm forced to purge them?!"

"No substitution or returns."

Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 9.05.43 PM.png

• 18Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
View attachment 1089509

"Would you like to buy two special Numistic pops for 3,500 ec?"

"Yes, that would be delightful."

"Here you go! No substitution or returns."

"Why would I ret-- hey, wait, they're hiveminded and I'm forced to purge them?!"

"No substitution or returns."

View attachment 1089510
between that and random secondary species having no habitability, this patch has the weirdest bugs

• 1Like
Reactions:
The story of an idiot-sandwitch.
This AI was my ally, spawned near exterminators. We exchanged migration pacts (AI was xenophile), pops moving around a lot (I have Syncretic Evolution and several other migration/refugees). Exterminators pwned them hard, reducing to only few systems and colonies. They asked for protection and I accepted. Some decades later they switched to xenophobic....and started purging all pops...not having A SINGLE POP of main species. They purged their colonies to the ground with it. Now, their capital cannot grow bio pops, their random robots work for nothing, their leaders are all from other species (HOW? if they purge them, how can they have a leader from other species?) and I honestly don't know what to do with this dummy cats

IDIOT_VASSAL.PNG

• 11Haha
Reactions:
  • 6Haha
Reactions: