• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(6983)

Recruit
Dec 24, 2001
Visit site
I searched this forum until I finally gave up.

I'm pretty agressively expanding Eire in the Fantasia scenario. Unfortunately I am having difficulty establishing colonies in landlocked areas. For instance the Midlands in England and Münster (the one in Germany not Ireland) cannot be colonized. There are no natives there.

I can build them up to level 6 trading posts but then I'm still not permitted to expand them to a colony. It only seems like land locked territories I suppose. I haven't played long enough to absolutely say this.

Please clarify what might be happening. I have EU2 1.02 (latest patch). Thanks :)

Well, we can't help you because we beta testers have not received the Fantasia scenario, so we don't know a thing about it...:(

Make sure that they border one of your colonies. To build a colony the province must either be a coastal province or border another 700+ colonial city.

Happy colonizing.

Edit: Oh, and don't mind the betatesters, (commonly referred to lovingly or with mild scorn as "betazoids") they just seem to not understand the questions of ordinary people. It's as if you have you have to undergo some sort of training, or maybe brainsurgery to be a tester... much like customer service for phonecompanies. Yeah. :cool:

Last edited:
You need a colony on the coast adjacent to a landlocked province to colonize it. Furthermroe, you can just colonize a province off the bat, there is no need to build TPs first, but if the agression level is above 4 its a good idea to.

I can't really comment on the Fantasia scenario but a general rule which applies to all EU i think, is that you can only put colonies in coastal provinces or provinces next to one of your cities.

I am guessing your problem here is the landlocked bit, try building the coastal province next to them upto a full city, ie level 7 colony without natives, and then see if you can colonise those inland ones.

Originally posted by Carolus Rex
God, I gotta learn how to read!!
I thought you were talking about level 6 colonies. :D Not TP's. :D
You know, it happens when someone have too much posts. You start to read so quickly, that you really don't understand the text;)

Too much posts i say, too much posts:D

If that is true, then BiB must have the thickest glasses ever! :D

See, I've racked up two more posts by reading too fast. :D God I'm an evil spammer. :(

The MidLands are definitely surrounded with colonies (levels 1-4) so I'll try waiting till I can get enough settlers into one of the them until it matures to a proper city and see what happens then.

I was really wondering about this (and getting rather frustated :mad: ) .. why can I colonize nearly all of the northern part of coastal Europe and can't advance into the core central part.

The natives may be restless but the window tells me..
Native Strength: 0
so I seen no need to garrison the coast needlessly. I have absolute supremecy of the seas in that region so invaders should only appear from the south which I'm exploring at the moment.

I'll try the tip. Thanks to all for the speedy reply. Happy holidays. :)

Originally posted by Grunthex
Am I missing something? As Russia, colonizing across the Siberian corridor, I could establish a new colony once I had even a level 1 colony next to it, no need to run it up to city-size.

Siberia and the Great Lakes are exceptions.

Originally posted by Idiotboy

Why was this implemented??

To get about the results u get now. IF the Great Lakes weren't an exception they would taje a very long time to get colonised while they actually were colonised quite early.

For most colonisation just about everything involves a coast so that rule works nicely for that, the exception being Sibereia, hence the exception.