• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Treaty of Provence

In the Spring of 1136, war loomed ominously upon the horizon. Phillippe de Cournaille, King of Brittany, looked nervously to his East at the realms of Agostino I von Zähringen, King of Italy. And King Agostino I looked back to his West, just as nervously.

It was clear that war between these two Great Kings would have no uncertain winner, and that it would leave both lands smoking and devastated.

It was also clear that neither King would ever be free to extend their armies much beyond their current borders without worrying about a knife in the back from the other.

Accordingly, Kings Phillippe and Agostino I sent messengers back and forth furiously for several months, to bind each others hands in friendship. Thus was produced the Treaty of Provence.

Treaty of Provence

Know Ye All Men By What Follows

That King Phillippe de Cournaille and King Agostino I von Zähringen have pledged friendship and peace between the two realms, until the third generation shall have passed. In light of previously incurred obligations these rulers have made, and as we would not ask them to break their oaths, this Treaty of Peace shall be void should either the King of Brittany or the King of Italy attack the Kingdom of Bohemia, or if the King of Brittany should attack the future Kingdom of Arabia (now Sicily), or if the King of Italy should attack the Kingdom of France.

Let him who breaks the treaty be damned in the sight of the Lord; let the Church turn Her eyes away from the Oathbreaker, and let him be deemed Friendless and Accursed.

And let such a foul man be held to have forfeited those lands, ruled in his family's name, which are hereby pledged in surety of the obligations of friendship and peace between Brittany and Italy. The King of Brittany hereby pledges those lands held by the de Cournailles in the Kingdom of Mauretania; the King of Italy hereby pledges those lands held by the von Zähringens in the Kingdom of Burgundy.

Let it be so.

[Seal of King Phillippe de Cournaille of Brittany]

OOC translation begins:

Neither Brittany nor Italy are to DoW each other or each other's vassals, until January 1, 1200 (concrete interpretation of the poetic "until the third generation") or be excommunicated and forfeit either Mauretania (if Brittany attacks) or Burgundy (if Italy attacks).

Phony wars to peace out a vassal that insists on attacking the other realm (Count Abdul-Haq Salim of Sinai has been notorious for this) are acceptable.

The treaty is void if Brittany or Italy attacks Bohemia, or if Brittany attacks Arabia (currently Sicily), or Italy attacks France.

The treaty is forfeit if Brittany or Italy DoW a rebellious ex-vassal of the other King, unless permission is given by the ex-vassal's ex-overlord.

In the case of a forfeit or voiding, notice of the potential forfeiture or voiding should be given to the other party (presumably in chat or teamspeak, in a "what the hell are you doing!" sort of way), and the other party should be given a month to fix the problem before a forfeit or voiding is enforced.

In the event of any disputes between Ulmont and Varyar as to whether the Treaty of Provence has been violated or not, or as to which if any provisions have been triggered, King of Men shall arbitrate.

/s/Ulmont.

[OOC: If an AAR-equivalent in gold is needed to make this enforceable, let me know in the main thread, please.]

Last edited:
Treaty of Provence

[Seal of King Agostino I von Zähringen of Italy]

Let us all rejoice, let all churchbells ring! Peace and prosperity shall embrace the west!

The Treaty of Anatolia

“In a Dark Age we must be,
Where Pride has rendered us not to see,
That the world around us is Barbaric whence unveiled,
Compared to the Ancient Times it does truly pale.”

The Treaty of Anatolia. May 15th, 1136.

Romanos V Diogenes, Emperor of Byzantium, King of Bulgaria, Ruler of the once great, no, once the Greatest Empire the World has and will ever see, was troubled greatly in his small quarters. For small his quarters were. The great City of Byzantion, properly called Constantinople, was ransacked by invading Muslims. The Emperor was forced to flee the Eternal City, and now lived in a silly wooden Castle a ways up North. The city had been retaken, but too much damage was done, and the Province was given to Thomas of Byzantion, who now serves as its keeper until the Emperor returns.

Romanos was this Emperor, the one destined to return. But saddened he was no less. The world was falling into darkness all around his Empire. Even if he built the rightful Capital of Byzantium to all its former glory and more, would it matter? Would former Imperial provinces bow down and call him ‘My Liege’ once again? No. Men of this age knew only one master, and that was War.

“What shall I do?” Said the still troubled Emperor. “Can I lead my people to glory once again? Will I? Do I even want to?”

Did he even want to? Who would not want to restore the Roman Empire? Was it not the most glorious Empire in all the ages of this world? Was the Empire not Christian? Orthodox no less! The one true Religion, the first Church. All these petty feudal Lords and Knights, they know nothing of Order, of Law, of Justice even. As far as this troubled Emperor was concerned, they deserved to be under the yoke of a mighty and Law abiding Empire.

No, the question is not ‘Do I want to’; it is ‘Can I?’ The Strength of the Roman Empire has greatly decreased since it’s heyday, and even though we still has an arm of strength left, there is no suitable place for said arm to strike. Romanos had poured over maps for days; “Serbia would be difficult, and it has powerful allies” The Emperor stated to himself. “Hungary would be troublesome, far for a significant amount of troops to march.” Anatolia? Most of it is held by Abghazians, for alas the Iberian War, as fought by my Romanos IV, was a hollow victory for Byzantium, a last ditch effort.

Romanos was deep in thought, when the door to his chambers opened. ‘Theodora’ thought the Emperor, for it had to be, nobody else had the right to enter before announcing themselves. And it was Theodora, Empress of Byzantium. Romanos’ second wife, and eternal lover.

Theodora was always the one to encourage him. Good women have a way of making the world seem less evil, and as far as Romanos IV was concerned, Theodora was a good woman. In truth, Theodora hid her true self from her husband. She was known to be cruel with punishments, and quite vengeful when she wanted to be. What made this all the worse, she was an Intriguing planner.

Granted, Theodora knew things about Strategy, and would often council her husband, more often then not she did so after a more, sensual, persuasion. And sadly, Romanos was weak willed when it came to his wife.

Theodora knew one thing above all others; Byzantium cannot fight Abghazia. And so, under her advice, Romanos sent messengers to Evstati Bagratuni, The prince of Abghazia, to discuss a border revisal. With all Luck, Evstati was generous with the proposal, and thus Romanos had his scribes record the Treaty of Anatolia; which states thus forth;

Let it be known to All Men of All Nations,
Romanos V Diogenes swears to recede the Provinces of Vaspurukan, Lykandos, Theodosiopolis and Alexandretta to Evstati Bagratuni, Prince of Abghazia, as well as Renounce his claims on the Titles of Prince of Armenia, and Prince of Armenia Minor. In Exchange, Evstati Bagratuni shall recede the Provinces of Amisos, Chaldea, Kaisereia and Thessalonike to Romanos V Diogenes, as well as Pay a Tribute of 1000 Gold to the Emperor of Byzantium. Let this Treaty be the beginning of Friendship and Alliance between these two Great Realms.
Let it be so.
(Seal of Romanos V Diogenes, Emperor of Byzantium and King of Bulgaria)

Thus to the Emperor his goals became clear. Rebuilding Byzantium is his first goal, and so with this in mind, Romanos Diogenes sets out to set the Byzantine Empire in Stone, unwavering throughout the Ages.

OOC:

I’m not very good at in-character AAR’s, but I thought I’d try it out :D I'm horrible at writing dialogue especially :( I don’t know if this counts as an AAR, if it does or doesn't it doesn’t matter, the main purpose of this post was to state the treaty of Anatolia (as I have taken the Liberty of naming it) The treaty is pretty straight forward, but to make it easier the OOC: form of the treaty is;

Byzantium will give The following Provinces to Abghazia:

Vaspurakan
Lykandos
Theodosiopolis and
Alexandretta.

And also the Titles of:

The Prince of Armenia and
The Prince of Armenia Minor.

In Exchange for the Provinces:
Amisos
Chaldea
Kaisereia
Thessalonike
And also a Tribute of 1000 gold.

I used the name Diogenes, mostly because it’s easier to remember than Vojislavljevic :D but also because it's Historical, and Romanos IV Diogenes is a historical Emperor.

EDIT: Fasquardon informed me that my current Emperor is Romanos V Diogenes and not Romanos IV (stupid me :D) I assumed my current character was Romanos IV because when I searched Diogenes the only people I found were the Emperor (IV) and the Philosopher, and I don't believe there was a Romanos V (historically) ever as Emperor.

Last edited:
The story of Bohemia​
(Nov 27, 1128 – May 16, 1136)
Beginning Stats
Date: Nov 27, 1128
Leader: Bratislava Premyslid the Lucky (1058-1131)
Titles: King of Bohemia and Poland, Duke of Esztorgomz, Count of Praha, and Pressburg
Vassals: 18
Income: 9.39
Manpower: 71775
Martial: 31
Diplomacy: 22
Intrigue: 18
Stewardship: 17
Laws: Semisalic Primogeniture, Royal Prerogative, Regal Supremacy

End Stats
Date: May 16, 1136
Leader: Hynek Premyslid 1075-?)
Titles: King of Bohemia and Poland, Duke of Esztorgomz and Swabia, Count of Praha, Pressburg, Meissen, Plzen
Vassals: 33
Income: 51.69
Manpower: 118836
Martial: 27
Diplomacy: 24
Intrigue: 29
Stewardship: 28
Laws: Semisalic Primogeniture, Feudal Contract, Regal Supremacy

Treaties:
Pressburg Boarder Agreement Treaty (end date of April 19, 1250)
Ulmont is Guaranteeing my Independence
Boarder Agreement with Carillon

Goals:
1. Stay alive (yes)
2. Add Duchy of Upper Lorraine (yes)
3. Have fun (yes)

Start map
nov271128er7.jpg

End map
land3zk7.jpg

My first goal of the game was to take control of the Duchy of Upper Lorraine, which I did with no really problems. Next I made peace with my grandson the king of Germany, which gives me the land of Brandenburg. I was at peace for the next few years. Germany was defeated and become no more with a war with Brittany. My king Bratislava Premyslid the Lucky died at the age of 73. He lives from the time he was a duke in the Germany Empire, through the Poland wars, which some Bohemia grow the most. He became a king with his own hands with Bohemia and then Poland later. He saw an alliance with Italy and Prussia. I fought the short Nordic Prussia war on the side of Prussia. My troop helped push the Norway out of northern Germany and Holstein. Then I moved my troops up to Slevig and successfully siege the land. I also defeated a few landing forces at Stettin. Unknown to me was that Prussia was losing in the East to Norway and Finland. Peace was reached and Bohemia gained the land of Nordgau from Prussia for it help in the fight. My heir’s heir is inbred and something needs to be done about that. Also my heir has rebelled 2 times so far. People are starting to get fear the big green beast in the east and if a war is to fought Bohemia would like to stay neutral, but who knows what will happened there. My ally Prussia seems to have her country under order finally and Italy is helping Sicily with some Muslims that have control of most of the country. Brittany was kind and given half of her Germany lands to Prussia and the other half to myself. Which by doing so has created a little problem with both Prussia and Bohemia some of each other lands and so far no agreement has been made. Hopeful some type of agreement can be made so the two lands don’t see a rift in relations. Italy has also stated that she would give me a few of her lands in Hungary and land of Passau.

Arr reward Increase the wealth level of Praha.

The Treaty of Anatolia

When my father fought your grandfather, we were both little more than babes in arms. Today we are men, and as men, we renounce the quarrels of our ancestors. This day let us renouce those lands rightfully property of the other, which in envy or happanstance, we hold, that our children and our children's children will have no cause to fight as our ancestors once did.

Where my father refused the title of Kuropalates, I accept it, honoured by the Emperor's recognition, and in return I offer you, Romanos Diogenes, the title of Mampali, that all who meet you will know you are a friend of the Bagratuni.

And now that our houses have been joined first by the bonds of holy matrimony, and now by amnity and peace, let us join in feasting, that we may contemplate the glories of the morrow on full bellies!

Eird said:
Let it be known to All Men of All Nations,
Romanos IV Diogenes swears to recede the Provinces of Vaspurukan, Lykandos, Theodosiopolis and Alexandretta to Evstati Bagratuni, Prince of Abghazia, as well as Renounce his claims on the Titles of Prince of Armenia, and Prince of Armenia Minor. In Exchange, Evstati Bagratuni shall recede the Provinces of Amisos, Chaldea, Kaisereia and Thessalonike to Romanos IV Diogenes, as well as Pay a Tribute of 1000 Gold to the Emperor of Byzantium. Let this Treaty be the beginning of Friendship and Alliance between these two Great Realms.
Let it be so.
(Seal of Romanos V Diogenes, Emperor of Byzantium and King of Bulgaria)

All threse words do I verify, let them be written as you say.

-Evstati Bagratuni, May 15 1136, from The Kutaisi Archives, Treaty Sub-Library

fasquardon

In the name of the holy and indivisible Trinity felicitously amen. Hynek, by the power of divine providence King of Bohemia, Agostino, by the grace of divine glory King of Italy and Ludwig, by the favour of the divine mercy King of Prussia so put to text their words, lest they ere be forgotten. Every kingdom divided against itself shall be desolated. For its princes have become the companions of thieves. Wherefore God has mingled among them the spirit of dizziness that they may grope in midday as if in darkness; and He has removed their candlestick from out of His place, that they may be blind and leaders of the blind. And those who walk in darkness stumble; and the blind commit crimes in their hearts which come to pass in time of discord. Tell us, pride, how would's" thou have reigned over Lucifer if thou had'st not had discord to aid thee? Tell us hateful Satan, how would'st thou have cast Adam out of Paradise if thou had'st not divided him from his obedience ? Tell us, luxury, how would'st thou have destroyed Troy, if thou had'st not divided Helen from her husband? Tell us, wrath, how would'st thou have destroyed the Roman republic had'st thou not, by means of discord, spurred on Pompey and Caesar with raging swords to internal conflict ? Thou, indeed, oh envy, host, with impious wicked ness, spued with the ancient poison against the Christian empire which is fortified by God, like to the holy and indivisible Trinity, with the theological virtues of faith, hope, and charity, whose foundation is happily established above in the very kingdom of Christ. Thou hast done this, like a serpent, against the branches of the empire and its nearer members; so that, the columns being shaken, thou Slightest subject the whole edifice to ruin.[1]

Insomuch as we, protectors of this holy and most Christian Empire, doth fear for its own safety which as electors we are duty bound to protect, we three have promulgated, decreed and recommended for ratification the laws herein for the purpose of cherishing unity among the electors, and of closing all approach to the aforesaid detestable discord. Tell us, indolence, how would’st thou that the once mighty empire was brought so low, if thou had’st not brought the head to such low places? We here reject your sinful ways, we three rebuild those columns that had been shaken. In doing so, we return thus to the fulness of our ancestors, sitting on these three thrones we raise up amongst ourselves the Empire born anew. In the strong hands of those who persisteth, with the Grace of Him on high, to resist the serpent, let our words forge an alliance against those who would bring us so low. Here in the year of our Lord 1136, on the Ides of May we doth decree that the most holy empire shall rise from the ashes, and that on this day we did elect from amongst our number an Emperor to guide the whole of Christendom to the right path.

As the most blessed Trinity shows, the strength of one can not be equaled to the strength thrice repeated. In the Lord’s good name, we commend ourselves to one another, brothers in arms; and let one who threatens one brother fear the wrath of the other two, for the fraternity we create here transcends amicitia, let they in whose hearts resideth evil beware. From this evil may arise such good though, that the realm in all her mortal glory shall be cleansed, this we pledge, to chase away the shadows of sin from our own kingdoms, and in doing so pledge here on this day to always remain true. Let the blessed trinity guide our thoughts and acts, blessing this union and this document.

[1] Most of this part was taken from the golden Bull of of 1356. It can be found here. http://www.yale.edu/lawweb/avalon/medieval/golden.htm

Also, this meant to be a treaty between myself, Varyar and Hyme as well as an AAR. I guess I want to get my wife pregnant.

I, Geir Jonson, being of sound mind and failing body, do hereby set out my last Will and testament.

To my eldest son Olaf I leave the farm Geirvirke, and all its lands and people, to have and to hold in udal right, for him and the heirs of his body, for as long as men shall live in Norway; excepting only that I lay on him and his the task of fostering the sons of his brothers, and their sons, even to the tenth generation, and giving them training at arms as I have taught him.

To my son Håvard I leave my good ship Halkjells Minne (*), and charge him to remember always why I named it so, as I have told him in the past, and to tell his sons in their turn.

To my son Ragnvald I leave the axe Manbiter, and my best byrnie, and a hundred marks silver; and him I charge to make his own way in the world, and not to forget his descent as I have told it him, nor to let his sons forget it.

And to all my sons, I leave this advice: Never forget that our kinsmen are few, and that there are none who love us. Stand together against all outsiders, whatever your private quarrels; and always consider how the land and the Folk may be made stronger. Never again permit civil war to ravage Norway; we are too few in this country, each fallen is brother and friend.

Remember always that all men have their pride, and that even the meanest has the power of his fists and his mind; and give no offense needlessly. Let a beaten foe retreat with all the face you can give him, although you strip him of everything else. If you must fight, strike mercilessly and instantly. Hesitation has killed more men than any sword.

Teach your children to fight, but teach them also to read.

Listen to those who come from Dovre mountain. They know many things. But they are not all-wise. Listen, and then make up your own minds.

Do not put your faith in castles, nor in horses. Men on foot can throw back any charge, if they will stand; and no castle can hold whose defenders lose heart. Build ships and spears, and make our enemies be the ones who need walls. If all else fails, it is no joke to fight in Norway in the winter. We have the mountains at our back, and they will fight for us if we need them.

Have pride in your blood and your skill, but never allow that pride to become paramount, or to substitute for thought. We are children of a land where the mountains meet the sea, and our souls have a part of both elements in them: Granite that stands firm against any assault, and water that flows around any obstacle. But the sea is the stronger of the two. Only the sea will last forever.

Such is the counsel and intent of Geir Jonson's testament.

(*) Roughly, "The Legacy of Halkjell", the sleeping King-under-the-mountain in the previous history. The vastly detail-minded may note that there is actually a minor continuity error here: the king in question was not named Halkjell, but Olaf Halkjellson. I was too quick when I looked back at my previous postings. But no worries, there are so many Olafs about that Halkjell is more memorable anyway.

Blah, I'm uninspired this week. Nonetheless, I managed to push out 515 words, so make my wife pregnant, please. :)

The Treaty of Jerusalem

It is said there are sorcerers who bind demons to their will by the power of words. I do not believe in sorcerers, but I believe in words. Words are subtle things which, when built one atop the other can make structures as sound as Uchimerion, or as fair as Haiga Sophia. We have each had a part in forging these words, that we bind ourselves to each-other fairly. And now we must each accept the power of these words, that we may bind ourselves from falling to our worse fates. Now listen to these words, and consider them carefully, and let those steadfast of heart accept their truth:

1. Sicily is recognised as King of Arabia
  2. Italy will cede the sheik of Darum to Arabia
  3. The sheik of Darum will cede the provinces of Mosul and Oromieh to Abghazia
  4. Italy will cede the provinces of Sopron and Varadzin to Serbia
  5. Abghazia will cede the province of Nisibin to the County of Tiberias
  6. County of Tiberias will cede the province of Tiberias to Arabia
  7. Abghazia will cede all of its lands in the Kingdom of Jerusalem to Arabia
  8. Abghazia will cede Maan to Arabia
  9. Italy and Arabia will undertake not to engage in hostile action against the Sheikdom of Kuwait, save to repel any attacks from that quarter
  10. Italy and Arabia will undertake not to engage in hostile action against the Emirate of Mosul, save to repel any attacks from that quarter
  11. Italy and Arabia will undertake to make peace with the Emirate of Medina once they have secured the domains of the Emir in Sicily, Arabia and Africa
  12. Once peace with Medina is secured, Italy and Arabia will undertake not to engage in hostile action against the Emirate of Medina, save to repel any attacks from that quarter
  13. Italy and Arabia are forbidden to march troops through Abghazia
  14. Abghazia is forbidden to march troops through Italy or Arabia
  15. Italy and Arabia recognize the lands of Syria, Mesopotamia, Persia, Georgia, Armenia and South-East Khazaria as being part of Abghazia
  16. Abghazia and Arabia recognize the lands of Italy, Sicily, Egypt, Burgundy and South-East Germany as part of Italy
  17. Italy and Abghazia recognize the lands of Jerusalem, Arabia and Africa as being part of Arabia
  18. Italy recognizes the right of Serbia to the lands of Hungary
  19. Should Abghazia violate this sacred accord, it shall forfeit its lands in Syria (or lands of equivalent wealth), and they shall be disposed as it pleases Italy
  20. Should Italy violate this sacred accord, it shall forfeit its lands in Sicily (or lands of equivalent wealth), and they shall be disposed as it pleases Abghazia
  21. Should Arabia violate this sacred accord, it shall forfeit its lands in Arabia Felix (or lands of equivalent wealth), and they shall be disposed as it pleases Abghazia
  22. Should any party claim another is in violation of this treaty, an outside party (King of Men, or if he is unavailable, the parties must agree unanimously on another player to fill the role) will arbitrate on the matter, and the treaty enforced if breach is found
  23. This treaty will remain in force until Abghazia, Italy and Arabia agree unanimously to scrap it, or the year 1200 AD
  24. Should any party change their name or primary title, this treaty will recognize that change, and remain in force

All these words do I officiate, all these words do I verify, let them be written as I say.

-Nino Bagratuni, May 15 1136, from The Kutaisi Archives, Treaty Sub-Library

(Treaty cost to be paid by Varyar, and if people don't mind, I'd like to count this and my reply to the last treaty for my AAR this week. I'm afraid I'm short of time today. For my reward I'd like Nino and Fortunata to have a baby.)

fasquardon

EDIT: Added Maan clause

Last edited:
Treaty of Capua

Hear hear! In a spirit of friendship, Agostino I, King of Italy, Lord of Egypt, et al., and Mauger, King of Sicily, Lord of Africa, et al., have agreed to the following. The crown of the Kingdom of Sicily shall hereby be passed to Agostino I of Italy, along with all vassals of said crown. Agostino I also makes a solemn pledge to, within two generations, relinquish all lands and titles of the Kingdom of Africa, and all lands and titles east of Egypt in current and future possessions, to Mauger of the de Hauteville's or his heirs. This pledge will be upheld on the pain of excommunication and eternal damnation, should it be broken. This we the signatories swear in the presence of the Lord our God.

[seal of Agostino I von Zähringen, King of Italy]

OOC: Italy verifies the treaty of Jerusalem.

EDIT: and Italy pays the FoCoG fee. Again.

Its with great joy that I Mauger now King of Arabia and etc...
Accept both these treaties offered by these noble and honorable kings
May our friendship prosper

[seal of Mauger I,now King of Arabia]

The boy-king of Greater Serbia Matija Vojislav is greatly pleased by this support from the noble realm of Italy. May our two lands live side by side, as brothers.

Chancellor Katarina Vojislav.

The Kingdom of Arabia

The King signed the Treaty of Capua, the Treaty of Jerusalem and after the evil heathens of Medina were conquered, King Agostino of Egypt in exchange for the crown of Sicily gave him the crown of Arabia along with some other titles
He then begun to move his capital to Mecca, along and possibly dangerous journey…

In the Journey…

The sea was always calm and not single storm appeared, the king was swimming but then he heard something…
It was the sound of a scream coming from his room; he then picked his clothes and walked to see what was happening
He entered the room and the door closed behind him
There he saw his wife in the bed with his first son, and so Mauger mighty king of Sicily died of heart attack…
Well not really actually he died sleeping in his bed…old age I guess…

Hey old idiot! Tell my ancestor’s history correctly and have more respect! Or I will kick your butt!
Sorry young one, I just wanted to make the history a bit more dramatic, well lets continue…answered the old man

Silvester (he isn’t Stallone) First King of Arabia
(he is better)
The first son of the king and marshal of the Sicilian armies became the first king of Arabia
The new King was a powerful warrior and a famous tactician; he also had an inspiring charisma a talent for sneaky business and a talent for organizing and ruling, a man that could forge a new empire in Arabia

But the king needed a heir but his wife always said she that lust is a sin and that she would never have sex with him so he found a solution…

My dear the trip to Medina is dangerous you shouldn’t expose yourself so much,it can be dangerous…said the king
…you don’t have the right to rule over me, only god can command me! Answered the evil wife with disdain
Then the caravan stopped and a horde of arab bandits killed the guards and took the king and the queen to their hideout…

The Bandits’ Hideout

The bandits lived is a series of deep caves there they raped the queen and decapitated her with a rusty scimitar…the king however was released…
The bitch is dead you can go now my king free to find a new wife… said the bandit leader
Thank you my friend I will not forget what you did for me today…said the king
The king “then escaped “ safely, back to his capital Mecca
In the court he told he had killed the bandit leader with his fists and escaped, since he was strong no one doubted it

In the Capital

The king received a letter that filled him with joy, the King of Brittany authorized to take command of their vassals’ land that were inside Arabia’s demesne, and a suitable wife had been found in the court of Abghazia

The New Wife

The Georgian wife arrived and the king was so pleased with her that she took her to royal chambers and immediately started working on a heir…

AAReward: make my king's wife pregnant
Edit request: give me the lands Ulmont agreed to give
I hope you enjoyed it (I hope because I was a little tired when i wrote it)

Conquest, Re-Conquest, And Civil War. May 16th, 1136

Romanos entered his Council Room with a newfound Spirit. He realized now that it was not his Task to restore Rome to its former glory. Nay, this is not his Task. Romanos was old, and he still had to unite Byzantium if Rome was ever going to be rebuilt. Therefore, his task was to have, by force or otherwise, all the Lands of Byzantium. This was helped greatly in part by Evstati Bagratuni, Prince of Abghazia. There were 8 Byzantium provinces that were not under his control, 4 of which split Anatolia in two. These were his targets.

But one thing remained before he started his Re-conquest of Byzantium, the rebuilding of it’s Greatest, or once Greatest, City. And so the Decree went out that Thomas of Byzantion was relieved of his post, and Romanos would become its new caretaker. With the funds received from the Treaty of Anatolia, Romanos immediately started re-laying the foundations of his soon to be Capital City.

Months later, David Diogenes, Marshall of Byzantium and Son of Emperor Romanos, set out from the Core Provinces with an army of 6,000 Strong and Hardy Men. They crossed the Sea of Marmara to retake the Provinces of Kyzikos and Laodikeia, currently held by Burak, Sultan of the Sultanate of the Qarakhnid. It was not long that they reached them, and under David’s impressive display of knowledge on the Battlefield, the battle of Kyzikos lasted a mere two days, with little Casualties on the side of Byzantium. The siege lasted a while Longer, the wooden Palisade of the Castle was well defended. But it was futile to resist the Byzantine Army, and soon David marched his Troops off to Laodikeia.

While David besieged the Anatolian provinces, Romanos Diogenes himself mustered an Army, mainly from the Provinces of Thrake and Mesembria, and sailed across the Black Sea to take the one last Qarakhnid province left in Byzantium; Koloneia. The Voyage was long however, and Qarakhnid Troops already took the province of Chaldea and looted it. However it was not long before Romanos’ Army reached Amisos and, after dealing with a few Rebellion problems in said province, marched straight to Chaldea.

There in Chaldea did Romanos win a victory over the Qarakhnid Troops. The battle was uneven, as Romanos had at least 6,000 Soldiers himself, whereas the Qarakhnid Army was little more than 2,000. Never the less, the most successful battles are the ones where you have the advantage, is what his son Marshall David always said. Smart advice it was, Romanos thought at least. David had little mind for anything more than Efficiency in battle.

Once Chaldea was re-taken, Romanos marched to Koloneia, and took the smaller Muslim army by surprise and destroyed them. Koloneia was harder to take, as it was a diseased land. Never the less, Romanos took it, even though at expense. He’d lost a thousand Troops to battle and disease/attrition, and even as he took Koloneia, Chaldea was besieged by the Qarakhnid again and soon re-taken. The Emperor finally finished his siege of Koloneia, the Emperor and his army marched back to Chaldea. It was a simple matter to retake it, and their Romanos made sure he crushed the Sultanates Forces permanently.

However, since Burak, the Sultan of the Qarakhnid held Chaldea by his own right, and not by one of his vassals, Romanos had no way of Forcing the Sultan to give up his ownership of it. So there Romanos and his army stayed, sending numerous proposals of peace with Burak, even offering him 150 funds from the Emperors own Treasury.

It was then that new came to Romanos that the King of Egypt had just lost half of his territory to the recently installed King of Arabia. Egypt held the province of Tyana, right in the middle of Anatolia. The Emperor was anxious, and needed to make War on Egypt right away. However the David’s Troops in Laodikeia were disbanded, having already won there part in the war, and Romanos did not want to call Soldiers who had already gone home to march back half way through Asia Minor, but Romanos’ army couldn’t leave either, as he needed Troops to defend Chaldea and keep it under control.

Romanos decided he had to leave, and made war on Egypt and made for Tyana. 4,800 Byzantine Troops marched through Anatolia to meet 800 Egyptian Troops, guarding one of the last Muslim provinces in Byzantium. Sure enough however, 1,000 Newly arrived Qarakhnid Troops besieged Chaldea.

It was then Romanos had a stroke of luck, when Michael Palaeologus, Prince of Achaea, arrived by boat in Chaldea with an Army of 3,000 Greek Troops. Michael’s Army destroyed the Muslim’s, and took Chaldea for themselves. Burak the Sultan of the Qarakhnid, finally gave in to peace terms, and ceded Chaldea to Michael of Achaea.

Now Romanos had nothing to look back at, only the promise of a unified Anatolia. The Emperor’s Army reached Tyana, and quickly destroyed the Egyptian Troops and laid Siege to Tyana’s wooden defenses. It was there, on the field of Siege, that Romanos V Diogenes, Emperor of Byzantium, was killed. An arrow from the defenders of Tyana pierced his throat while he ordered his Troops, and he fell to the ground. He died instantly, now last words, no last requests. No, God took him out of this world quickly, if painfully. One of Romanos’ vassals ended the battle, and took Tyana in the name of the Emperor.

Manual Diogenes, The eldest Son of Romanos, became the new Emperor of Byzantium. He was crowned in Byzantion, in the Church of Constantinople. The death of Romanos sent despair throughout the Empire, as while not one of the Legendary Emperors, he was a good one none the less, and did much to restore Byzantium to it’s former status.

However, the one thing Romanos’ failed to do, other than unify Byzantium, was regain his repute among his vassals. Much of his rule was mired in Provincial War, and the last campaign he made, though over, destabilized his Empire. Many vassals felt the new Emperor Manual was not fit to lead Byzantium, and War of a different nature followed. Revolt.

Andronikos Komnenus, Prince of Dyrrachion, was the first to make war. Emperor Manual entrusted his new Marshall, Konstantinos Diogenes, his youngest brother and the most Brilliant Strategist seen in Byzantium for Centuries, with a war-plan to bring the Empire back under control. Konstantinos mustered an Army primarily from Epieros and Thessalia, though he had reinforcements brought in from Philippopolis and Adrianopolis. After the Armies had set out however, Demetrios Segouropoulos, Count of Prusa, also rebelled. One of the Courtiers in Byzantium, Pavel of Starya Russa, mustered a Regiment from Byzantion and marched against Prusa across the Marmara.

Under Konstantinos, the armies of Andronikos were defeated, and his provinces captured. Prusa was also subdued, rather quickly. Manual Diogenes was beyond rage, and planned to strip the Rebellious Counts of all their land. Konstantinos tried to convince his brother to subjugate them, and not strip their land, but Manual was beyond approach, and not only stripped them of their land, but of their honor as well, and reclaimed every claim to nobility they have had.

This caused problems, and did little increase the Vassals trust in Emperor Manual. In fact, just the opposite, as Thomir Banffy, Count of Galaz and his son Balin, Count of Constantinia, were the next to rebel. They were subjugated quickly under Konstantinos, yet once again Manual Diogenes stripped them of their land and claims.

Up until this point, Emperor Manual Diogenes reign had been mired in War and rebellion. Romanos’ dream of unity and prosperity in what is left of the Roman Empire seemed to be crushed thanks to the wrathfulness of his Son. This moment of peace in Byzantine history was soon ended, when two months after the Banffy family was defeated, the Empire was beset with a real rebellion. Edvilas of Zhmud, Prince of the Aegean Isles, and Michael Palaeologus, Prince of Achaea and once personal friend of Romanos V, declared war on Emperor Manual Diogenes. The two most Powerful vassals the Emperor of Byzantium had were now his mortal enemies.

The petty wars between Emperor and Vassals were no longer just rebellion to be crushed. No, this Rebellion had escalated, into Civil War.

OOC:

Sorry I don't have proper dates on these, but I don't know of any way to find them :D

For an AAR reward, please make Eirene pregnant with Manuals child.

Last edited:
Last King of Finland

Creation of the finnish kingdom came with a heavy price. Treasury of Finland was empty and even though Sigfred tried to raise taxes his treasury was almost empty. Sigfred was allready preparing for a war with Russia to get Kola, Onega and Torzhok but his advisors said that it wouldn't be an good idea at the moment as the peasants of finnish counties were constantly rebelling. Sigfred became bored and when Count of Reval and Livs declared independency from their former liege Prussia Sigfred raised his armies and sailed to Åland and Reval to liberate them. Count of Reval surrendered soon after Sigfred had landed in Reval and after this Sigfred continued to Livs where he faced problems. Livs had rejoined Prussia and Prussia declared war against Kingdom of Finland. Sigfred quickly liberated Livs and retreated back to Finland. many Finnish counts had started a rebellion against Sigfred with the leading of Savolaks. Many courtiers fled from Sidfreds court and Sigfreds armies began to join the rebels. Even more troubles came when Prussia landed in Nyland. Prussians quickly spread trough the lands and soon they were in Turku, the capital of finnish Kingdom. Prussians founded only the abandoned castle of Turku. Sigfred had fled with his family to the court of Rennes and had left Finland to Prussians. Finland was once again divided between counts loyal to Prussia, Counts loyal to Russia and few independent counts. Swedish counts of Finland had joined either Norway or Prussia. Sigfred claimed that someday Knýtlings would return to Finland and once again Finland would be united and heretics would be killed.

