• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Does this support the MB+ map extension when converting, and if not, are there any plans for it to be? I think I saw something in the update popup about it, but clicked too quickly to catch it by mistake.

So I've just got to say, this converter is miles better than the one you guys made for CK2 to EU4, for instance, the Pope changes his name when a new Pope is elected, instead of Pope Innocentius XXXVIII happening. I was wondering if it is possible, the birth of English culture never happened in my CK3 game, with Anglo Saxon England making it to the end-game, but instead of a unified Anglo culture, there are Wessexian and Essexian English cultures, etc. Is there any way to make the converter turn those regional dialects of English into just being English if Anglo Saxon English survives? I am unsure if American as a culture will form because despite Great Britain having the 13 Colonies, and other New World cultures, such as Platinean, in my S.A. colonies having formed, I don't see American anywhere in the 13 Colonies, despite plenty of the counties there having the primary culture of Essexian. I even tried to tag change the culture to New_English, but that hasn't done anything either.
Thanks!

Does this support the MB+ map extension when converting, and if not, are there any plans for it to be? I think I saw something in the update popup about it, but clicked too quickly to catch it by mistake.
No, we don't support More Bookmarks. I have no plans to support them either, so it'll have to wait for collaborator input. We have a few who tried but they all quit before finishing.

So I've just got to say, this converter is miles better than the one you guys made for CK2 to EU4, for instance, the Pope changes his name when a new Pope is elected, instead of Pope Innocentius XXXVIII happening. I was wondering if it is possible, the birth of English culture never happened in my CK3 game, with Anglo Saxon England making it to the end-game, but instead of a unified Anglo culture, there are Wessexian and Essexian English cultures, etc. Is there any way to make the converter turn those regional dialects of English into just being English if Anglo Saxon English survives? I am unsure if American as a culture will form because despite Great Britain having the 13 Colonies, and other New World cultures, such as Platinean, in my S.A. colonies having formed, I don't see American anywhere in the 13 Colonies, despite plenty of the counties there having the primary culture of Essexian. I even tried to tag change the culture to New_English, but that hasn't done anything either.
Thanks!
To control what happens with what culture edit configurables/culture_map.txt - and find:
## Splitting Anglo-Saxon

Below that are rules for mapping anglosaxon cultures - you can remap them all to "english" or "anglosaxon" to have a unified culture.

Didn't work.

And i don't think what you said is a problem actually, because my pc is in portuguese, i'm from Brazil.
Your issue is with the launcher, not the converter.
Your actual path is in English, NOT Portugese, because that's the way system works:
1711351294612.png

The folder names for "Users" and "Documents" get translated into Portugese but they remain english below and need to be english in the path.

If this is not the case and you indeed have everything in Portugese - then use that. Start command prompt and repeat my commands above to see what you have.

I don't know what you put in your path but it's probably something wrong - you can't have both "Users" (in english) and "Documentos" (in portugese) in the same path.

I can’t convert a save with the more bookmarks mod. "
[ERROR] CK3ToEU4Converter.exe: ImageTypeNotSupported `C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/workshop/content/1158310/2216670956//gfx/interface/icons/faith/wizrobed_protestant.dds' @ error/dds.c/ReadDDSImage/1767
2024-03-28 12:18:39 [INFO] Converter exited at: 145 seconds.
2024-03-28 12:18:39 [ERROR] Converter Error! See log.txt for details.
2024-03-28 12:18:39 [ERROR] If you require assistance please upload log.txt to forums for a detailed post-mortem."

Somehow, the HRE isn't working on the transfer. I did one where the Roman Empire turns into the HRE and it worked, but this one where the HRE existed in the borders of rome, it just shattered completely and no HRE is to be found.
1711644848622.png
1711644727277.png
1711644643607.png

Are you *sure* that's in fact HRE? It looks a lot like actual Rome... (Have you tried selecting Rome (3rd option) for HRE mechanics?).
Let me explain further:
There was a save where I selected "Rome" in the converter and it actually worked.
But now for the "HRE" option in the converter together with the HRE from my CK3 save, just blew up and there isn't an EU4 HRE.
1711664983066.png

Last edited:
Let me explain further:
There was a save where I selected "Rome" in the converter and it actually worked.
But now for the "HRE" option in the converter together with the HRE from my CK3 save, just blew up and there isn't an EU4 HRE.
View attachment 1104678
No, sorry, I don't understand anything. What are you trying to shatter, Rome or HRE? If there's a HRE and there's a Rome, and you're shattering Rome, that probably won't work because there's a HRE on the map already. Can't get HRE mechanics to form HRE if an actual HRE exists. Ditto for reverse, I think.

No, sorry, I don't understand anything. What are you trying to shatter, Rome or HRE? If there's a HRE and there's a Rome, and you're shattering Rome, that probably won't work because there's a HRE on the map already. Can't get HRE mechanics to form HRE if an actual HRE exists. Ditto for reverse, I think.
First scenario I tried to make Rome into HRE, it worked.
Second scenario I tried to make HRE into the HRE, didn't work.

Both cases I selected the correct respective options for each own.

First scenario I tried to make Rome into HRE, it worked.
Second scenario I tried to make HRE into the HRE, didn't work.

Both cases I selected the correct respective options for each own.
Ok, upload conversion's log.txt and that save, and any custom ck3 mods you may be using and I'll try to replicate.