• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi! Really excellent converter, thank you so much.

Apologies if this has been asked before, but is this mod multiplayer compatible? I've tried converting a save and playing it with a friend of mine but we keep getting desync errors every 3 minutes or so and it's quite annoying.

EDIT: I just saw the above question haha, so I suppose this is the issue. Is EU4 screwing up multiplayer in the newest patch or something?
Eu4 multiplayer has never been friendly to mods. Last patch was reverted because even vanilla became unplayable. We cannot do anything about this.

Apologies if this has been asked before, but is this mod multiplayer compatible? I've tried converting a save and playing it with a friend of mine but we keep getting desync errors every 3 minutes or so and it's quite annoying.

EDIT: I just saw the above question haha, so I suppose this is the issue. Is EU4 screwing up multiplayer in the newest patch or something?

The reports I see on reddit say that multiplayer is very screwed up on several games lately.

The people I play MP with and myself all use 1.30.3 to play MP games. I'm not sure what happened with 1.30.4, but we could never get it to work. (You can change versions in the Beta tab of steam, all players must be on the same version)

Trying to convert, but at 5%, the converter keeps telling m about how there are no cached colours ad infinitum? not really even sure how it could be caused.

Attachments

• log.txt
    422,4 KB · Views: 0
Trying to convert, but at 5%, the converter keeps telling m about how there are no cached colours ad infinitum? not really even sure how it could be caused.
Hmm. Please upload your save.

Here you go. I might probably want to add that this was originally an ironman save turned into a regular one, though i'm fairly certain i converted it properly.
Yeah. That's not the case. Converter doesn't recognize this save as properly melted, nor is there a reason to melt saves before converting. Please put in ironman save or regularly saved game and all will be well.

Im having problems converting my game so here is the log

2021-03-04 08:14:10 [INFO] Frontend configuration loaded.
2021-03-04 08:14:10 [INFO] Frontend options loaded.
2021-03-04 08:14:10 [INFO] Previous configuration located, preloading selections.
2021-03-04 08:14:18 [INFO] SaveGame set to: C:\Users\spark\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\save games\We go good far.ck3
2021-03-04 08:15:56 [INFO] Converter exited at: 45 seconds.
2021-03-04 08:15:57 [ERROR] Converter Error! See log.txt for details.
2021-03-04 08:15:57 [ERROR] If you require assistance please upload log.txt to forums for a detailed post-mortem.

Im having problems converting my game so here is the log

2021-03-04 08:14:10 [INFO] Frontend configuration loaded.
2021-03-04 08:14:10 [INFO] Frontend options loaded.
2021-03-04 08:14:10 [INFO] Previous configuration located, preloading selections.
2021-03-04 08:14:18 [INFO] SaveGame set to: C:\Users\spark\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\save games\We go good far.ck3
2021-03-04 08:15:56 [INFO] Converter exited at: 45 seconds.
2021-03-04 08:15:57 [ERROR] Converter Error! See log.txt for details.
2021-03-04 08:15:57 [ERROR] If you require assistance please upload log.txt to forums for a detailed post-mortem.
Please upload log.txt.

I dont know how to find the log.txt. Where is it?
You just copy pasted a portion of the log from it. Just upload the whole file, thanx. It's inside the converter's directory.

I'm having a problem where I can convert my game, but the mod will not show up on the game launcher.

Here is how I have my paths, but I have tried sending the mod to the steam workshop folder, to no success.

1614890169680.png

The mod seems to be there, but it won't show up in my launcher like other mods.

1614890242982.png

Changelog-

Attachments

• 1614888994107.png
    1614888994107.png
    890,2 KB · Views: 0
  • 1614889305601.png
    1614889305601.png
    178,5 KB · Views: 0
  • 1614889342273.png
    1614889342273.png
    207 KB · Views: 0
  • log.txt
    20,2 KB · Views: 0
I'm having a problem where I can convert my game, but the mod will not show up on the game launcher.

Here is how I have my paths, but I have tried sending the mod to the steam workshop folder, to no success.

View attachment 688880
The mod seems to be there, but it won't show up in my launcher like other mods.

View attachment 688882
Changelog-
It's not your fault. You are publishing the mod instead of adding it to a playset and running it. I blame the unintuitiveness of the launcher for that.

Make a new playset. Add the mod to it. *Enable* that playset and play.

Do two things. Run VC_redist.x64.exe in converter directory and add the converter to your antivirus whitelist. Then retry.

Apologies if this has been answered already, is there an idiots guide for using the converter?

EDIT: Nevermind, i think i managed to work it out. Thanks for the mod!

Last edited:
I tried doing this and it said that one or more issues caused the setup to fail. here is the log.
You already have it installed, which it says in the log. I've never seen the converter just silently hang for a minute before dying. It's either disk full issue, antivirus issue or something else related to your computer, sorry.

Hi, this is the first tiem using the CK3 to EU4 convertor. I have run into a problem. the convetor said i had no errors. But I can play it on EU4. I have attached all the files of my save convetor. Could anyone help me out please?

Attachments

• Dbrownck3-eu4convetorfile.zip
    5,2 MB · Views: 0