I would like to state that as a edit the following treaty between Russia and Prussia.

-In return for Russian military aid to the Crown of Prussia in the Fino-Prussian conflict the Prussian counties in/near Hylnov/Cheremisia in Russia are to be transfered over to the Crown of Russia.

I'll pay the Focog cost. AAR to come soon.

”And thou shall be a frog!” Gollevainen said and turn back.
Dutches Ide looked the old norther witch-doctor with amusement in her eyes and then rosed her fierce glance towards the two courtiers that the King had send accompanying his peculiar on-the-house-magician. Was that all? In blink of the eye Ide feared that the boasting and raving old man would have possesed true powers, that her moment would have come... Nothing happened.
Many would have feared in her position, but Ide had no use of old tales nor did she seldom gave up to the old tales where such mythical names passed, Amairgin, Taliesin...

But Gollevainen was no Druid, and the courtiers looked upon each others and they waited. “Go with good spirit, because I shall send my most precious knight along you. With in him lies the old power and strength, and only he knows the secret paths long forgotten.” King had said and for a moment, Guy de Toulose felt odd sensation, like he was living in his childhood's tales, inside a nursery rhymes and that he was a ser Gwain sent along with Merlin to defeat the wicked Morgan...The old man raised his eyes like he had just revealed great magic to the two mortal men... Guy looked upon the fat precense of Ide and shook his head...the illusion was lost.

“.. Hah! Asclettin is a fool, if he had put his faith upon this shaky old git. And he dares to rebuke my title...if he wanted war, he shall get one, but please, save me from...”

“Do I hear something?” The witch-doctor intercepted Ide's speech like a falcon grabs a pidgeon from the flight. He glanced the two courtiers who stand silently. Salim Hassad Al Gwynneth tried to say something but kept silent, desperately he tried to seek help from Guys direction. Ide seemed to just stand aside and witness this humiliation before she would call his guard and send them away.
“Just Frogs croakin'”

They left, not knowing whether in shame or in triumph...

The scene repeated itself in next week, when Ide rode to Essex to answer his husband's semi-open war declaration. Either Asclettin had instructed his court properly, or it was Gollevainen's actions, simple jest rising suddenly and awkwardly at the same time from many mouths...or that the heathen-evilry had concealed the courtiers eyes...no one knows sure, but when Ide approached the Throne, followed by his trusted advisors, a chaotic act followed. It was like a circus in London's streets. When Ide spoke, people would make croaking sounds, imitating the big toads cry as best as they could. The children and simple minded had a great laugh, others followed more suspiciously and in shame. The old Bishop croaked once or twice, sending silent Ave Maria to the God, hoping to save his soul from this wicked play.
Asclettin had his laugh and Gollevainen stand aside, almost hidden in the big curtains that hung from the halls roof. In the next week, the civil war had broke down, and the King's magician rambled trough the realm, raving and babbling in every court, leaving with threats of war more often than with words of trust and loyalty to the Asclettin.

Ten Years had passed since the foam drooling maybe-he-is-a-real-wizard went on his way, followed by the strong regiments of Asclettin's lands which count seemed to multiply when ever the King let his army to halt. And When one count fall in the front of sword and fear of ancient pagan magic, another felt it was enough and sent his own challenge to the mad king.
It was almost universally known, that the Asclettin was keeping a Norwegian prostitute deeply hidden in his tower, but that the whore knew deep and dark magic and was in alliance with the Beelzebub. And together they had, (among many other imagitive things like, black marriage that Chutchlu, the third bastard son of the Devil himself had blessed.) resurrected the Judas from the chains of the fiery land that now roamed it under the disguise of Gollevainen.

Ten years of misery, that seemed to doom the entire world into everlasting gloom. Yet, a single zip of Brandy can change things more strongly than any army or horde...

“What will you have?” Asked Guy from Salim Hassad Al Gwynneth.
“Just water please.” Replied Salim, who in his typical Scottish way was a true Moslem and never let drinks stronger than man pass trough his lips.
“Very well my friend, but to me...brandy and water!” Guy declared and passed Salims grim look. A day without brandy as a cavalier to Gollevainen was unthinkable. He poured a cup and then glanced the wizard.
“And to you master...?”
“I will fill my own cup from my own bottle, and that shall be the water how its supposed to be like.” Answered Gollevainen and meant the domestic alcohol that he had brought with him, when he came from the Ireland to the Asclettin's service. Everyone that had tasted it, loathed it but at the same breath take argued that it would take a strength of the bull to survive one nigths fest when that poison was offered. Queer Irishmen and their wicked drinks!
“But will you not taste the Brandy of my home county and rise a cup with me? To the King Asclettin? Shall the fortune be more better to young Rikhard than it was to the Robert.” (The heir had just died and the seccond son of the King had just turned 16, and sent to become a Count of Oxford, to keep that precious province under trusted hands, despite it was not secret that Rikhard had no sympathy for his father and his grim war against his vassals, a war that in folks mouth had gained rather unglamorous, but yet describing name: Witch's Circle)

Gollevainen measured Guy and the drink that he hold in his hand with caution and suspicion, but Slim and Sneaky Gollevainen was not know to refuse alcohol when offered. He raised cup with Guy and the world changed.

