• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello, before passing the award tomorrow, I thought I could make a recommendation list. :)

First, I wanted to thanks @misterbean. The first AARs I have commented on were his. I've not seen him writing lately (I could have missed it) but he was important in my involvement in this community.

Of course I can recommend the House of Wessex tale by @coz1 (The Rightful King, The Bold Prince and The Heavy Crown) . Not one, not two, but three of the best AARs I have read. You have probably already read it (if not, stop reading this and click on the link :p ).

There is also a megacampaign I have followed since its beginning nearly 3 years ago (I even have my name on it, and maybe some of you too). From England to America (part 1, 2 and 3) by @silentsam5 which follow the House of De Gael small count of East Anglia and their rise to the kingdom of England and then the colonization of the Americas and formation of the USA.
There is not a part 4 yet, but the authAAR just said to us he is working on the conversion to HoI4. So maybe it's time to catch up with this work. :)

And I could recommend AARs from @JabberJock14, @stnylan, @Tom D., @RossN, @volksmarschall, @Bullfilter and so many other who write amazing stories. :)

But, I want to put some light on new AARs that have recently started (and sometimes, on newcomers).

The Eagles, the Pomegranate, the Cross and the Crescent - Tale from the Wars of Romes by @Mr. Capiatlist. Yes, he is not really new here. But it marks his comeback to AAR writing. There are 4 great powers in this world, all claiming to descent from the Roman Empire. And we are on the edge to see them fighting.
It's really well written with some remarkable characters.

A New Round Table
by @General_BT (talking about come back :p ). An AAR with the Latin Empire, and Arthur Plantagent (no typo here). There is humor, there is mystery, there is something great.

The Great and the Eagle's Shadow
by @Groogy. A prussian aar on ck2, with tribes, a mod by groogy, some hints about the next expansion, and lots of other things.

The Weimar Chronicles by @BucketTech. Some tribes once again, but Saxon. And Charlemagne is coming !

Mare Nostrum: A Mamluk AAR by @Empire of Ming. Trying to survive with the Mamluk sultanate and to form Arabia. The AAR is near complete.

The Dutch are Rising by @Ratanka. A Dutch AAR on very hard mode on EU4. It's very well written, and so far it's going really great gameplay wise.

I will stop here but I could add so many more (like @jazzathecutts with The Germanic People who wrote a really promising and dense first chapter or some new HoI4 AARs with the Kaiserreich mod that look promising, ...).

Thank you for all the author (past and present) for keeping up the quality that it produced in the AARland. It makes this community so unique.

Now I see you in a few hours with a new winner ! :)

My congratulations @The Number 9 and great to see some recommendations, as well as a thank you for mentioning me, even though I'm really getting behind on my reading and probably don't deserve a mention :p.

Congratulations!

Many congratulations @The Number 9 !

Thank you ! Coming from you, it means a lot. I'm not doing half the things you do for the community. :)

My congratulations @The Number 9 and great to see some recommendations, as well as a thank you for mentioning me, even though I'm really getting behind on my reading and probably don't deserve a mention :p.

Thank you. I mentioned you for your writings this time so it was totally deserved. :p

Congratulations!

Thank you for the 2nd congratulation (yes, you already did it earlier this week :p ).

__

So now it's time to pass the award. I wanted once more to thank you all for this honor and for making this community one of the best ever.

It was hard to find a successor for the week, not because of a lack of candidate. Quite the contrary, there are a lot of people that deserve this awAARd every week.
I had a few criterias like not being a recipient of this one earlier this year, if possible find someone who never won it, ...

And I think I find someone you will all agree with. He is here for a long time, always there to congratulate a winner, to vote on the ACAs, ... He is more often seen in the old HoI (especially the 3rd) threads but sometimes you can see him elsewhere (in EU:Rome for example).
He is also a writer (you can find his last here) who have already won a "Writer of the week" at least.

If I'm not mistaking it's the first time he win this one, and I'm proud to be the first to congratulate him.

Congratulations @Wraith11B ! :) And thank you for your involvement ! ;)

An excellent choice! Congratulations @Wraith11B , I remain envious of how you find the time to both produce such excellent writing and be a busy and valuable fan, all the more reason this award is so well deserved.

Congratulations!

Whoa!! :confused: Completely unexpected! I appreciate the nod and I look forward to being ever more of a part of the community here!

Many congrats to you @Wraith11B for you have shown an excitement about these forums that is most needed! Excellent work as a writAAR but so too reaching to not only your "area" but also to the main forum. We need more fans like you! Well done! :)

Oh, well done @The Number 9 and warmest congratulations @Wraith11B :) Thanks for you support for my stuff.

Everyone, if you haven’t read his current work you should - it is top notch!

Indeed, you show some excellent support for the community, while also maintaining a very fine piece yourself. Well done and congratulations @Wraith11B!:)

Congratulations @Wraith11B !
Many times it's the fans that keep us going. You're right. I have not written anything in a long time due to massive writer's block. These days I mostly lurk.

In honor of my nod, I decided to be a bit extra and show everyone the relative insanity that my current AAR is...