• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm so looking forward to this!

Seems like it'll become very interesting! Good luck! :)

Last edited:
Looking forwards to this! Don't railroad yourself too much (lest you get partitioned), but do feel free to roleplay the historical developments you seek to imitate and presumably also explore how Common Sense alters the Polish game.

...speaking of Polish games, one is definitely on my list of 1.12 campaigns, although a tall colonial England and a fairly wide Ottomans got their place in the sun beforehand.

It's gonna be interesting !
But don't forget This is Madness for Poland, it's not worth it :p (just kidding, I just fear you might get overextended with all that work)
Sounds great. I can't wait to see how your mod turns out. I hope you'll be able to handle the Commonwealth's historical enemies without blobbing (I'll miss the giant pink blob...). Build tall, not wide.
Good to see this back! I like the goals you've set, but I will admit that I wonder if you can change the nature of a man - based on your other AARs, it might be a struggle for you to keep Poland in its historic borders. ;)
I'm so looking forward to this!
Seems like it'll become very interesting! Good luck! :)
Great news! But wouldn't be more simple to open new topic?
Looking forwards to this! Don't railroad yourself too much (lest you get partitioned), but do feel free to roleplay the historical developments you seek to imitate and presumably also explore how Common Sense alters the Polish game.
...speaking of Polish games, one is definitely on my list of 1.12 campaigns, although a tall colonial England and a fairly wide Ottomans got their place in the sun beforehand.
Thanks everyone for kind words! :) I'm not going to ignore "Imperium Sine Fine", don't worry about that. And I think this thread suits me just fine - after all this is "Pro Fide Reloaded" so to speak, so no need to clutter the forum with another thread. As for railroading, well, we'll see how it works out. I'll stick closely to historical events in 15th century but by the time we reach year 1500 I expect Europe to be a very different place than it was historically, so I'll have to adapt somehow to what chaos RNG created.

In case you are wondering - the hotfix is out but Wiz said there will be a bigger patch this month (1.13 ?) in which important tweaks will be made. I'm talking about additional diplomats for countries on kingdom level, changes to ideas etc. I expect also the development in Easter Europe to change quite a bit, because from my experience (I played as Teutonic Order for some time in 1.12), Lithuania is ridiculously well developed while Muscowy barely can handle the hordes. In my playthrough as Byzantium currently (end of 16th century) PLC is Western and on par with tech with Austria and has unlocked 19 ideas, while Muscowy just a few years ago formed Russia and has 4 ideas. Which means that PLC with all unlocked National Ideas rolls over Russia every time.

Anyways, I hope the patch will be out soon so that I can finally start :)

Reactions:
Achievements can be earned in 1.13 BETA, and it should be save compatible (no guarantees). 1.13 BETA saves will work even when it stops being a beta.
1.13 BETA is compatible with 1.12 saves, but cloud ironman saves might not work.
Just a quick update - the beta patch was released and so I can finally start the Polish-Lithuanian campaign. Expect prologue/first chapter this week :)

Reactions:
CommonBlob shall be reborn! In all serious though, I look forward to more history lessons. Just hoping Lithuanians become an accepted culture this time.

I think with basetax changes in the region they will :)

EDIT: It seems that I put too much faith in 1.13 beta. The colonisation is broken, Reformation fires in mid 15th century and in general weird things happen. On the other hand Muscowy was slightly buffed, so that's a plus.

It seems I'll have to wait at least until 1.13.1 hotfix :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions:
hi czoklet, i loved how you worked on this :)
if you are wondering on nice max boundaries then accept my suggestion
Bez%2525C2%2525A0tytu%2525C5%252582u.png

i see no reason to expand more than this, whe nreached those borders only expansion i accept is overseas, madagascar and stuff ;) anyway would be nice to expand internally, showing cultural/religious change of the land and buildings developement :) and simply maintaining those borders :)

i see no reason to expand more than this, whe nreached those borders only expansion i accept is overseas, madagascar and stuff ;) anyway would be nice to expand internally, showing cultural/religious change of the land and buildings developement :) and simply maintaining those borders :)

This is distugsting.

How can you defend such borders :p

The whole Alania is already too much. A border on the Don would be more esthetic

I'm sorry but these borders are just ugly. I'm going to stick to historical events so right now I plan to expand to this extent:

800px-Rzeczpospolita2nar.png

and I'll think what to do next later. I may go for (using this map as a reference) rest of Ukraine, Silesia, some bits of Slovakia and maybe Baltics. Ideally I would like to get partitioned at least a little bit in 18th century but we will see whether AI will be capable of that ;)

BTW I've finished playing "Pro Fide Reloaded" until 1480 AFAIK but honestly I think beta 1.13 has too many issues (development, AE etc.) to continue. So I'll probably release first chapter covering 1444-1480 period and wait for the 1.13.1.

Reactions:
I'm sorry but these borders are just ugly. I'm going to stick to historical events so right now I plan to expand to this extent:

800px-Rzeczpospolita2nar.png

and I'll think what to do next later. Ideally I would like to get partitioned at least a little bit in 18th century but we will see whether AI will be capable of that ;)

BTW I've finished playing "Pro Fide Reloaded" until 1480 AFAIK but honestly I think beta 1.13 has too many issues (development, AE etc.) to continue. So I'll probably release first chapter covering 1444-1480 period and wait for the 1.13.1.

If it were me I'd also take Crimea and Northern Estonia but it's your call :p (I don't know if you can do the Northern Border with the current setup ?)

Reactions:
Czoklet, you could do a small mod which would add some disaesters and events which would make the game harder, but more entertaining. It would also give you occasion to speak about some real events which stroke the Commonwealth, and I know it is partially your goal. For example, Cossack Uprising or Political Weakness.

:( It wasn't about being pretty :( but how far realistically Poland could expand in Europe :( it could make some pushes west, it could master the remainder of khanates, but it couldnt and wouldnt master russia. it would fail to go further than this. :( eh nevermind :(

Reactions:
Czoklet, you could do a small mod which would add some disaesters and events which would make the game harder, but more entertaining. It would also give you occasion to speak about some real events which stroke the Commonwealth, and I know it is partially your goal. For example, Cossack Uprising or Political Weakness.
He already planned to make a mod

Reactions:
:( It wasn't about being pretty :( but how far realistically Poland could expand in Europe :( it could make some pushes west, it could master the remainder of khanates, but it couldnt and wouldnt master russia. it would fail to go further than this. :( eh nevermind :(
My first attempt at "Pro Fide" ended in a blobfest and bordergore, I'm sorry but I don't want this to happen again.

okok don't get angry at me :( i know this happens and i had set this for myself actually, i dont like gamey blobs either. i really look after you playing more inwards, building buildings and investing :)