• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CzokletMuss

The Emprah
80 Badges
Apr 20, 2012
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
  • Cities in Motion
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
Pro Fide, Lege et Rege
-
Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth History 101

607px-Coat_of_Arms_of_the_Polish-Lithuanian_Commonwealth.svg.png

Pro Fide, Lege et Rege (Latin for "For Faith, Law and King") - an 18th-century motto of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth and then of Poland. It superseded the earlier Si Deus Nobiscum quis contra nos (Latin for "If God is with us, then who is against us") and was featured on a variety of buildings, military decorations and equipment. Today the slogan is used as the title of the Polish scientific journal of the Institute of Genealogy.

INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone,

Some of you may know me from CK2 AAR This Is Madness - Story Of The Crumbling Europe, in which dying Christendom led by House Angelos and descendants of Saint Markos Isapostolos is struggling to survive against hordes of Aztecs, Mongols and heretics. Those of you I would like to assure that „Pro Fide, Lege et Rege” would not divert my attention from This is Madness 2, which will continue the story of the first part of the AAR in the world of Europa Universalis. Those of you who do not know me I would like to welcome and invite to join the journey both through the EU4 gameplay and fascinating history of Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth.

This AAR will concentrate on two things. Firstly, I would play a 1444-1820 Ironman campaign as Poland and later Commonwealth, trying to become a great power, getting some achievements and leaving my mark on the fate of the world. With „Res Publica” and patch 1.7 both POL and PLC are much more interesting to play (I hope), so I guess the gameplay is going to be fun to read about on its own. Secondly, I'm going to use this occasion to explain and delve into some more interesting bits and pieces of the history and culture of the Commonwealth. I have to stress that though I'm a Pole and I've always been interested in history I'm not a historian, so please have this in mind while reading this AAR. My research will be based on Polish history textbooks and my general knowledge of history, so those of you who don't know Polish (that is, 99% of you) may find some information I'll present interesting – or biased – because what's available in English on the internet is rather limited.

Anyways, we'll see how this works; if you don't find this interesting, I'll just reverse to pure gameplay AAR. I think that's about it – below you can find some extra information about my plans and rules. Expect the first chapter to arrive soon after the patch and „Res Publica” are released. Have fun reading, folks!

Uniżony wasz sługa,
czokletmuss

RULES&PLANS

1. This is a gameplay AAR with some additional bits and pieces about history of the PLC.
2. EU4 1.7 Ironman on normal difficulty with Tooltip Font Mod (Ironman compatible)
3. No specific house rules or goals at the moment but I rather won't use cheese.
4. I'm not a native speaker so please tell me everytime I make a mistake so I may improve my English.