• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
New update available !

Code:
~ Added: gambeson padded coif.
~ Added: northern nobility mail coif.
~ Added: western nobility mail coif.

~ Added: french translation.
~ Added: german translation thanks to Jadyv!
~ Added: russian translation thanks to Jeg0r!
~ Added: spanish translation thanks to Pastaboi!

~ Improved: mail coif animations.
~ Improved: standalone gambeson coif has random color variation.
~ Changed: "without neck" to "no neck guard" in localization.
~ Fixed: wrong century in Bascinet naming.

1600719541917.jpeg

Follow the development : https://discord.gg/tmb7cXT
Report issues OR drop suggestion : https://github.com/ElTyranos/CommunityFlavorPack/issues
Support the project : https://www.patreon.com/eltyranos

I hope you'll enjoy.

• 6Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Although I'm not really a fan of using helms in games because I prefer seeing the character's faces without being covered (including hair), I have to say that this is very well done. I could see myself using it on occasion or at least letting the AI use it and keep my own characters without the helms. I'll be very interested in seeing where this goes in terms of clothing and jewelry as those I'd be much more likely to be interested in. Keep up the great work!

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'll have to chime in and give a big thumbs up for this professional mod. There's a lot of diversity and I can't tell a difference in quality between this and the original models. Looking forward to more headwear and if possible clothing. Thanks a lot for your efforts!

• 1Love
Reactions:
  • 1Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Just wondering if you are planning to add any additional Byzantine style crowns, like the crown of Hungary.
1600969332102.png

I really hate the selection of crowns currently available in game, and have had my fingers crossed that a modder will add more.

Reactions:
Just wondering if you are planning to add any additional Byzantine style crowns, like the crown of Hungary.
View attachment 631291
I really hate the selection of crowns currently available in game, and have had my fingers crossed that a modder will add more.

I wouldn't say "hate", Vanilla crowns are actually very nicely made, and look the part. And if you want a Crown of St Stephen, there's the Crown of Constance which looks similar.

For my part, I'd like to suggest, humbly...

220px-Phil6france.jpg
Alfonso_X_el_Sabio_en_El_libro_de_los_juegos.jpg

Vanilla's royal mantle is good, but I'd like some variation when it comes to cloaks and mantles. And if they could imprint one's heraldry in them... that's be heavenly.

• 2Love
Reactions:
It'd be great to see French kings wearing those fleurs des lis robes.

It'd be great to see French kings wearing those fleurs des lis robes.

I think it'd be possible to make mantles with a repeated version of one charge present in the coat of arms. Castles for Castile, fleur-de-lys for France, lions for León, eagles for Germany, leopards or dragons for England... sometimes it may look wonky (the Aragon bars would look bad... but we can't have everything, and besides, apparently kings of Aragon don't ever appear in iconography dressed in their own heraldry (outside of war gear).

Reactions:
I think it'd be possible to make mantles with a repeated version of one charge present in the coat of arms. Castles for Castile, fleur-de-lys for France, lions for León, eagles for Germany, leopards or dragons for England... sometimes it may look wonky (the Aragon bars would look bad... but we can't have everything, and besides, apparently kings of Aragon don't ever appear in iconography dressed in their own heraldry (outside of war gear).
@El Tyranos knows his next task then, to find a way to make 'dynamic' robes for kings and emperors which use the ruler's primary title coat of arms as a pattern. :p

If this can't be done, perhaps put in a request to @SaintDaveUK in the GFX department... or at least for something similar/more practical.

You must not drown El Tyranos in suggestions. Let him figure things out first. They're doing great so far, we can't have them burned out.

Reactions:
Coats of arms are not static images but procedural and made with several layers, it's impossible, as far as I know, to convert them as a static texture that I could call on the fly.

Let's hope paradox will come with new systems in future updates. My personal top 1 would be a "era lock" for assets.

Meanwhile feel free to post your suggestions with references on GitHub (link in the first post)

• 4Like
Reactions:
Let's hope paradox will come with new systems in future updates. My personal top 1 would be a "era lock" for assets.
I'm flabbergasted this isn't already a thing. The tech system is perfect for it. It already simulates how trends slowly travels throughout the map to different cultures.

Reactions:
Coats of arms are not static images but procedural and made with several layers, it's impossible, as far as I know, to convert them as a static texture that I could call on the fly

But wouldn't it be possible that the clothing takes just one element from the CoA, not the entire CoA? This wouldn't take several layers, just one.