• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(4875)

Captain
Jul 12, 2001
Visit site
Isn't it funny how before the game was released everyone was talking about how they'd do ANYTHING for this game? Everyone was soooo jealous of beta testers and could hardly wait for a finished copy, they just wanted to play the game as is.

Well, now that everyone got what they asked for... isn't it funny that all they do is complain, complain, and complain? :p

This is a very complex game, and will not doubt take a lengthy period of tweaking before things are just right. Surely you all didn't think that by nipping at the developer's heels and screaming for a speedy release we were going to get a FINISHED copy, did you?

Just think of yourself as a beta tester ;) . Sure, you paid for the game, but it's not like you won't get a finished product... eventually. Be happy you get to play the game now, there's quite a few Europeans who'd sell their first born to play the game in it's current state. :D

I can understand testing game balancing issues and waiting for enhancements like that to come out, but its a little silly in my mind that the original version of the game shipped with the immortal monarch bug. Its a little silly in my mind that the Protestant Poland bug hasn't been fixed yet. These aren't issues that require any kind of playtesting to discover, they are obvious to see just with the message settings tweaked a little.

I wasn't really eagerly awaiting the release of this game, not like EU I anyway, but I'm still a little disappointed in the product I received. I'm not saying that Paradox won't eventually patch the game into a playable state, but I'm still not going to be ecstatic with what I have now.

Originally posted by DLDante
Isn't it funny how before the game was released everyone was talking about how they'd do ANYTHING for this game? Everyone was soooo jealous of beta testers and could hardly wait for a finished copy, they just wanted to play the game as is.

Well, now that everyone got what they asked for... isn't it funny that all they do is complain, complain, and complain? :p

This is a very complex game, and will not doubt take a lengthy period of tweaking before things are just right. Surely you all didn't think that by nipping at the developer's heels and screaming for a speedy release we were going to get a FINISHED copy, did you?

Just think of yourself as a beta tester ;) . Sure, you paid for the game, but it's not like you won't get a finished product... eventually. Be happy you get to play the game now, there's quite a few Europeans who'd sell their first born to play the game in it's current state. :D

Just remember that the bugs you mentioned popped up late in beta testing, most notably the Protestant Poland one. It wasn't there from the start; apparently some tweaking of the code caused it to start happening one day. And unfortunately that one day was just as the gold CD was ready to go out...

I'm sure I was one of the people who has spent the past few months drooling over this game and being extremely excited about it. However, I don't think that really really wanting to play it right away is the same as hoping for the developers to release it as soon as possible. One is just wishful thinking, the other is sort of pressuring for a premature release. Although I'm sure there was some of both going on these past few months, I think a lot of it was simply the former.

I don't have the game yet (grrrr Amazon) but I'm sure that I'll enjoy it once I do, as long as it's stable, and I'm patient enough to wait for patches...

anyway, I do understand what you're saying, and I agree it is somewhat ironic :)

That's perfectly understandable and it wouldn't be such a big deal, except that the fix for this is being delayed until January.

Originally posted by Demetrios
Just remember that the bugs you mentioned popped up late in beta testing, most notably the Protestant Poland one. It wasn't there from the start; apparently some tweaking of the code caused it to start happening one day. And unfortunately that one day was just as the gold CD was ready to go out...

Dimi, are you the same dimi as AOKH dimi ?

Zen...

I am happy with the fact that I have the game. We are doing the good deed the Euros did for us with EU1. We North Americans started with a far better EU1 because of the massive play testing in Europe,

Keep up the good work...

I too am exceedingly happy overall with EU2; if it seems like I spend more time talking about its few minor faults rather than many many virtues, its just that it seems like a more productive use of this forum to try and improve an already great thing!

i agree, im glad i got it now. im already not paying attention at work or to the girlfriend, cuz im thinking of what port will do next. its more enthralling than eu. i was a late comer to eu, but ive read the forum, and remember seeing the americans bitch about it not being out here. well, its our turn to do the grunt work for the 1st few patches. no biggie. i guess its easy to find the little faults, cuz all the "I LOVE the Game" threads would get boring, stale, then deleted in that order, even tho i posted in a few already. now, its time to help paradox make this game even better:)