• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
unvote ike
vote marco

getting off this sudden surge

Eh, yes, that was a bit sudden.
Just suspected that marco might be correct. We can still flip him later and Ike was just as good a choice.
Though, there are other zombies to cull, too.

Final Tallies
Proposal 03-001
: Athens shall agree to send forces to the aid of its ally Segesta in response to the unjust aggression of its neighbors, the size of such a force and its leaders to be named later.
Signed: Avernite, Brovahkiin, Ramius, Panzer Commader, Humancalculator, Alxeu, Emperor Ike, Jopi, Claude LC, Dedonus
10/24

Upon the motion of Phidias [De Chatillon]:
Proposal 03-002: The body of Pheidippides shall be unearthed, desecrated, and insulted in the public square as derision to future traitors.
Signed: De Chatillon, Ramius, Dedonus, Alxeu, Emperor Ike, Capage, Alynkio, Jopi, Capibara, Avernite
10/24

Upon the motion of Pythagoras [Avernite]:
Proposal 03-003: Upon the passage of 03-001, the leader of said force to be named as Joxer the Mighty [Johho888], to set out fortwith and stay away for at least a fortnight. [Johho888 to miss at least one round of voting and, if applicable, nighty action]
Signed: Avernite, Ramius, Alxeu, Emperor Ike, Chieron
4/24

Upon the motion of that guy [Wagonlitz], renewing his motion from yesterday,
Proposal 03-004: The archons should be forced to work harder. [Goodie scanners will be able to scan two people per night with 50% success for each.]
Signed: Wagonlitz, Ramius, Emperor Ike, Claude LC
4/24

Upon the motion of Diogenes [Marty99], who will keep bringing this up until you lot agree with him,
Proposal 03-005: The Diogenes Protocol: No indictments shall be issued on a third day against one who has been accused two days in a row with insufficient proof to secure an indictment on either of those initial two days. Should such a person later be accused again and narrowly avoid indictment through the usual channels, such a person will be automatically ostracized as a source of public nuisance, regardless of his guilt. [If someone comes within 2 votes of being lynched but survives the lynch twice in a row, they cannot be voted the next day. However, if they later go on to be voted again and survive the lynch a third time, they get killed regardless.]
Signed: Marty, Ramius, Alxeu, Emperor Ike
4/24

Upon the motion of Socrates [Arkasas],
Proposal 03-006: The seventh law shall be repealed, and the old democratic voting system shall be restored.
Signed: Arkasas, Wagonlitz, Ramius, Panzer Commader, Emperor Ike, Alynkio
6/24

Upon the motion of Joxer the Mighty [Johho888], in light of the confusion over the preceding days' events,
Proposal 03-007: A delegation shall be sent to the Pythia at Delphi to seek her guidance as to the current state of danger to Athens. [enable psychics]
Signed: Johho888, Panzer Commader, Ramius, Alxeu, Dedonus, Emperor Ike, Capage, Alynkio, Chieron, MarcoRossolini, Tamius23, Jopi, Capibara, Avernite, Claude LC
15/24

Upon the motion of John Locke [Alxeu], seeing as how many good proposals have gone unsupported because the good people of Athens are busy throughout different periods of the day,
Proposal 03-008: Proposals and their support shall be carried over automatically from one day to the next, so long as they have at least four (4) votes from uncondemned living citizens and so long as the number of the proposal's opponents does not outnumber the number of its supporters.
Signed: Alxeu, Ramius, Emperor Ike, Chieron
4/24

Upon the renewed motion of Aristophanes [Alynkio], in view of the duty of Greeks to uphold civilization rather than barbarism,
Proposal 03-009: Repeal the 7th law enacted on the first day, removing trial by combat as a means of execution in Athens. [Attempts to remove brutal]
Signed: Alynkio, Ramius, Tamius23, Avernite
4/24

Upon the renewed motion of Aristophanes [Alynkio],
Proposal 03-010: Any man condemned by the plurality of the prytany (whether or not it shall consitute a majority of that body) shall have their indictment handed to the law courts of the city that same day. All other condemnations on such a day shall require majority support.
Signed: Alynkio, Ramius
2/24

Upon the renewed motion of Aristophanes [Alynkio],
Proposal 03-011: The quorum present (excluding all non-voters) shall be the sole basis for the calculation of majorities. [Non-voters are excluded from calculating majorities.]
Signed: Alynkio, Ramius, Claude LC
3/24

Upon the motion of Aristophanes [Alynkio],
Proposal 03-012: Regardless of the state of other laws affecting their vote, in all cases, no member of the prytany may vote to condemn more than 1/5 of the current surviving players.
Signed: Alynkio, Ramius
2/24

Condemnation motions
Johho888
(6)
Panzer Commader [455]
Humancalculator [456]
Ramius3443 [459]
Tamius23 [483]
Avernite [428 Johho888 > 473 Ramius > 500]
Wagonlitz [479 MarcoRossolini > 501]

MarcoRossolini (5)
Marty [440]
Johho888 [450]
Alxeu [460]
Emperor Ike [470]
Brovahkiin [448 Emperor Ike > 502]

Emperor Ike (8)
Dedonus [446]
Arkasas [447]

MarcoRossolini [477]
Jopi [484]
Capibara [492]
Alynkio [474 Chieron > 485 Ironhide > 494]
Claude LC [496]
Chieron [445 MarcoRossolini > 497]

Ramius3443 (2)
Ironhead G1 [462]
Capage [471]

Chieron (0)

Ironhide (0)

Non-voters
K-59
Sleepyhead

I can't tell at the moment if Wagon and Brov were actually on time, but since it doesn't change the result I'll just go forward with this total and emend it later if needed. Again the deadline is at the hour, not at the end of the first full minute.

Last edited:
I can't tell at the moment if Wagon and Brov were actually on time, but since it doesn't change the result I'll just go forward with this total and emend it later if needed. Again the deadline is at the hour, not at the end of the first full minute.
They were on time.
You can see the actual timestamp by hovering over the fuzzy timestamp.

Proposal 04-001:
Having elected (foolishly) to allow traitors a defence by combat, the prytany sets aside funds to train some citizens to be better able to represent the Polis in such matters.

[Enables a champion role: 1x only can defend himself against a brutal attack, OR, can enable the power to intervene in all brutal attacks, with a risk of both the champion and the intended victim dieing, but also a chance to save both]

I'm getting the sneaking suspicion that Ike will turn out to be innocent when we get the results. Much as I like surviving, I too am suspicious of the wholesale switching. Looks like people want to be on the bandwagon rather than be seen as dissenters.

Night 4

idea_sized-1024px-oracle_of_delphi_red-figure_kylix_440-430_bc_kodros_painter_berlin_f_2538_141668.jpg

The Segestan ambassador explaining the will of the gods to the Oracle of Delphi

[The Next Day]

The initial feeling was that Athens must have fallen far from the gods' favor to be struck by so much unrest in such a short time. The city did not have the worlds' greatest orators for no purpose, however. Ten minutes after Critias had figged them all, rhetors and sophists were being sent out on the fastest ships in the Athenian fleet to spin this. It was not that the city of sycophants, whores, and upstart peasants had finally got what the gods had always intended them to have. Instead, it was a blessing. The cursed and condemned man who had told them all to kill themselves had actually been a herald of the gods, the 22 dead prytaneis accursèd traitors, and the uncovering of Critias and Pheidippides' twin plots the very protection of Athena herself.

Still, best to tie up any loose ends. Despite the warweariness of most of the Athenian people, the Segestans had found a strong well of support among the rich, who realized a nice and distant war would both distract the mob and provide a convenient exile (at best) for the more dangerous members of their own class. The Segestans saw what was needed all around and proposed to fully fund an embassy to the Pythia at Delphi. The gods always seemed to shine their divine radiance brightest on those carrying bags of gold into her treasury, and this was not an exception. Loaded up on hemp, the priestess heard the questions of the Athenians and told them

As you say, the gods bless the virtuous in all things and for this reason will Athens so warmly remember these last few days.

and

Your brother has been bitten by a rabid dog. Protect him!
this message brought to you by the segestan council for military tourism

and
The gorgon headless lies, but its head lies pressed hard against thy breastplate, O Athens.

Everyone was so busy wondering what the hell she was talking about and thinking about how beautiful Segesta must be this time of year that it wasn't until they got home that they realized they'd lost Conan somewhere.

Proposal 03-007 passes: Psychics enabled
Emperor Ike the psychic villager was lynched​

GRC0085402__36142.1542171685.jpg

[The Fourth Night]

As they passed Eleusis, they also realized that the friendly ghost Herodotus [Dedonus], whose racy stories about invisible lovers and headless African cannibals they had so enjoyed these past few days, was gone as well. The priests at the sanctuary said their prayers and sought the understanding of the gods, but there was no guidance they could give. The father of history was once again only a memory.

Dedonus the villager & brother of the Aegaletan Phratery hunted
Also, Ike wasn't really the psychic
Sike!​

Last edited:
Proposal 04-001:
Having elected (foolishly) to allow traitors a defence by combat, the prytany sets aside funds to train some citizens to be better able to represent the Polis in such matters.

