• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
(Not that I am going to secretly arm the communist rebels or anything)

((Quite apart from the fact that that would be treasonous and probably punishable by death and other nasty things, don't you think that your character is now so outspoken that he seems to be a liability to put in a ministerial role?))

I believe that Senator Palaiologos has already claimed the Armaments Minister post, if I am not mistaken.
I am sorry, I was reassigned to Minister of Intelligence, The Ministry of Armaments is now highly efficient thanks to me and I felt like I was no longer needed in that post. Feel free to take that post although I will watch you closely Senator Gael for any treason with your Communist nonsense.
- Senator Palaiologos

Reactions:
I am sorry, I was reassigned to Minister of Intelligence, The Ministry of Armaments is now highly efficient thanks to me and I felt like I was no longer needed in that post. Feel free to take that post although I will watch you closely Senator Gael for any treason with your Communist nonsense.
- Senator Palaiologos
Thank you for clarifying, Senator Palaiologos, though I would prefer you leave the "watch you closely" stuff to the Ministry of Security.

Reactions:
I feel a bit unsafe in a communist as armanents minister.... I feel as if he might, just might arm the communist rebels....
Keep an eye on him please Doukas.

If what you say is true palaiogos, then it should only take a year or two before we wipe out those fanatical bastrads.

Reactions:
"Ministries intruding on other ministries' duties is quite popular of late, don't you know?"

Reactions:
"I was replying to Senator Doukas, not you, Senator Marco."

Reactions:
Thank you for clarifying, Senator Palaiologos, though I would prefer you leave the "watch you closely" stuff to the Ministry of Security.
How am I supposed to gather intelligence without watching someone closely? You can bumble around in your boots and shoot people while calling that your "job" but the Ministry of Intelligence, under my command, is highly efficient and needs to keep watch on all dangers of society.
I feel a bit unsafe in a communist as armanents minister.... I feel as if he might, just might arm the communist rebels....
Keep an eye on him please Doukas.

If what you say is true palaiogos, then it should only take a year or two before we wipe out those fanatical bastrads.
Do not worry Senator Marco, as the Minister of Intelligence, I will be sure to keep watch on every threat to society.

It will only take a year or two to wipe out the fanatics. I assure you of that.
"Ministries intruding on other ministries' duties is quite popular of late, don't you know?"
Are you insulting me?

Reactions:
Any suggestion that I would use a ministerial position to undermine the authority of the Emperor is vicious slander, though our party works to change the system we have never spoken about any issue with the Emperor.

However when the common man feels that his voice is not listened to even our voices can not still the flame of revolution. I am more than willing if the Emperor were to request our parties assistance in setting forth a raft of social and political policies that will strength the Emperor's rule, increase productivity and make our nation a beacon before the world!

- Senator Gael

Reactions:
Any suggestion that I would use a ministerial position to undermine the authority of the Emperor is vicious slander, though our party works to change the system we have never spoken about any issue with the Emperor.

However when the common man feels that his voice is not listened to even our voices can not still the flame of revolution. I am more than willing if the Emperor were to request our parties assistance in setting forth a raft of social and political policies that will strength the Emperor's rule, increase productivity and make our nation a beacon before the world!

- Senator Gael
Hahahahaha, no. Communism tricks the people into believing that they are doing something good. Fascism is what the future of this Empire is.

-Senator Christophoros Palaiologos

Reactions:
No, we need a middle ground between fascism and communism. The former leads to unnecessary violence, the latter (taken to extremes) encourage revolution. We need to integrate ideas from both ways into our system for the Empire' continued prosperity.

Reactions:
((Isn't it fun when Patrikioi and the Varangians have exactly the same policy decisions?))

"If the Empire's path lies only in navigating between fascism and communism, clearly we have abandoned our principles and might as well lie down to die like a starving dog.

"We should educate the masses in proper Greek traditions, improve working conditions so that people are not making a decision to die at work or die at home (or on the street), and then we should improve the production base, so that the plebs might have a few of the little luxuries in life that will make them feel well-cared for."

Reactions:
That actually seems like a good idea, and I think it won't be that hard to fund.

Reactions:
((Isn't it fun when Patrikioi and the Varangians have exactly the same policy decisions?))

"If the Empire's path lies only in navigating between fascism and communism, clearly we have abandoned our principles and might as well lie down to die like a starving dog.

"We should educate the masses in proper Greek traditions, improve working conditions so that people are not making a decision to die at work or die at home (or on the street), and then we should improve the production base, so that the plebs might have a few of the little luxuries in life that will make them feel well-cared for."
Actually, that is a decent idea, as long as we don't forget the ideas of Romanitas that guided the Old Empire.

Reactions:
(( I wish I could remember what I was thinking when I set the party issues back when I was first converting this over. Though maybe I'll review my notes and things later today and silently make some changes. ))

Actually, that is a decent idea, as long as we don't forget the ideas of Romanitas that guided the Old Empire.

"Of course it's a decent idea, Senator Doukas. By improving work conditions, we both oil the wheels of commerce and labour and remove perhaps the biggest reason for the plebs to revolt. Even if that is not enough, we will ensure that every citizen is granted at least a basic Greek education, Hellenising the world through the pen, rather than the sword, leaving no hard feelings on that front, and ensuring that all free men everywhere think with one accord.

"More cynically, since you mentioned the Old Empire, my plan also involves the liberal use of panem et circenses, so that the plebs are watered, fed and lettered sufficiently that they actively wish not to rebel, given the significant drop in life's pleasures if the Empire were to withdraw from whichever poky village in the middle of nowhere that they choose to inhabit."

Reactions: