• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
oh whoah holy shit
sorry I was in a final
it went well!
go me

Yeah the players Britta'd it.
giphy.gif

Night 5
William Spencer Bagdatopoulos The Mytilenean Debate.jpg

Tzak Donaghy speaking before the few members of the Prytany able to be summoned on such short notice

[The Next Day]

The emergency seemed fully past and a great many legislators decided to enjoy the fine weather. The rich in their litters, the poor on their sandals, they journeyed down the Long Wall to visit the beaches near Piraeus. Already, the poets were testing out odes and rumors about the superhuman barbarian who had walked amongst them and saved the city from the treachery of Critias and Pheidippides before being called off to greater things. In time, what people remembered or invented of Conan would make him a second Hercules, his cult rivaling Mithras for popularity among the Roman legions. Graffiti listing the Three Great Things, crying Valor et Ultio, or stating Lupus non minus lupus was carved into the walls of temples and basilicas from Gibraltar to the Euphrates.

At the time, however, people knew him as just a man and Pythagoras knew that, as the Pythia had said, danger still lay close by. He tried to rouse the people of Athens to aid their allies, but there was no interest. He tried to rouse them to the traitors that remained in their midst, but there was open hostility. A small quorum of assemblymen had already begun distributing pot shards so they could hurl him out of the city for the next few years when messangers burst in with news from the archons: Pythagoras had been right.

Pheidippides had not been acting alone after all. The corrupt youth had himself corrupted a noble named Dracontide [K-59]. Their agreement about the need for the eupatrid upper classes to rule the mob and end democratic rule bonded them. Dracontide claimed his right to trial by combat but was beheaded by Joxer before he had finished the sentence. He had been waiting to do that for so long, you have no idea. Out of everyone filing back into the city in a confused daze, no one understood how Tzak Donaghy [Sleepyhead] could have learned any of this. He had been pointedly napping in the shade of the agora's plane trees for days without being involved. He confessed that it all had come to him in a dream, and everyone understood. The gods work in mysterious ways...

For their part, the Segestans threw up their hands in disgust and hoped that they would be able to convince the Spartans to join their cause on the cheap. It turns out their promises of Sicily's riches had been completely empty and they couldn't possibly afford another trip to Delphi to bring the Spartans on board. In the north, however, the claims of the pretender tyrant-in-exile Critias and the blood of Alexander was calling the Macedonians to arms.

K-59 the Republican traitor was lynched​

greece1.png

Dawn breaking over the Acropolis, as seen looking southeast across the Areopagus from near the Agora

[The Fifth Night]

On the fifth night, nothing happened.

But surely Dracontide hadn't been the last of this...

Last edited:
Well we had republican traitors and they were many, and a tyrant who was alone.

I wonder if ramius was a republican, or he piped down after his master-tyrant Euro was slain for advocating tyranny?

Vote ramius

I am searching for an honest man.

So far the count is one minus one. It would be cool if there was a number for that but our civilization is not advanced enough to figure it out apparently. Pythagoras is too much of a square to step away from his triangles. He's been hanging out with Plato too much I imagine.
Dracontide was not an honest man, however he was at least honestly dishonest. The Athenians that lynched him I am not so sure about.

It is essential, as we move forward with our preparations, that the Diogenes Protocol be implemented post-haste. Otherwise, we will keep voting the likes of Pythagoras to the lynch, and he will have no time to engage in his elaborate and mystical ceremonies, which I still haven't been invited to by the way.

I now find in myself the uncontrollable urge to urinate. Fortunately, Alexander's grave is right here. Excuse me.

Well we had republican traitors and they were many, and a tyrant who was alone.

I wonder if ramius was a republican, or he piped down after his master-tyrant Euro was slain for advocating tyranny?

Vote ramius
How many days in a row are you going to tunnel me? :p

Beloved people of Athens, it is I, Jack Donaghy.

5145b0e22eee6ff2a7a65b43c3909024

When our founding fathers first set out time and time again, our nation horizon. Prosperity, dreams, freedom. But the spirit, journey, destiny. Pericles values, Llymon values. Today's case is strong - when in doubt vote Avernite. I've met people. They changed my mind. No doubt.
We have a traitor in our midst and his name is K-59.

