HoI4 Dev Teasers (previously Podcat's Twitter Teasers)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The London Naval Treaty needs a small rework. Presently you just get a percentage - you're x% of the UK - but it doesn't state what your country's limits are. It also doesn't state what the numbers are - does that last 10% mean I can build some more heavy cruisers? A carrier? A battleship? Am I allowed to exceed the limits as long as I don't finish? Even just knowing if that last bit was a tonnage - I'm 90% of their capital tonnage/build cost - would be helpful. And a mothball feature - the ability to mothball older ships so newer ones can be commissioned. Trying to simulate that with the upgrade feature does work unless you're especially vigilant, and ensure there's no chance of dockyards being assigned to the job. Even then I don't know if a ship being upgraded counts toward the limits or not.

This is all stuff that could be slipped in with an Italy themed DLC, as they did have significant naval concerns, as well as the logistical woes. And if the additions/revisions to the complicated Balkan political landscape were tossed in, the mechanics behind that could apply to the disparate cultures that made up the USSR.

Reactions:
Yeah, I hope they start consolidating after the next DLC, fixing, balancing, and working on what's already in the game rather than just adding more stuff (which also doesn't work properly) on top of it.

AI issues are constantly being addressed, though. Not sure why people keep thinking otherwise.

I think the front AI shuffling is the best example. It’s been around since the beginning, it’s very visible and annoying for may reasons...and yet it somehow is never significantly addressed. A related problem is the AI creating 20 armies and blowing pp on creating new generals that aren’t needed.

06.09.20 Soon(TM)
Link

1599542410561.png

• 3Like
Reactions:
those three being the *new* focus trees and the soviet one being the reworked one seems plausible
they will surely come in another dlc that most likely will not be the next
They're working on two dlcs at once currently the one which includes the soviets is coming 2nd and probably comes with a logistics rework while we're going to get a flavour pack for Italy, Greece and Turkey with few mechanical changes

Italy, Greece and Turkey flavour pack then. We kind already knew this but it's nice to have confirmation

Yes, as you say, I don't think Turkey will come because surely they will be kept as a claim for a future in the Middle East jointly with Iraq and Iran. I believe the option Bulgaria and Austria see it more feasible than Turkey when accompanying Italians and Greeks

Yes, as you say, I don't think Turkey will come because surely they will be kept as a claim for a future in the Middle East jointly with Iraq and Iran. I believe the option Bulgaria and Austria see it more feasible than Turkey when accompanying Italians and Greeks

I kinda think Turkey and Greece have to come as a set, because there will be a reform Ottoman tree in a new Turkey tree, and a reforge Argead/Byzantine path in the Greek tree, and do you really think it would be fair to introduce one but not the other?

Then there is Italy to consider. Yeah, they kinda have to come together.

Someone post Oprah meme about everyone getting a Roman Empire plz.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I kinda think Turkey and Greece have to come as a set, because there will be a reform Ottoman tree in a new Turkey tree, and a reforge Argead/Byzantine path in the Greek tree, and do you really think it would be fair to introduce one but not the other?

Then there is Italy to consider. Yeah, they kinda have to come together.

Someone post Oprah meme about everyone getting a Roman Empire plz.
I think they will do it this way for commercial reasons, since the most interesting tree in their tree will be the alternative ways of restoring the Ottoman Empire and they also need a country that is a strong claim for a future DLCMiddle East and it is clear Turkey is the most interesting country in that region so I do not see it coming with Italy, Greece and I perfectly believe the minors who could accompany them would be Bulgaria and Austria who would fulfill perfectly in itrole would also make sense for them to come in the Italian rework

Reactions:
If Collie and Barbarossa being worked on in parallel I wonder how big Collie will be.

If Greece is basically confirmed for Collie tomorrow (and its not just a focus icon for the Soviet Union or something), that would suggest Italy will be in the country pack. I imagine Bulgaria would come there too because they are nearby. I don't know if they'd have space for other countries unless all of content design is working on Collie or they've gotten a big team expansion. You'd think Italy would come with a relatively large expansion, but now I'm kinda curious to see if Italy will be packaged with a smaller pack

Reactions:
Nowhere near enough forehead for Molotoff, it'll be Metaxas. Greece, Bulgaria, Turkey grouped DLC would be my best bet. Italy hasn't featured in an expansion yet, and after we presumably get the Soviet rework in Barbarossa it will (iirc) leave Italy as the only major with no expansion rework - and there are Italian-themed expansion things to do, so I imagine they're on the back burner for the expansion after the Soviets and giving them a country pack before then seems unlikely.