Crusader Kings II - 2.4.2 OPEN BETA PATCH - NOT for problem reports! [checksum AJJW]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm I don't see any patch for the music volume when opening menus. Its annoying when volume goes up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, etc.... very annoying.
It's apparently WAD to mesh with ambient noise, but I imagine it will take more complex sound reworking if they want to keep the system, which I imagine they do if it's intended to be there now.
On the other hand, it's also a "small" issue compared to bugs and glitches.

Reactions:
Hmm I don't see any patch for the music volume when opening menus. Its annoying when volume goes up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, etc.... very annoying.
it's fixed now (off by default) in options there is a toggle to turn it on back again if you like it

Reactions:
It's apparently WAD to mesh with ambient noise, but I imagine it will take more complex sound reworking if they want to keep the system, which I imagine they do if it's intended to be there now.
On the other hand, it's also a "small" issue compared to bugs and glitches.

Yeah I guess its not game breaking like some of the other bugs, just annoying.
It would've been better if they included a on/off switch somewhere in the Menu->Settings->Audio..

EDIT: Just as I replied, someone confirmed what I just said... LOL, thanks Kerannymi.

Reactions:
One thing of note that i have noticed is that the Abbasids and the Ummayads have a difference CoA than they did before 2.4. The Abbasids use to have a red and green background with red crescent moon, now they have a green and yellow background with a white star. The Ummayads use to have a lightning bolt on grey/white background, now they have a green background with what appears to be one of those viking bird symbols.

Those are randomly generated I believe, like most faces, so after a patch/checksum change they'll look different. They do have actual COAs as part of one of the packs, can't recall which though.

Reactions:
- Added government effect builds_with_piety.
Awesome, thank you!

Just to confirm, this is only for building holdings, not for building buildings, correct?

Great to see this. Best wishes to all the ill members of the team.

Reactions:
so can anybody report if the performance issues still exist, have alleviated slightly or are gone?

Reactions:
Iberians and Italian portraits seem fixed, but Greeks are still the same it seems (using vanilla portraits on 1066+ starts)

Is this WAD? Great patch by the way.

Check game file integrity. It's fixed for me.

Reactions:
so can anybody report if the performance issues still exist, have alleviated slightly or are gone?
I haven't done a proper playtest yet of the beta, but with the short test I did: The game still stuttered much and was really slow for speed 4-5 (which just makes that speed unplayable for me).

Reactions:
I've noticed my framerates are back to where they should be for speeds 4 and 5 with this beta patch. But the only way to know for sure is to try it for yourself, as some people had no problems with the previous patch.

Reactions:
Just out of interest, just what is the "splash screen"?

Eg as in the following:

- It is now possible to access the splash screen with culture, religion and government features in the interface by clicking the Features button just to the right of the character portrait.

Just out of interest, just what is the "splash screen"?

Eg as in the following:
i think its the screen i noticed a few times as a dharmic nation, that told me about some stuff in the game

Good Job ! ...
This V2.4.2 works fine so far ...

With the exception of the Performance-Issues ...
If anything, I've noticed only a (very) slight Performance-Boost.

Reactions:
What are the government tags? I've tried nomadic, iqta, feudal, and all variates with caps and no caps, even abbreviations
Here is the list:
feudal_government
muslim_government
nomadic_government
merchant_republic_government
republic_government (unplayable land republics)
theocracy_government (unplayable)
tribal_government

Reactions:
I didn't get any event troops from taking the Djengis Kahn decision, aren't you supposed to? It changed my realm name to the Mongol Empire just fine and the other effects from the decision itself also worked out fine, but aren't more supposed to happen too?

I didn't get any event troops from taking the Djengis Kahn decision, aren't you supposed to? It changed my realm name to the Mongol Empire just fine and the other effects from the decision itself also worked out fine, but aren't more supposed to happen too?

nope

Status
Not open for further replies.