• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As I said before, I'm strongly supporting idea of expanding our Empire in the Far East. I recommend claiming Taiwan as it is the closest territory to asian mainland (especially China) without going to war with so called Celestial "Empire". Also, if that is not to much to ask, I would like to see some of Empire's cartographers maps regarding core territories of Poland, Ukraine and Livonian Order to ensure that there should not be any conflict or crisis within our Sphere?

- Alexios Damaskinos

Reactions:
First off, apologies for ranting about the Castilians and Chagatai. I haven't seen maps of the Empire in a while.
While I also support expansion into Eastern Asia, I must say that we should be careful with our actions taken there. Taking Ming ports would not be a good idea. Although we would gain footholds in the East and potentially gain new resources, we would have to spend many more resources managing the new colonies. The Chinese do not take kindly to being under foreign rule, and it would take ages to educate all of them in Roman ways and effectively assimilate them into the Empire. If Your Highness still wishes to invade China, though, I recommend going after the gold mines of Caozhou.
That being said, we should seize the Russian possessions in the Pacific, especially Taiwan and the Philippines. They would weaken our enemy and also serve the same purpose as footholds in China, only easier to manage and without Chinese cores to provoke the Celestial Empire.
Perhaps we could seek out a trading agreement or an alliance with the Celestial Empire? The original Empire under the Caesars established friendly trading relations with the Han Empire thousands of years ago. They would be a useful ally against the Russians, and if we help them to "westernize," a Sino-Roman alliance will be unstoppable. That is just my opinion though, Basilissa. The choice is yours.

Reactions:
It looks like I have a bit of catching up to do from your end in EU III and now in Victoria II... :p

At least it's not too long. :rolleyes:

Glory to the Empire!

I agree with my fellow senators great Empress, those lands in the Phillippines would seem to be a great addition to the Empire. In fact I am sure my son Γιώργος would be an able adiminstrator of any lands that were to come into our possession from such a venture.

Reactions:
My Empress, whilst the victory over Russia and the restoration of the Borderlands is worth celebrating, we must remember that the region of Lithuania is still under the control of the Russians. We must find a way to diplomatically return these lands to the Borderlands as soon as we can. I agree with my fellow senators in regards of expanding into Southeast Asia.

I would also like to re-suggest the idea of uniting the Germans. If we assist Germany in bringing Bavaria under its fold, I have no doubt that they would want to remain our allies. Denmark, on the other hand, should regain the territory of Jutland, thus allowing its German territories to be taken by Germany.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Excellent idea, uniting the Germans. Isn't their empire called Germany for a reason?
Anything that weakens the Russians will benefit us at this point

Reactions:
Excellent idea, uniting the Germans. Isn't their empire called Germany for a reason?

I'm afraid senator Nikephoros Doukas, that I can't agree with you. I would say that uniting the Germans will weaken us more than the Russians. After making alliance with Poland and Livonia, and making Ukraine independent, I think that Germany has no reason to go to war with Russia. Further more, if we let Germans unite, Germany would go after us, taking into account that they consider some of our lands their cores. I will say more, this could even strengthen Russia because of possible Anti-Roman coalition led by Germany and Russia.

- Alexios Damaskinos

Reactions:
While our most recent conflict was a major success I recommend that we re-organize the legions before we engage in another conflict. Perhaps it is time to return to the old system of 10. For the moment we can use 4 infantry, 4 cavalry, 1 engineer, and one dragoon. This method of combined arms ensures that the legions are always prepared. As always I am your humble servant Basiliia and seek to help where I can.

(( I'll have a proper in-character answer later, but wouldn't this be a worse build in Vic2? I thought cavalry was useful for recon and flanking, that artillery was the true killer, and that infantry was also really good ( and protects the artillery). Also, 10 divisions per legion would leave them vastly outnumbered in any given fight. But I'm not great at the army side of things, so I could be wrong. ))

Reactions:
(( I'll have a proper in-character answer later, but wouldn't this be a worse build in Vic2? I thought cavalry was useful for recon and flanking, that artillery was the true killer, and that infantry was also really good ( and protects the artillery). Also, 10 divisions per legion would leave them vastly outnumbered in any given fight. But I'm not great at the army side of things, so I could be wrong. ))
{{ Well I don't see why put that much cavalry. One cuirassier and dragon is more than enough in an army I think }}

89. 1846-1849 - Senators Speak
Would not our recent conflict with Persia in the Russian war involve a truce with that nation? It would be unwise to attack them again so soon so as to not invoke the ire of the international community. Both Hedjaz and Iraq possess desirable land in the Indies. The territory in the Philippines and Taiwan could be beneficial to the Empire in particular. Either seems a fine target, which I will leave at your discretion, Empress.

- Michelangelo Favero

My heartiest congratulations to you, noble Basilissa, on the great victory over the Rus and the establishment of a Slavic border state between our two powers. Domination of the spice trade would seem like an excellent next step and would perhaps check the growing power of the East Asian blocs.

~ Kyriakos Angelos

While our most recent conflict was a major success I recommend that we re-organize the legions before we engage in another conflict. Perhaps it is time to return to the old system of 10. For the moment we can use 4 infantry, 4 cavalry, 1 engineer, and one dragoon. This method of combined arms ensures that the legions are always prepared. As always I am your humble servant Basiliia and seek to help where I can.

I do think we should expand Roman power into the Far East. Russian lands in New Guinea are a tempting target, but I also do support taking some Ming ports.

- Pontitus Caristanius Galilo

As I said before, I'm strongly supporting idea of expanding our Empire in the Far East. I recommend claiming Taiwan as it is the closest territory to asian mainland (especially China) without going to war with so called Celestial "Empire". Also, if that is not to much to ask, I would like to see some of Empire's cartographers maps regarding core territories of Poland, Ukraine and Livonian Order to ensure that there should not be any conflict or crisis within our Sphere?

- Alexios Damaskinos

First off, apologies for ranting about the Castilians and Chagatai. I haven't seen maps of the Empire in a while.
While I also support expansion into Eastern Asia, I must say that we should be careful with our actions taken there. Taking Ming ports would not be a good idea. Although we would gain footholds in the East and potentially gain new resources, we would have to spend many more resources managing the new colonies. The Chinese do not take kindly to being under foreign rule, and it would take ages to educate all of them in Roman ways and effectively assimilate them into the Empire. If Your Highness still wishes to invade China, though, I recommend going after the gold mines of Caozhou.
That being said, we should seize the Russian possessions in the Pacific, especially Taiwan and the Philippines. They would weaken our enemy and also serve the same purpose as footholds in China, only easier to manage and without Chinese cores to provoke the Celestial Empire.
Perhaps we could seek out a trading agreement or an alliance with the Celestial Empire? The original Empire under the Caesars established friendly trading relations with the Han Empire thousands of years ago. They would be a useful ally against the Russians, and if we help them to "westernize," a Sino-Roman alliance will be unstoppable. That is just my opinion though, Basilissa. The choice is yours.

Glory to the Empire!

I agree with my fellow senators great Empress, those lands in the Phillippines would seem to be a great addition to the Empire. In fact I am sure my son Γιώργος would be an able adiminstrator of any lands that were to come into our possession from such a venture.

My Empress, whilst the victory over Russia and the restoration of the Borderlands is worth celebrating, we must remember that the region of Lithuania is still under the control of the Russians. We must find a way to diplomatically return these lands to the Borderlands as soon as we can. I agree with my fellow senators in regards of expanding into Southeast Asia.

I would also like to re-suggest the idea of uniting the Germans. If we assist Germany in bringing Bavaria under its fold, I have no doubt that they would want to remain our allies. Denmark, on the other hand, should regain the territory of Jutland, thus allowing its German territories to be taken by Germany.

I'm afraid senator Nikephoros Doukas, that I can't agree with you. I would say that uniting the Germans will weaken us more than the Russians. After making alliance with Poland and Livonia, and making Ukraine independent, I think that Germany has no reason to go to war with Russia. Further more, if we let Germans unite, Germany would go after us, taking into account that they consider some of our lands their cores. I will say more, this could even strengthen Russia because of possible Anti-Roman coalition led by Germany and Russia.

- Alexios Damaskinos

Clerks rush in, providing the maps that Senator Damaskinos had requested.

89-38.png

89-39.png

89-40.png

(( You have until Tuesday evening to get in any last responses. Also as a reminder, please include your Senator's name either in you signature or in a byline. And wrap out-of-character comments in these double parenthesis. Thanks!

Edit: It looks like the unequal treaty decision and events can be included. I'll put them in. ))

Last edited:
As we can see on the map, both Livonia and Poland consider Lithuania as their core provinces. It would be better to let Russia keep it in future, if we let one of them take it, then we might face war between countries in our Sphere. Poland and Livonia are too weak to declare their own war for Lithuania against Russia, so it is up to us, to not make mistake in future by forgetting this issue.

- Alexios Damaskinos

(( One more question, Poland and Livonia have claims on eachother, can they form some sort of united country? The same goes for Ukraine (propably with Russia). ))

Reactions:
Why does it look like Ukraine has cores on all of Russia?

-Senator Doukas

Reactions:
We can't let Russians have such a gate to the west :
The best option would be to free an independent Lithuania if such thing is possible. Otherwise I would advise to give the remaining territories to the Livonian Order ; we can't help Poland anymore

-Basileios Rellis

Reactions:
Independent Lithuania would mean that Poland or Livonia will invade it, so it is useless. But one thing must be said: We needed Poland to defend Europe from Russian barbarians, now we should concentrate on Ukraine-Russia border, in fact, Poland is of no use to us anymore and it can cause trouble in future (disputed territory with Livonia).

- Alexios Damaskinos

Reactions:
I hope that Roman might would prove sufficient to repel barbarians Senator Damaskinos, should they decide to go against our will
-Basileios Rellis

Reactions:
If we were to go to war with Russia some time in the future to take their Baltic territory, I would favour handing it over to Livonia over Poland. They consider the entire region theirs, while Poland does not. It would also put them on more equal footing. I also agree with Senator Damaskinos on that Poland's importance as a buffer against Russia is no longer an issue, so it would serve better to aid Livonia first. However, Poland is not completely useless to us. Their mere existence keeps the German states from growing too strong. If anything, we can use them to weaken states like Bavaria, who even holds land Poland claims.

- Michelangelo Favero

Reactions:
(( Ukrainian is part of the East Slavic culture group, thus the yellow they have on Russia and that Russia has on them. Russia is the culture-group leader, so nothing new can be formed, and with no Russian cores on Ukraine, I don't think pan-nationalist are a possibility.

Poland, Livonia, and the Russian strip in between could become a cultural union (Poland-Lithuanian Commonwealth) if the conditions were right, like one of them getting the Russian bit back and the other in their sphere. ))

(( Nope, no cores for Lithuania ))