• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That's weird, the cultures folder in common should have a "!.RICE_cultures.txt" file and the religions folder should have a "12_RICE_religions.txt" file
Ah shit, I was blind. Ok, only missing localizations then.

Hi all, I've just been trying to get the converter working, all was going well until I hit convert and the error I get is as followed:

[ERROR] CK3 version is v1.4.4, converter requires minimum v1.5!
[ERROR] Converter vs CK3 installation mismatch!

I've double checked my version is upto date on v1.5 and it defnintley is, which you can see from the attached screenshot.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• CK3_import_version.png
    CK3_import_version.png
    85,1 KB · Views: 0
Hi all, I've just been trying to get the converter working, all was going well until I hit convert and the error I get is as followed:

[ERROR] CK3 version is v1.4.4, converter requires minimum v1.5!
[ERROR] Converter vs CK3 installation mismatch!

I've double checked my version is upto date on v1.5 and it defnintley is, which you can see from the attached screenshot.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
No, that only shows your save is 1.5.1.1, not ck3 itself. I suggest doing a steam verify of the installation. Also you can check the game version from the launcher and from the game main screen once launched.

I've whitelisted it but it hasn't made a difference
There's really not much I can tell you. There is no error, and the converter appears to just die on your system doing image processing, something it doesn't normally do and certanly not on my system. Try running VC_redist.x64.exe inside, just in case, but if that doesn't help you'll need to ask someone else to convert for you.

No, that only shows your save is 1.5.1.1, not ck3 itself. I suggest doing a steam verify of the installation. Also you can check the game version from the launcher and from the game main screen once launched.
I did also check the launcher as well (forgot to mention) it was also at 1.5, same as my save game. I’ll give the steam verify a go and see if it fixes the issue, thanks

I verified the steam files and still get the same error, launcher version is the same version as my save game too.

Attachments

• CK3_launcher_version.png
    CK3_launcher_version.png
    73,2 KB · Views: 0
I verified the steam files and still get the same error, launcher version is the same version as my save game too.
Interesting. Upload log.txt please.

My antivirus keeps telling me the Jain frontend is Trojan horse malware, should I be worried or is this a common false positive?

EDIT:
I found the old post about this and threw the file into VirusTotal, the zip is flagged 8 times. Isn't that a bit much?

1650441114923.png

Last edited:
Hopefully its something small i've missed, haha
We're reading your E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Crusader Kings III\launcher\launcher-settings.json to grab the installation version. If you have 1.5.1.1 it should say so inside, like so:

1650442663410.png

If it says 1.4, you have a borked installation somehow and I suggest a full reinstall.

Alternatively, you can edit the ck3toeu4/configurables/version.txt and allow minimum conversion from 1.4, but I can't offer support if something goes wrong.

My antivirus keeps telling me the Jain frontend is Trojan horse malware, should I be worried or is this a common false positive?

EDIT:
I found the old post about this and threw the file into VirusTotal, the zip is flagged 8 times. Isn't that a bit much?

View attachment 830869
False positive from lazy security vendors. We're not certifying our software and they see that as an obvious threat. I actually tried to find out what Trojan.Lazy was, and there's no coherent explanation.

As before, my answer is unchanged. Use the converters if you trust us, don't if you don't.

• 1Like
Reactions:
We're reading your E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Crusader Kings III\launcher\launcher-settings.json to grab the installation version. If you have 1.5.1.1 it should say so inside, like so:

If it says 1.4, you have a borked installation somehow and I suggest a full reinstall.

Alternatively, you can edit the ck3toeu4/configurables/version.txt and allow minimum conversion from 1.4, but I can't offer support if something goes wrong.

Ahh that seems to be the issue. In my launcher settings the version is listed as 1.4.4. A complete re-install worked. Thanks for you help for figuring that out!

Last edited:
There's really not much I can tell you. There is no error, and the converter appears to just die on your system doing image processing, something it doesn't normally do and certanly not on my system. Try running VC_redist.x64.exe inside, just in case, but if that doesn't help you'll need to ask someone else to convert for you.
I've somehow managed to convert it but it says that the path to the mod is invalid
Screenshot 2022-04-20 134420.png