• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Coats of arms are not static images but procedural and made with several layers, it's impossible, as far as I know, to convert them as a static texture that I could call on the fly.

Let's hope paradox will come with new systems in future updates. My personal top 1 would be a "era lock" for assets.

Meanwhile feel free to post your suggestions with references on GitHub (link in the first post)
The Mount & Blade series has a code for applying heraldic emblems as textures on select models. Maybe you (or Paradox) could take inspiration from that. Asides from heraldic clothing this could facilitate creating textures for variation of the same clothing.

There is a difference between GUI and real time 3D. The heraldy, wherever it is, is a layered alpha textures called from a database (shape, trim, symbols, colors). You can't bring that live on a 3d model without a serious 3d renderer support, that means deep coding at core level with a proper shader, not just picking a GUI script and "run it on a model".

Atm I only tried to run the shader from the boats as they display heraldy on their flags, but it's not working for portraits.

There is a difference between GUI and real time 3D. The heraldy, wherever it is, is a layered alpha textures called from a database (shape, trim, symbols, colors). You can't bring that live on a 3d model without a serious 3d renderer support, that means deep coding at core level with a proper shader, not just picking a GUI script and "run it on a model".

Atm I only tried to run the shader from the boats as they display heraldy on their flags, but it's not working for portraits.
I see. Fingers crossed they implement the necessary support or you get it to work.

Viking pack 2 update is now available !

~ Added: Drakkar longships for Vikings, Anglo-Saxons and Normans.
~ Added: Sutton Hoo helmet, a crown for anglo-saxons independent Kings and Petty Kings (thanks to Patreons' funding).
~ Added: Vikings at war will randomly carry a round shield on their back (cloak slot).
~ Added: northern gambeson padded armor.
~ Added: footman Viking helmet.
~ Added: noble Viking helmet.
~ Added: tribal Nasal helmet.
~ Improved: other cultures than Norses will not use Viking helmets anymore.
~ Improved: adjusted headgears spawn ratios.
~ Improved: formatting.
~ Fixed: Gjermundbu Viking helmet scale to avoid nose tip to pass through.
~ Fixed: Vendel Viking helmet anims.
~ Fixed: file encoding.

promo1.jpg
promo8.jpg
1601231224081.png

Disclaimer : this update may break compatibility with other flavor mods (especially if they modify clothing). Unfortunately, the way the game is coded does not allow to append code (e.g. to change a very specific class or value), you have to overwrite actual game files entirely. If two mods change the same files, they will create incompatibilities. There is nothing that can be done excepted one thing : cooperation and compatibility patches between mods. I am willing to make this possible - if you are mod creator please contact me so we can sort it out clean and user friendly. Other than that there is nothing I can do.

Follow the development : https://discord.gg/tmb7cXT
Report issues OR drop suggestion : https://github.com/ElTyranos/CommunityFlavorPack/issues

Unlike coding, 3D development costs a lot. Indeed, licences are expensive [1],[2], and modern workflows often require side costs (brushes, materials). Between 2018 and 2020 my modding budget was above 1000$. Feel free support the project : https://www.patreon.com/eltyranos

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
TIme to Sutton Hoo!

PS: Does that mean that independent AS kings will always be wearing a mask and not showing their faces? I don't know if that's optimal.

Conditions : being anglo-saxon culture AND being independent AND being at least Petty King (= Duke).
If true, then Sutton-Hoo has 33% percent chance to be used (vanilla western crowns are still in use, 33% each).
During my own testing it never spawned more than twice, only because wessex partitioned into 4 duchies as I killed the title holder with dev mode :D Otherwise it will likely only be used by one person in the entire world.

• 1Like
Reactions:
First of all: Thanks for your brillant work! Just a quick observation: After updating your mod via Steam, all norse (swedish, finnish) catholics are naked... They're still catholics though! ;)

All other catholics wear clothes (as it should be). Any idea how this could happen? Your mod was the only ones I updated between two sessions, so it may be the culprit...

Edit: I pushed your mod to the end of the load order. It's working again. Seems as if there was another mod that got in the way (could be "Clothing Tweaks" as that one makes changes to the clothing as well). My norsemen are now good catholics again (although I liked it as a change of pace).

Last edited:
Love all the the new items you've added, especially the Sutton Hoo helmet but I can't help but feel the gold is a bit too shiny, almost like its molten. Are you able to change that or is the model not fully modifiable?

• 1Love
Reactions:
1.1 patch compatibility hotfix is out
~ Fixed: 1.1 update compatibility (8 files changed with 1,294 additions and 386 deletions).
~ Fixed: mistake in English localization from Viking Pack 2 update.

