Ad Astra! ... an Aurora Forum Game, run by blue emu

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I suggest we immediately retreat from the star system in question and leave it in the hands of the Grooms. No use risking angering the aliens by a risky gamble for some newfangled rocks!*

* Look at my traits! I have no choice!

I am under that condition that if it discovers that THEY have settled a planet, the ship goes home without further ado.

Any free spot for a new char? (except fighter?)

We have several spots for Naval Auxiliary pilots (Colony Ships, Freighters, Tankers, etc), plus a few scientists. We may eventually need Spies (to try and gain strategic info or steal techs from the Andromedans). Spying is a dangerous job, though... you get executed (and perhaps eaten) if you're caught.

Planetary Herald, May 2nd 2026.
Personals section.

"It is strongly suggested that one Arilou keeps his opinions to himself. It has also become known to some of us that the car model that he drives has a fatal flaw and can have a catastrophic failure at any moment. Whatever that model is.
Anonymous benefactors". :D

November 17th 2026. Terraforming efforts continue on Mars. The biologically inert greenhouse gas that we've been pumping into the Martian atmosphere now makes up 30% of the total atmospheric pressure. Its concentration has passed that of Carbon Dioxide, leaving it second to Nitrogen as the dominant gas in the atmosphere. The average global temperature of Mars is now four degrees higher than it was eleven months ago, when the terraforming efforts began.

Can we terraform precisely, i.e. regulate the atmospheric composition by just inserting the gases we want, or does the system also model have positive and negative feedback effects, e.g. can Mars turn into a second Venus if we put up too much greenhouse gases? In the latter case, I would suggest that Telesien restricts SUV usage on Mars and lets things run their natural way for a bit...

how do these Andromedeans look like anyway? :)

It was back a few pages ago. Basically droopy faces with horse brushes for hair.

sounds good to me. As a sidenote, how are the shipping lines doing?

They've set up civilian mining operations on about five moons and asteroids, and we're making about 175 megabucks per year taxing the mines and shipping operations.

Also, I'm requesting assignment to command a grav-survey ship if any are available.

Unfortunately, the Scout Ship roster is full. We still have Tankers, Freighters and Colony ships... as well as defense installations (Missile Bases, Fighter Bases, Point Defense Bases with RADAR and anti-missiles), scientists, and three remaining staff positions at Fleet Ops.

Can we terraform precisely, i.e. regulate the atmospheric composition by just inserting the gases we want, or does the system also model have positive and negative feedback effects, e.g. can Mars turn into a second Venus if we put up too much greenhouse gases? In the latter case, I would suggest that Telesien restricts SUV usage on Mars and lets things run their natural way for a bit...

If you pump the wrong gases into the atmosphere then the environment can become less habitable. As on can pump chlorine into the atmosphere or suck out the oxygen (or pump it in in large quantities for that matter)

MSG ESN Copernicus @ Ross 248 to Fleet Ops Survey
New jump point found in Ross 248 system
Coord 1.6 b-km bearing 271 degrees from Ross 248 => Sol jump point
Will investigate unless recalled
- Cmdr Schwuermann out
MSG ends XXXXX

Spy it is then!

Colonel Vonyx (ex-Marine) has become a spy. Espionage bonus +30%. Focussed, impoverished, indifferent. He will be in training until we require his services.

Unfortunately, the Scout Ship roster is full. We still have Tankers, Freighters and Colony ships... as well as defense installations (Missile Bases, Fighter Bases, Point Defense Bases with RADAR and anti-missiles), scientists, and three remaining staff positions at Fleet Ops.

Ah, my mistake. Are the fighters all filled up as well? If any are available, I'll take one, and if not, I'd like a spot in Fleet Ops.

MSG ESN Copernicus @ Ross 248 to Fleet Ops Survey
New jump point found in Ross 248 system
Coord 1.6 b-km bearing 271 degrees from Ross 248 => Sol jump point
Will investigate unless recalled
- Cmdr Schwuermann out
MSG ends XXXXX

Those Grav. survey ships seems effective. How many do you have running around now?

I've seen a sign from the gods! They say that we must attack the Grooms/Charlies! But we should do it after the traty is in place and we know EVERYTHING about them! This was a vision given to me in my lone hide away!

Last edited: