Crusader Kings II - 2.4.2 OPEN BETA PATCH - NOT for problem reports! [checksum AJJW]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
- It is now possible to access the splash screen with culture, religion and government features in the interface by clicking the Features button just to the right of the character portrait.
Umm... The button is on the upper left of the character portrait, not the right...

Will the saves in beta be compatible with the patch when it's released? Can you get achievements in beta?

Did anyone playing the beta patch notice whether the Shia Caliphate can now actually form? In my current game the pretender doesn't become Caliph upon winning -- twice now -- which breaks the game quite a bit while playing in the southeastern regions.

Beta 2.4.2 [AJJW]: It seems to me that changes made to vassal coats of arms with the designer still do not survive re-loading.

Reactions:
Hmm, this patch seems to have made my cutting-edge Alienware stutter and CTD.

Another $15, another broken product, I suppose. I'll come back in a month or so.

Reactions:
It's a government effect that allows free (i.e. tyranny-free) revocation on the specified tiers. For example, Iqta has the ability to revoke any duchy title for free (just like before).

Reactions:
I don't think this is a bug, probably me doing something wrong. I load up the beta and it tells me my version will be 2.4.2 Checksum AJJW, but after I get into the game, it changes the checksum to JRGG. Tried to verify cache, and reinstalled game, still a no go =/ (Trying to play multiplayer)

I don't think this is a bug, probably me doing something wrong. I load up the beta and it tells me my version will be 2.4.2 Checksum AJJW, but after I get into the game, it changes the checksum to JRGG. Tried to verify cache, and reinstalled game, still a no go =/ (Trying to play multiplayer)
As per the title, not for problem reports. But try a full reinstall.

Make sure you don't have any mods selected.

can you guy separate the pillage alert and the settle as [government type here] alert
and key bind the "do it" button
i know its quality of life stuff but its something i think we'd all enjoy

Reactions:
The game always changes the checksum after you start a game. This is WAD. It's got something to do with games not loading or being refreshed properly if you resign to the main screen and try to start a new game, so the checksum is different to prevent someone with a "resigned" running version to join a multiplayer game and screw everything up.

The game always changes the checksum after you start a game. This is WAD. It's got something to do with games not loading or being refreshed properly if you resign to the main screen and try to start a new game, so the checksum is different to prevent someone with a "resigned" running version to join a multiplayer game and screw everything up.
That's an incorrect checksum on loading, it sometimes happens when updating the game. Resigned checksums are typically on 1 letter off.

I do have a request though.

is there anyway this change.
- Family palaces of vassals patricians are now properly removed when the liege of the doge becomes a merchant republic.

Could be in the Ndefines. I know for the base game it needs balanced out so fair and square, or else Republics will be unstoppable.
But for modding or own world creations. it ads expansions and more realisme.

Thank you Paradox :D love you guys so much, for fixing the commanders with a sword instead of the arrow icons.

Oh that is awesome finally can assign commanders where it should. instead of randomly.
You guys are awesome and do listen to feedbacks

Nope, same problems here. Fresh installs.

I've never played MP so I'm probably wrong, but desynching seems to imply games running at different speeds.

Maybe one things that could be done is to put all MP Players on the same game speed when they join a game, so everyone's game is on the same speed and can't be sped up or slowed down by the player.

If I'm wrong, though, please disregard my post. It's just a (Highly)uneducated guess...

My characters seem to be getting sick with great frequency with this patch, typhoid and measles especially, a couple dying. I was in a large MP game, everyone was getting sick.

Is this the vindictive work of the sick team members? :p

Also, it's been a very stable patch for MP.

Status
Not open for further replies.