• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Honestly in a realistic WWIII without nukes, I feel like the Comintern would win at this point due to sheer manpower and industrial capabilities. Not to mention a potentially bigger navy due to having more coastline than the Entente.
I think a lot depends on the extent to which the Communists are going to be able to maintain control of their truly massive conquests.

The war is barely over and the democratic and communist nations are already butting heads. Meanwhile, I feel like German Empire, one of the last monarchist nations, is sitting in the middle of all this going:

312.jpg

• 5Haha
Reactions:
North Germany continues to advance technologically...

France appears to be something like OTL Germany. Let's hope we get a deterrent before WW3 breaks out... or that WW3 is quick.

The war is barely over and the democratic and communist nations are already butting heads. Meanwhile, I feel like German Empire, one of the last monarchist nations, is sitting in the middle of all this going:

312.jpg
Germany probably: "Stay perfectly still, and maybe they'll forget about us..."

Germany probably: "Stay perfectly still, and maybe they'll forget about us..."
Just like with the T-Rex in Jurassic Park, communists will only see you if you move.

• 3Haha
Reactions:
Just like with the T-Rex in Jurassic Park, communists will only see you if you move.
“Don’t move, unless you want to attract the attention of the T-34 Rex”

• 3Haha
Reactions:
Yeah, definitely a world ready to blow up again. Or be in a state of extended tensions.

Reactions:
Czechoslovakia, Romania, Hungary, Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, and Greece all put forward democratic candidates to serve as their first postwar heads of state, pledging to work to suppress pro-fascist and pro-communist dissent while establishing a stable democratic process.
I find it funny that the portrait of the democratic leader of Hungary IRL belongs to the communist dictator of Hungary between 1947 and 1956.

I find it funny that the portrait of the democratic leader of Hungary IRL belongs to the communist dictator of Hungary between 1947 and 1956.
Is that so? Definitely wasn't intentional, but kind of funny lol.

Good afternoon my friends! As you can see, it's been quite awhile since I've updated this story, and I'm here today to say that I think it's time to place our adventure with the Estonians on hiatus for the time being.

Life simply doesn't leave me with enough time and energy to properly maintain two megacampaigns at once -- we are a long way from pandemic isolation! At this point, the amount of modding and scripting I need to put in to tell my epilogue of a proxy war in Indonesia between communists and democracies exceeds what I can reasonably commit. My German AAR is going strong, but I feel like I'm getting diminishing returns by pressing my way through this.

For the time being, my sole focus will be on my CK2 swan song, but I may yet revisit this one day or use it as the background for a Stellaris run!

Thank you to all of you who've read this over the past many years (Part 1 began in 2017!!), and thank you for your encouragement, comments, and engagement -- you readers really are what makes this so much more fun!

In the meantime, I'm working on several upcoming posts for my German project, so if you enjoy CK2 alt-history campaigns and a Holy Roman Empire that stretches from Iberia to the Steppes, drop on by!

• 5Like
Reactions:
Thank you for your work on this mega-campaign. It's sad to hear that this will be going on hiatus, but I understand if you want to focus on your HRE megacampaign and avoid the stress and burnout of working on two megacampaigns on the same time. I'll be checking out your other megacampagin soon. In the meantime, take your time with your projects and rest well, hopefully you'll return to this when you have the time and energy to do so. Take care of yourself, looking forward to your future projects.

Sad to see this go on hiatus, but seeing as the war against the fascists was won and the world was slipping into a cold war, it's probably a fitting point to end it if needed.

Has it really been six years since this AAR originally started?! :eek:

Thank you for this long run and wonderful AAR!

This was a great run and a good stopping point. I loved the progression of Estonia over the years, and the story was always entertaining. Hoping this comes back in the future, but if this is really the end, then thanks for all of your hard work!

Thank you kindly for this story! It has been a blast to follow!

Thanks for this story! I'll keep watching the HRE Megacampaign...