• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((no, the conversion was fine, if you look back earlier in this thread you'll see maps where Mexico's territory are contiguous))
((My bad, the USA AI doesn't care for pretty borders.))

HOW DID AN INTRUDER GET IN HERE AGAIN?! I DO NOT WANT A REPEAT OF 5-9! GUARDS, SEIZE THIS MAN AND TAKE HIM TO THE INTERROGATION CHAMBERS!

Greetings, Senator Smithereens (weird name you got there, is it a Levantine name or something?). Glad to see the Foederatoi's recruitment campaigns are paying off. Also, you are a senator of the Empire now, so please speak like we do or we may not be able to take you seriously.
Senators, I do not believe a major expedition into Arabia would be necessary. Taking the holy sites of Mecca and Medina would severely damage our relations with the Muslim world and possibly with Muslims living within the Empire. We could send a few expeditions there to check out the surroundings and possibly seize Syria and the territories near the Mediterranean, but I will not support any far-fetched excursion into a hostile desert. There's a reason they call it the Rub al-Khali--the Empty Quarter. Maybe establish a few outposts to secure control over this "black sludge" you speak of before the Arabs can...

~Doukas

Reactions:
I hope you do not say that I am an intruder. I am the distinguished Ovulur Kishiev, mind you.
If not now, then at some point we must seriously consider this though. Even if it means integrating the region peacefully into the Empire, we must do something before another nations acts.

-Senator Kishiev

((Kind of hope another nation becomes a powerful rival to us at some point, would make this very interesting))

Reactions:
I hope you do not say that I am an intruder. I am the distinguished Ovulur Kishiev, mind you.
If not now, then at some point we must seriously consider this though. Even if it means integrating the region peacefully into the Empire, we must do something before another nations acts.

-Senator Kishiev

((Kind of hope another nation becomes a powerful rival to us at some point, would make this very interesting))

((We lost to Russia in a war before at least))

-Senator Kishiev

My apologies, I was not referring to you as the intruder, Senator Kishiev. Surely you witnessed the man who burst into the Senate room and clamored for an invasion of Arabia shortly before the arrival of Senator Smithereens?
Yes, Arabia is a strategically important location. However, rushing headlong into the desert right now, what with a Cult of pagans out to kill us all, would not be the best idea. I am advocating for a gradual settlement of the region, setting up outposts and protectorates in the area before setting up a full administration.

((Currently we're treating Russia and possibly Germany as rivals.))

~Doukas

Reactions:
I see, well let's hope we can take advantage of it once we have the ability to.

-Senator Kishiev

((Well I mean a rival in a way that America and the USSR were rivals. Two equally matched countries.))

Reactions:
I see, well let's hope we can take advantage of it once we have the ability to.

-Senator Kishiev

((Well I mean a rival in a way that America and the USSR were rivals. Two equally matched countries.))
((In that case I have no idea. The Empire is like vanilla UK here. Maybe if Ming westernizes it could be a threat...)

There is true in what you say Senator Smithereens, but Arabic nations are quiet and I think that our Legions will better serve guarding our northern borders with Russia, which seems quite aggressive recently.

Reactions:
niccolomac384159.html
Im calling on the senate to call a motion to expand our empire otherwise I must ask the senate to call for elections since we need leaders that are willing to expand and not stay with the status quo

Senator Smithereens

Get this lunatic out of the senate!

-Moustakas

Reactions:
Elections? In the Empire?

Senator Michelangelo Favero bursts out laughing.

I haven't had such a good laugh in ages. The idea of letting peasants decide the fate of the Empire instead of our beloved Empress is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

- Senator Michelangelo Favero

Reactions:
Elections? In the Empire?

Senator Michelangelo Favero bursts out laughing.

I haven't had such a good laugh in ages. The idea of letting peasants decide the fate of the Empire instead of our beloved Empress is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Why should the peasants be burdened with such responsibility, right? Let the Empress handle it all for them so they don't have to.

~Doukas

Reactions:
Why should the peasants be burdened with such responsibility, right? Let the Empress handle it all for them so they don't have to.

~Doukas

She has the wisdom and intelligence that has run in her bloodline for generations. With our advice, she is surely the most qualified person in the entire Empire to decide its fate.

Reactions:
She has the wisdom and intelligence that has run in her bloodline for generations. With our advice, she is surely the most qualified person in the entire Empire to decide its fate.

Yes, advice and not these silly "petitions" which act as if they have the authority to order her around.

~Doukas

Reactions:
(( Well, looks like there's some activity, so I'll wait to do the next part of the update. :) ))

(( okay, this has gotten out of control. I'm going to need you all to stop, and then I'll need to edit this into something coherent before my update (which may be a few more days off, thanks to my car breaking down again). ))

Reactions:
Reactions:
(( Yep, OOC comments are in the double-parenthesis. Also, you guys can just go and delete the comments you'd prefer excluded. Saves me the effort of figuring out what's official or not. ))