1.1 patch compatibility hotfix 2 is out
~ Fixed: potentially invisible female viking helmet 01.
~ Fixed: due to headgear assignment changes in 1.1, vassal duchesses could use the Sutton Hoo helmet.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Is this compatible with viet. Do you guys plan to make a large immersion mod with other mods like they did in ck2?

Bit late but I just noticed this - this should be compatible with VIET. I don't touch vanilla files and just tack on my own, so unless this mod directly changes my own code for whatever reason (which I'm pretty sure it doesn't), then it should be fine.

• 3Like
Reactions:
View attachment 636648

Update is coming soon (tm).

Looks amazing. Great job on the mouth-covering piece.

I know I've been making similar requests for a while, but I just can't get past how weird coif-less helmets look like... I know you strife for variety, but I'm getting tired of barbershopping everyone wearing a coif-less helmet and changing their appearance. Is there a way to edit the files myself to reduce the chance of this happening?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I know I've been making similar requests for a while, but I just can't get past how weird coif-less helmets look like...

Well...

New update is out !

promo7.jpg
promo4.jpg
promo2.jpg
promo3.jpg

Changelog:
~ Added: Teutonic order tabard.
~ Added: crowned western mail coif.
~ Added: missing female variant of the Constance crown model.
~ Added: missing female variant of the Imperial byzantine crown.
~ Added: missing female variant of the Reichkrone model.
~ Added: new indian imperial crown variant without cap and feather.
~ Added: new sub-saharan imperial crown variant without headwrap.
~ Added: new sub-saharan royalty crown variant without turban.

-- Vanilla content changes
~ Changed: HRE and Western cultural groups to use the vanilla crusader helmet.
~ Changed: HRE culture has 25% chance to use a Western armor (similar type)
~ Changed: Western culture has 25% chance to use a HRE armor (similar type).
~ Changed: Byzantine cultural kings will use western crowns as long as there's not more variety, so they don't use the same crown as the Byzantine emperor and empress.
~ Improved: Byzantine emperor can equip Constance Crown.
~ Improved: Byzantine empress will use Constance Crown by default.
~ Improved: HRE empress now has a 50% chance to use Reichkrone.
~ Improved: only HRE and Western high nobility (dukes) will use the crowned war headgears.
~ Improved: unlocked to AI several vanilla Abbasid and HRE court clothes.

-- Better looking CFP headgear
~ Improved: Roman Xth century aventail helmet is now supporting alphas. Face will be slightly visible behind the mail.
~ Improved: Roman Xth century aventail helmet won't hide your beard anymore.
~ Improved: Flat Kettle hat now displays a gambeson coif.
~ Improved: Footman Nasal now displays a simple mail coif.
~ Improved: Noble Nasal now displays a western mail coif.
~ Improved: Pointy Kettle hat now displays a gambeson coif.
~ Improved: Riveted Kettle hat now displays a simple mail coif.
~ Improved: Roman helmet without aventail now displays a mail coif.
~ Improved: Tribal Nasal now displays a gambeson coif.
~ Improved: Vanilla Byzantine helm 2nd variant now displays a simple mail coif.
~ Improved: Vanilla Nasal 2nd variant now displays a northern mail coif.
~ Improved: tribal nasal now displays a gambeson coif.
~ Improved: updated Tribal Nasal textures.

-- Garments of the Holy Roman Empire DLC owners :
~ Added: crowned great helm.
~ Added: crowned noble nasal.
~ Added: unlocked an hidden vanilla HRE high nobility crown.
Paid content cannot become free.

-- General changes
~ Improved: headgears spawn ratios.
~ Improved: added localizations for new female crowns.
~ Fixed: Norse helmets won't appear first in the barbershop list but back to their place after northern helmets.
~ Fixed: headgears set_tags values for better hair and beard compatibility.
~ Fixed: several mesh collisions.

-- Known issue
Due to an incomprehensible export issue leading to a D3D engine error, 4 headgear will have clipping issue if the character is fat
(fe)male_headgear_secular_dde_hre_war_high_nobility_01
(fe)male_headgear_secular_dde_hre_war_high_nobility_02
(fe)male_headgear_secular_byzantine_war_roman_02
(fe)male_headgear_secular_northern_war_nasal_03

New roadmap will be published soon.
Follow the development : https://discord.gg/tmb7cXT
Report issues OR drop suggestion : https://github.com/ElTyranos/CommunityFlavorPack/issues
Support the project : https://www.patreon.com/eltyranos

• 6Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
Awesome! :)