Unvote Avernite
Vote K-59

May the phylakes and physicians watch over me tonight, and the nights to come, thank you, Athens.

The oracle has spoketh. All Greeks are expected to follow.

Proposal 05-001. The Assembly shall provide money from the common treasury to fund a small festival and poetic panegyric in honor of Tzak Donaghy's fine post work yesterday.

How many days in a row are you going to tunnel me? :p
How about until you answer the charges of empowering traitors and advocating for the destruction of our democracy?

View attachment 570804
Tzak Donaghy speaking before the few members of the Prytany able to be summoned on such short notice

[The Next Day]

The emergency seemed fully past and a great many legislators decided to enjoy the fine weather. The rich in their litters, the poor on their sandals, they journeyed down the Long Wall to visit the beaches near Piraeus. Already, the poets were testing out odes and rumors about the superhuman barbarian who had walked amongst them and saved the city from the treachery of Critias and Pheidippides before being called off to greater things. In time, what people remembered or invented of Conan would make him a second Hercules, his cult rivaling Mithras for popularity among the Roman legions. Graffiti listing the Three Great Things, crying Valor et Ultio, or stating Lupus non minus lupus was carved into the walls of temples and basilicas from Gibraltar to the Euphrates.

At the time, however, people knew him as just a man and Pythagoras knew that, as the Pythia had said, danger still lay close by. He tried to rouse the people of Athens to aid their allies, but there was no interest. He tried to rouse them to the traitors that remained in their midst, but there was open hostility. A small quorum of assemblymen had already begun distributing pot shards so they could hurl him out of the city for the next few years when messangers burst in with news from the archons: Pythagoras had been right.

Pheidippides had not been acting alone after all. The corrupt youth had himself corrupted a noble named Dracontide [K-59]. Their agreement about the need for the eupatrid upper classes to rule the mob and end democratic rule bonded them. Dracontide claimed his right to trial by combat but was beheaded by Joxer before he had finished the sentence. He had been waiting to do that for so long, you have no idea. Out of everyone filing back into the city in a confused daze, no one understood how Tzak Donaghy [Sleepyhead] could have learned any of this. He had been pointedly napping in the shade of the agora's plane trees for days without being involved. He confessed that it all had come to him in a dream, and everyone understood. The gods work in mysterious ways...

For their part, the Segestans threw up their hands in disgust and hoped that they would be able to convince the Spartans to join their cause on the cheap. It turns out their promises of Sicily's riches had been completely empty and they couldn't possibly afford another trip to Delphi to bring the Spartans on board. In the north, however, the claims of the pretender tyrant-in-exile Critias and the blood of Alexander was calling the Macedonians to arms.

K-59 the Republican traitor was lynched​

greece1.png

Dawn breaking over the Acropolis, as seen looking south across the Areopagus from near the Agora

[The Fifth Night]

On the fifth night, nothing happened.

But surely Dracontide hadn't been the last of this...
Opa!

How about until you answer the charges of empowering traitors and advocating for the destruction of our democracy?
1. What charges?
2. I gave a long speech in the assembly the other day advocating for the abolition of democracy. How do you need more? Do you need a certified transcript delivered to your residence, along with a pamphlet on the virtues of Sparta (paid for by the Segestans)? :p

You “democrats” have such short memories.

Proposal 05-001. The Assembly shall provide money from the common treasury to fund a small festival and poetic panegyric in honor of Tzak Donaghy's fine post work yesterday.
NO MORE PROPOSALS! :mad:

1. What charges?
2. I gave a long speech in the assembly the other day advocating for the abolition of democracy. How do you need more? Do you need a certified transcript delivered to your residence, along with a pamphlet on the virtues of Sparta (paid for by the Segestans)? :p

So what you're saying is: my charges are true, you are a traitor to the Polis, and we should drive you out?

1. What charges?

NO MORE PROPOSALS! :mad:
This is not a republic, it's a democracy!