[Enables a champion role: 1x only can defend himself against a brutal attack, OR, can enable the power to intervene in all brutal attacks, with a risk of both the champion and the intended victim dieing, but also a chance to save both]
Repeating this all proper for post-update. I am in favour, of course.

Also:

Vote johho

images

I am searching for an honest man.

Ike's title, Emperor, is even more laughable than King. You already know what I thought of Alexander, another one passed from our company.
Herodotus was a member of the Aegeletan Phratery. That sounds like pederasty to me. Doubtless Plato is a member.

You already know what time it is. Propose proposal 003-005 from yesterday.

Vote Capage

I don't know who that is. Surely my lamp would have illuminated him, were he an honest man.

This investigation is starting to become stale. No one knows how to use proposals but I, except to do intensely boring crap. I will need to think on how to rectify this.

RUFF!

Proposal 03-007 passes: Psychics enabled
Emperor Ike the psychic villager was lynched​

Well.

That's something.

Something's fishy about Wagon.
First he votes for me because I was "bandwagoning".
Then he votes for Ike because... reasons?

Either he's a clueless innocent or werewolf HQ shrugged their shoulders and went "what's the difference" when the vote began to go away from me.

For the record - I'm nothing special, ahem, I mean, I'm definitely special and you should assassinate me in the night. :p

VOTE Wagonlitz

My apologies Wagon, I can't read. :(

Unvote Wagon

I revive my motion from yesterday:

Upon the motion of John Locke [Alxeu], seeing as how many good proposals have gone unsupported because the good people of Athens are busy throughout different periods of the day,
Proposal 03-008: Proposals and their support shall be carried over automatically from one day to the next, so long as they have at least four (4) votes from uncondemned living citizens and so long as the number of the proposal's opponents does not outnumber the number of its supporters.

Vote Claude

He seems as good as any of the bandwagoners on Ike.

Current proposals
Upon the motion of Pythagoras [Avernite], having foolishly elected to allow traitors to defend their name in combat,
Proposal 04-001: The Assembly shall provide money out of the common treasury to train some citizens to be better able to represent the Polis in such matters. [Enables a champion role: 1x only can defend himself against a brutal attack OR can enable the power to intervene in all brutal attacks, with a risk of both the champion and the intended victim dieing but also a chance to save both]
Signed: Avernite

Upon the motion of Diogenes [Marty99], who will keep bringing this up until you lot agree with him,
Proposal 04-002: The Diogenes Protocol: No indictments shall be issued on a third day against one who has been accused two days in a row with insufficient proof to secure an indictment on either of those initial two days. Should such a person later be accused again and narrowly avoid indictment through the usual channels, such a person will be automatically ostracized as a source of public nuisance, regardless of his guilt. [If someone comes within 2 votes of being lynched but survives the lynch twice in a row, they cannot be voted the next day. However, if they later go on to be voted again and survive the lynch a third time, they get killed regardless.]
Signed: Marty

Upon the renewed motion of John Locke [Alxeu], seeing as how many good proposals have gone unsupported because the good people of Athens are busy throughout different periods of the day,
Proposal 04-003: Proposals and their support shall be carried over automatically from one day to the next, so long as they have at least four (4) votes from uncondemned living citizens and so long as the number of the proposal's opponents does not outnumber the number of its supporters.
Signed: Alxeu

Upon the renewed motion of the Segestan ambassador, particularly in light of the wisdom of the priestess of Apollo at Delphi,
Proposal 04-004: Athens shall agree to send forces to the aid of its ally Segesta in response to the unjust aggression of its neighbors, the size of such a force and its leaders to be named later.

Current votes for condemnation
Johho

Avernite [512]

Capage
Marty [513]

Wagonlitz
Marco [514 > 516 unvoted]

Claude
Alxeu [518]

Last edited:
This investigation is starting to become stale. No one knows how to use proposals but I, except to do intensely boring crap. I will need to think on how to rectify this.
I hardly think that's fair. @johho888's motion yesterday was beautifully in character with the setting & @Avernite's today seems to have invented a new character to address a plot point. @alxeu's might seem like housekeeping, but it's needful housekeeping: there've been some good ideas lost along the way. (Like invading someone to distract from the political mess...
FDXR46b.gif
)

That said, you're right that this is a chance to experiment with game mechanisms like yours if people can think of useful ones. The baddies have it harder on that front, but all the more glory (kleos) for their name if they could pull it off. :D

May Zeus save me from this curse!
When Zeus is assured that a soul has no inside information, he is always willing to permit its reincarnation. [PM interest in subbing.]

Last edited: