• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Iche_Bins

Lt. General
111 Badges
Feb 5, 2006
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
I’m going to write the first Germany AAR I know of. It probably wont have as much rebell-fighting-action as Duke of Wellingtons Golden Horde AAR, or as funny written, as “P is for Portugal” from Farquharson, but its my first AAR, and its a different country than the usual.
The first Part of the forming of Germany will be a little short, as I played it a while ago and didn’t save as it would be necessary for an AAR, but after this I will start playing again, and the AAR will become more interessting. My goal will be to unite the Whole HRE under my command, mostly direct, but also by Vassals if necessary.

I hope I can get it to a size like this again:

germanygoal11fy.jpg

I did alter the eventfile for germany, as it is a little empty, I added events that Prussia or Brandeburg would have gotten, if you want to see it, its here:

http://s12.quicksharing.com/v/1141099/AGCEEP_Specific_Germany.eue.html

To the fakts:

I’m playing version 1.09 and AGCEEP 1.39 on Normal/normal

Also I want to start a small vote here:
Do you want me to stay Catholic or go protestant when the time has come?

Edit: Args wrong forum, cansomeone move it please to the AARs for eu2? =)

Last edited:
actually nalivayko did a German Kingdom AAR about a year and a half ago. But it would be nice to have another one. It has been awhile. There was a few other German inspired AARs as well, such as Baden Wurz, one on Bremen by Director. I did one on Strassburg. But again, I look forward to what you will do with this.

Part one

Students, would you please be quite and get a seat everybody? As you know we have Prof. Müller, teaching History at the Royal University in Berlin here today with us to hold a speach of how Germany came to be what it is now. So, without many words, pleas welcome him.
*applause*
Thank you. As you all know Germany has a moved history behind it. It wasnt just here from the beginning, so let me give you a brief overview of how everything started.
In 1419 the small county of Brandenburg had just formed. It was neither mighty nor wealthy, nor had it strong allys, but it had an ambitius ruler, Friedrich I.

brandenburgbeginning9uq.jpg

brandenburgbeginningdiplo2lv.jpg

It was Friedrich, who set the goal all rulers of Brandenburg would try to reach, he wanted to unite the German people under one rule, Germany should become the power in the center of Europe. But Brandenburg was small, it needed to expand. The first chance came when the Teutonic Order, under pressure by the polish, offered to sale Küstrin to Brandenburg. Of cource Friedrich accepted the offer. But this wasn’t enough, Friedrich wanted more, and his Eye fell on the rich city of Mecklenburg. Quickly more troops were raised and war, even though no casus belly existed, was declared. The superior Brandenburg troops, under the exellent leadership of Friedrich easily deafeated the Mecklenburg troops and conquerd the city within a couple of month. After Mecklenburg was annexed, Friedrich turned to Holstein, and also counquered it with few losses. But instead of annexing it, Friedrich, wise enough not to anger his neighbours to much let Holstein stay independent, but he ruled them as vassals. In the meantime, he also wasn’t idle in Diplomacy, Stettin was won as ally, and saxony accepted vassalisation. So, after only three years Brandenburg has doubled its size and considerably increased its influence in the world.

brandenburg14220uv.jpg

Nice!
If I were you, I would first try to vassalize as many as possible and only then diploannex. Maybe there is no difference between going on annexation- or vassalization-spree on normal difficulty but as you start playing vh it will mater.

Rythin said:
Nice!
If I were you, I would first try to vassalize as many as possible and only then diploannex. Maybe there is no difference between going on annexation- or vassalization-spree on normal difficulty but as you start playing vh it will mater.

Oh indeed there is a big difference, but I was young and needed the money ;)
It was the last Force annexation with Brandenburg.

CSK said:
Btw, is it possible to get Germany as another nation than Brandenburg?
It difinitely is, i think every german minor can make it.

Part two

The next years Brandenburg and it’s Allies lived in peace, till Denmark, which had annexed Bremen in January 1323 decided to expand further into northern Germany, and, on January 6th 1929, declared war on Holstein. Both sides were joined by their allies, Sweden and Norway on the side of Denmark, Brandenburg, Saxony, Stettin and Pomerian . Although Brandenburgs Army wasn’t prepared for a war, the Denmarks couldn’t gain any advantages of the suprise, the forces on the Holsteinian Border weren’t sufficent for a big offensive. Right at the beginning of the war Friedrich I took his existing forces immediatly to Holstein, and helped to fend of 4 Attacks by Denmark. After new troops were raised they were taken to Holstein to, while Friedrich and his men marched onto Bremen to take it from Denmark. As the Brandenburg Troops, almost 20000 Men, were met by 5000 men of Denmark. Although The resitance was broken in 1 day, Friedrich was severly injured as an Arrow pierced his armor. He survived it, but couldn’t lead anymore troops. Well, to make the long storie short, the Brandenburgtroops captured Bremen. After sieging it one year. After this they went north, Commanded by Jhann the Alchymist, to besiege Jylland. All of Denmarks counterattacks were repelled and Jylland fell in April 1433. Realising that there was no way they could gain a foothold in northeren germany Denmark accepted a peace in which they gave up Bremen. A four years war had ended with a Victory.
Friedrich spend most of his time in the following years consolidating his grown realm. He was so sucessfull that noone dared or wanted to raise arms against him, not one rebellion occured the following years. The other Princes of Germany in the meanwhile saw Brandenburg in a much better light now. On some courts it was called the savior of Germany, as it fought of the danish. The relations were that good that an election to the Emperor of the HRE seemed in cloes range. Until in March 1438 Strassburg annexed Mainz. Enormusly engered by this act Friedrich declared war on Strassburg the following month. As Strassburg didn’t have anny Allies and Brandenburg didn’t ask for help, both states were fighitng on their own. In a couple of months Brandenburgs troops destroyed the Strassburg Army and layed siege on Alsace and Mainz, the only cities of Strassburg. After only two years all Strassburgs castles were taken and they had to offer a humiliating peace. Giving up Mainz and a large sum of money.
On the 21st of September 1440 Friedrich died. Under his rule Brandeburg almost trippled his size and managed to grow toe one of the most powerfull states in the HRE. Friedrich II took command now of Brandenburg, Promissing to his Father to maintain the present course. Denmark, thinking that with the death of Friedrich I the streght of Brandenburg died declared war onto Holstein. They were prooven wrong. In a brutal war suffered several defeats and even lost Jylland again. After one year of battle they saw they had no chance and decided to offer a generous peace over 200 dukats to Brandenburg. It was greatfully accepted, and the last attemp of Denmark to take a hold onto Germany failed, they would never try it again. Only moths after the war, Holstein realized it was to much of a danger to remain independent of Brandenburg, so they offerd to be annexed by Brandenburg, which was gratefully accepted by Friedrich. Now a time of peace and prospering followed, in which Brandenburg didn’t grow in size, but in economical power.

Here you can see how Brandenburg and Europe looked like in this time.
brandenburg14470ls.jpg

europe14470go.jpg

Very few pictures, I know, there will be mor, I promise.

Yes, almost any germanic nation can i think.
I'm sure that all the electors (Saxony, Wuttenberg, Brandenburg, Paladine, Cologne and Bremem) can and that Austria can do it too but by another path.

Part three

Friedrich II knew that the only way to create a grate German Empire was through diplomacy. So he abandoned every Plans for war and startet to improve relations with all his neighbours.
After 10 from the last picture you have seen the relations had improved considerably, as you see here:
brandenburgdiplostatus14574zu.jpg

brandenburgrelations14579ij.jpg

Only once Brandenburg declared war again, it was as help for the who was fighting granada in a war lasting for 10 years already. As Friedrich was a loyal Christ he heard the cries for help and declared war on Granda, increasing its respect in the cristian world once mor. The actual fighting was almost not existing, as Brandenburg had no real fleet, only once some men from Granada landed in Bremen, but were repelled quickly. The strong diplomatic work, and the fight for the Pope were finnaly rewarded, as Cologne accepted to become a vassal of Brandenburg and, in a pompous ceremony, Friedrich II was declared Emperor of the HRE. Another step in direction Germany was taken, now Friedrich could use his influence to convince the other princes of his cause.
emperor14636xn.jpg

In 1464 the Ruler of stettin died, and it was decided that Brandenburg should inherit the land. Although it was his right to take Stettin, almost all Princes of germany reacted negetivly on this decision, but steps were quickly taken to secure support in the HRE.
stettininherit7zs.jpg

On November 6th 1466 Poland joined the Alliance with Brandenburg, and only shortly after, the Pope send a messanger with an urgent matter to Prince Friedrich. The Bohemian Prince was Excommunitcated and Friedrich, being the trusted of all German Princes, and Emperor of the HRE was given the task to bring justice to the Bohemians. Even though Brandenburg was totaly unprepared for the war, Friedrich accepted the task. The turmoil was great in Brandenburg as the Bohemians were the closest of all friends outside its alliance.
husseiten1fb.jpg

Nobegow said:
Nice Update, Good Luck On The War! Hail the new HRE emperor! xD

By The Way, since a little time ago, I wanted to play a game with bradenburg. I download your events for germany, but How Can I form Germany?
What Mod are you using?

I'm playing with AGCEEP 1.39 if you want to form Germany following conditions have to be fullfiled (taken from the agceep side):

The year is between 1495 and 1505.
The receiving country is emperor.
A country size of 6, i.e. the Emperor has a certain powerbase on his own.
A badboy below 3, i.e. the Emperor has been rather peaceful and is not viewed as an aggressor; the reason for this condition is also that this unification possibility should be for a "diplomatic" player.
Four of the five "real" electors represented in EU2, i.e. of Cologne, Mainz, Palatinate, Brandenburg and Saxony are a vassal and have +100 or better relations to the Emperor. This means that a majority of the votes in the Council of Electors (Bohemia's electoral vote was, although it of course in theory and legally was an electorate, not used at all after the death of Vaclav IV until 1708, therefore Bohemia should not be relevant to this event) will do as the Emperor pleases.

mor infos on the agceep side
Also my events are made when you form germany with Brandenburg, because some of it have Hohenzollern kings as "actors" would be unrealistic if Mainz or so gets these events

Part four

The war with Bohemia went did not at all go as Friedrich expected it to happen. Brandenburgs forces, mostly cavalary and few in numbers could not win alone against Bohemia. On the other hand Polands armies were big and fast, with exelent leadership, so came it to be that the war was won, but no province was controlled by germany, and before german ground was given away to the outsiders of Poland Friedrich accepted a generous peace for 168 gold. As the time came when Friedrich felt his end was near he moved all of his favours owned by him to make his successor the new Emperor. And on February 10th 1470 as Friedrich II died, Brandenburg was at its best shape ever, with very good relations to almost all its neighbours, so Albrecht Achilles did not only inherit the throne to one of the mightiest and richest German States, he also inheritted the throne of the HRE.
albrechtachilles3ux.jpg

Thats how Europe looked at the beginning of Albrechts reign.
europe14707tg.jpg

Albrecht, although not as skilled as his predecessors was still good in managing what he inheritted, so that Brandenburg prospered like never before in ist history. In 1478 even a new Acadamy opend up in Berlin.
fineartsacademy4pd.jpg

And, he also wanted to form Germany, so he did not anger any of his neighbours for a long time. It would take till 1481 before a new war broke out. This time Poland declared war on the Teutonic Order, and both sides were joined by their allies. Brandenburg, Pomerian, Saxony, Cologne and Poland were standing against Teutonic order, Livonian Order, Sweden, Denmark and Lithuania. A great war with the two largest Alliances in north/east Europe was at hand. But Albrecht, a man of Arts, and a close frieden to the teutonic and livonian order, was not willing to lead such a great war and quickly offered peace to the enemy. In October 1482, exactly one year after this coflict startet a peace was signed for 60 gold payed to Brandenburg and ist allies. This was to be the only war Albrecht should fight. In 1486 he was followed by Johann Cicero, who was also elected Emperor.
europe14860io.jpg

Johann Cicero was much mor skilled in the art of Diplomacy and war, and he was far more Ambitios than Albrecht. Only 5 days after he took the throne he declared Pomerian a part of Brandenburg and annexed it Diplomatic. Although the shock was great about it, he quickly calmed down all his critics, and even won Hungary as Ally. Now his target was encirceld by Allies. The stage was set for a war against Bohemia.
brandenburgally14871in.jpg

On April 29th 1487 war was declared against Bohemia. But to his suprise Poland dishonored the Alliance, Johann didn’t thought of the fact that Bohemia was a vassal of Poland. Switzeland joined the alliance gratefully instead. With one Front missing Brandenburgs troops, well prepared for the war still invaded Bohemia from north, while Hungary joined from the south. Silesia was quickly captured, but the battle for Erz waged back and forth, and no winner could be detemined. So Brandenburg changed ist Plans and invaded Sudeten through Meissen instead. With Silesia lost, Sudeten in great danger and Hungary running wild in ist south, Bohemia had no choice but to accept the peaceoffer made by Brandenburg in April 1488 and hand over Silesia and a bit of money. The joy was great in Berlin, had they not increased Brandenburgs size and income enormously in a couple of years
brandenburg14926zp.jpg

The joy would have been greater had Poland not vassalized Hungary and formed one of the strongest Alliances in the Europe.
poland14923ni.jpg