• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Svanley

First Lieutenant
61 Badges
Jun 16, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
MesopotamiaUpdatePoster.jpg

v0.5.3 The Mesopotamia Update for 1.4.2

Major Mod Features:
  • A massively detailed map centered on the Near East which at present holds 7000 provinces!
  • Civilization Advancements, a new progression system tied to Technology which offers the choice between bonuses aimed to be more than just modifiers, instead unlocking new gameplay such as new buildings, governments or special actions such as Foreign Trading Colonies.
  • Migratory Groups now roam the land causing peoples of all cultures to spread far and wide and sometimes founding new countries in uncolonized pockets of land. The system has it challenges and you can manage and interact with it through several actions to maximize the stability and prosperity of your nation.
  • Foraging: now armies can replenish their food by foraging in the local territory where each territories food amount depends on the local terrain and population. But be careful, a region devestated by warfare takes a long time to recover, so plan accordingly.
  • Unique mechanics for Egypt in the Dynasty system and the multi-stage construction of massive Pyramid complexes with a possible 15 slots! (3 major 12 minor)
  • New building system where there can now only be one of each building with a lot of related changes such as new sources of building slots.
  • New "Lapiz Lazuli" UI look with a blue/gold theme especially fantastic for all other dark mode fanatics out there
  • And much, much more changes, large and small.
Download Link v0.5.3
Steam Workshop Link with screenshots
Discord

Install Guide: Remove any old version and then extract the contents of the zip into your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Imperator/mod folder

The year is 2115 BCE. and the nascent civilizations of the Near East are in turmoil.​

In Mesopotamia it was a mere eighty years ago that the barbarous Gutians overran the first Mesopotamian Empire, The Empire of Akkad. But now one by one the great cities of the former empire have declared their independence and are determined to lay Gutium to waste.​
In Egypt the great and prosperous Old Kingdom, who built the Great Pyramid of Khufu, have collapsed and the land has fallen into ruin and turmoil and anarchy once more reigns over the land. The small kingdoms that soon arose struggle for hegemony over all of Egypt in order to found a new glorious dynasty.​
In Anatolia there has been a large influx of the Indo-European Luwians that have now come to inhabit most of the western half of the land but the native peoples still rule the eastern half with the great Hattians still reigning over Central Anatolia.​
Greece has also seen an influx of another Indo-European peoples, the people that will become known as the Hellenes. The old and established Aegean Civilizations still hold most of the land and the maritime peoples wont easily let go of their many island strongholds.​
In Central Asia several societies prosper from the vast trade networks transporting Tin westward connecting far-away lands. In the northern steppe there is word of a new technology; a fast, manouverable chariot that will lead its warlike creators south away from the steppe to the river valleys of the civilized world.​
Along the Indus Valley a mighty civilization sprawling with cities still prosper on the banks of the Indus. But the harvest lessens every season and there are fears that the Gods themselves have cursed the land.​
The world stands at a crossroads and civilization seems to be at stake.​
Want to help?

The easiest thing anyone can do is to simply play the mod and give some feedback! Any feedback is greatly appreciated and I also really hope you enjoy the mod!

Primarily looking for:
  • 3D artists for Unit Models/Character Portraits
  • 2D artists for icons
  • Event writers for flavor events or or whatever else.
If you are interested just send me a message on Discord, the best way to work productively is to find something you feel you want to do.

Credits:
Sloth
for lots of 2D art including the amazing new flatmap (the image you see when zoomed out) but also building icons and lots of work on the new UI aesthetics!
The community for commissioning a new Akkadian unit from Owlcoholic!
MikeW for lots of amazing new icons such as the new building icons!
Fedor for a unique Waset mission, Form Dynasty mission and several new formables!
Oneven/lascupa for lots of amazing and brand new flags!
Benjin for his amazing Aegean unit model commissioned by Skotos and I.
Skotos of Sinope for his work on enriching the Aegean part of the map through a Military Tradition redesign, unique decision for Kadmeia to form Thebes, Hellenic and Aegean deities, holy sites and treasures and much more!
Xangelo7 for the Egyptian unit and Egyptian, Aegean and Akkadian portraits.
Ludwig LoreKhan for Minoan Formable
LittlePage for all his Luwian formables
Lord von Fleck for answering lots and lots of questions on Ancient Egypt
JR Dolan for a crazy amount of historically accurate names
Anoldretiredelephant for the Egyptian culture top bar for windows
MattTheLegoman for the new Cedar trees and Aegean buildings
Nopani for lots and lots of formables and heritages in the Aegean world
MobJay for his Byblos flag
Tay13 for several heritages and the new awesome loading screen quotes!

Last edited:
  • 7Like
Reactions:
Awesome! I've been waiting for a Bronze Age mod.

Oooh, this looks cool.

Not sure yet, I doubt it as in the mod I regard the vanilla building systems as "Rural" Buildings, and the ones I have added for cities as Urban buildings, atm Harbour, Temple and Palace. So I plan to expand both parts, but probably not as many Rural buildings as vanilla, but more in total if you combine both.

Hi, Klyvare! Amazing mod.
Please tell me how exactly you add port to a province? I try to edit both ports.csv and port_locators.txt but this isn't enough:(

Very nice work on this! But, I cannot hardly see or click on my own provinces. Really think it would be nice to (at the level where you don;t have the fog anymore) be zoomed in. I know you got the whole world coming after these regions, but I cannot read or click on the map and I like staying in the view where you see a nation's name and not each province.

Also, Phellos has 10 cities at start, some are in Anatolia and some are up in the Illyrian region in the NW corner of the map.

Overall, loving this mod, but just needs zoomed in and perhaps less colonizable land (due to larger nations being able to colonize more, thus snowball effect).

@Arnil That should be enough, provinces with ports but no owner dont show the port on the map.

@tsf4 Yes my mod has quite a bit smaller provinces, in some places maybe a bit much so, but in general I dont really know how/if that should be changed, as others might dislike losing the detail at a lower height. I guess it could be a sub-mod, I'll see if any one else feels that way and maybe make one. As for less colonizable land, if anything it should favor smaller nations as there is a flat amount of base manpower of 7500 for all nations no matter how small.
Also good catch on Phellos having incorrect setup, will be included in the next update.

And thanks all for the positive comments! Cyprus + Southern Anatolia is next probably some time next week which will move the map right next to the Levant and areas with more extensive historical sourcing. The update will also include several changes, small and big, depends on what I have time to complete.

Hmm, I thought perhaps the map could be stretched in width and length to make it more zoomed in, but oh well. I am not too much into detail of the actual map, tbh I prefer styles like EU3 used to have over the heavy/bulky "nice" maps now used with I:R and EU4.

Glad I could help on Phellos. Looking forward to continued work on this, and thanks for letting us know when and what you have changed when you upload it.

Major update 0.2.0 with Cyprus, Lukka and Tarhuntassa is now released! Gonna try expand the changelog a bit and also release a poll at some point to better understand peoples opinions of things.

Edit: Got answer on how to edit titles.

Last edited:
You should be able to do it yourself. Though I can't remember where the control for that is off the top of my head.

Very interesting project. I'll keep an eye on the development for sure. :)

Hey guys, I hate beeing that guy, but I was wondering how the mod was doing, since I'm personnaly really exited about the levant, mesopotamia (man I want to set up the third dynasty of ur) and some hattian games.

If it wouldn't be to much to ask, what regions are you guys planning to add on the next update?

Anyway, hope stuff is going well and if u need help for research and stuff you guys can pm me.

Have a great one and keep up the goodwork.

If you need any help with Cyprus stuff hit me up. Looking forward to see this one play out.