“By the beard of my aunt Oivatar! This is...magnificent. You must immediately reveal its secrets to me. Or better, I shall command you to lay all the known bottles to my laps before the year turns to next!” Gollevainen shouted and his command was strong, despite Guy had some thoughts whether the man was serious or not.
“Better! I know the fountain, where this sweet nectar literally bursts from the ground. I Shall reveal its location to you, because you are my loved friend and trusted company to me and to our lord. So hear me, Three hundred legion you must ride, trough pastures and valleys, over the hills of Scotland and far away before you come to the shores in the far north. But in there you shall not rest but look to the sea and take a strong boat. Because you shall sail to its far most peak, to the Shettland Isles, and look the smallest and furtherest little rock. There is an oak, that is seven times thousand years old and remembers the time before Adam left paradise. Under the oak lies the fountain where the brown juice dwells and into it you shall sink your worries and return as a new man!”

These were Guys words, wise in their deceptiveness and thus Gollevainen rode away to the far most country of Shetland, peculiarly the last one that Broke the loyalty of vassals to Asclettin and yet, the first one to return to thrones glory when the King had looked upon the misery the land was in. He newer did mention madness or the grim shadow that seemed fall from his face, nor did he ever apologize from any of his brake-away vassals or mention that perhaps he was a misguided. But peace returned, so did most of the vassals. Many new counts were acclaimed and new formerly poor families had their change for power and the nobelty gained fresh blood, along with fresh ideas and visions. Sun begun to shine upon England...

“Did you find it? Better more, did you bring anything for me, my friend?” Guy asked with scant of mockery in his eyes
There was sadness behind Gollevainen's anger, deep sadness of decepted friend. Guy lowered his look. He had done ill, but was it a sin to fool a pagan?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for reward, is it Ok to ask My oldest sons wife to become breagnent, despite he isent staying at my court but is a count of oxford?
If not then five (or more) spiritfull courtiers to my court.

Last edited:
House of Vojislav​

[Again rough like hell. Not fun writing these thingies from my work office...but it is only then I have time. Crap]

Matija the Boy-King Vojislav 1124-1139
Matija, the Boy-King of Greater Serbia, is in the eyes of the historians, was a quite competent leader. However, much of it can be acredited to the ruling council of the the Vojislav advisor Matija had around him. But, as he grew older, he assumed more command, yet, never quite enough. Sadly enough, as he was growing, he was encourage to partake in health and friendship building activities with the neighboring vassals and rulers. Yet, a Boy-King should not partake in a hunt when the years are still young. He fell of his horse and suffered a wound he never get rid of, and ultimatly carried him to his grave. The only major incident, that is credited to Matija, was the assasination of the boy ruler of a countship in Russia, so that land would befall a countvassal to a duke loyal to the crown. His reputation never quite recovered after that. And to north, the crown of Hungary fell, to much worried thoughts, to the behemoth of Central Europe, Bohemia. The catholic backstabbers of Hungary, was now replaced with a much bigger realm. Hardly an improvement in the eyes of the Boy King and his advisors. When the Boy King finally died too young, he had no brothers, nor no cousins. His heir was the Duke of Rashka, as the Petrislav the Great once was. A relative distanced thrice.

Smilec Vojislav 1104 -
During the early reign, there was some good news. The wealth of Serbia expanded greatly, much thanks to the wealthy countship of Hum, which contributed greatly to the coffers of Serbia, and the expansion eastwards. While the door north to the Hungarian Crown was slammed shut by the bohemians, a door was opened to the east. Where Byzantine Emperor, mishandled the early revolts in the eyes of his vassals, leading to defections in great numbers. An oppurtinity that could not be missed. Even if those lands might be forced to be released in the future, a strong bargain position could be built. Something that did not happen every day to the realm of Serbia, as it was now indeed squeezed between Bohemia, Italy and Byzantium. Where the old situation of Croatia, Hungary and Byzantium was the Bear, Wolf and Tiger versus the Deer of Serbia, the sitution was instead now where the Lion of Serbia was forced between the Dire Wolf of Bohemia, the Great Bear of Italy, and the somewhat Crippled Tiger of Byzantium. As Smilec Vojislav said, "The Good Lord do not take, without giving something back."...The Door of Hungary was closed...but the Door of Byzantium was opened...

A bit of clarification, Matija died quite to young to have a direct heir, so another branch of Petrislav Vojislavs family took over, the branch of Marko Vojislav, the second eldest son of Petrislav, younger brother to Vlkan Vojislav, who fathered Pavle the Great Vojislav. From Marko Vojislav, who was granted the duchy of Rashka by his father Petrislav, the line continued to his third son Ilias Vojislav, and from Ilias Vojislav continues the line of Markos branch to Ilias eldest son Smilec Vojislav.

Piety please as AAR reward

Last edited:
Eird said:
Have no fear. I will only nibble at the weaker fringes...you will always have Anatolia...

Besides...what else can I do? Really? And furthermore, it is what the current king shoud think if he was real.

The Treaty of ___Valencia___

Know Ye All Men By What Follows

That the counties of: ____Maan and Cyrenaica____,

the titles Duke of __________N/A__________,

and the titles King of __________N/A__________

are hereby confirmed as _____Arabian_____ possessions, now and forever, for the Kings of _____Arabia_____ to rule and defend with the strength and wisdom granted them by Our Lord Jesus Christ.

Let it be so.

[Seal of King Phillippe de Cournaille of Brittany]

In a break with tradition, King Orson de Cornuaille did not bother to meet with King Silvester de Hauteville of Arabia over these two counties, both far-flung from Breton proper. It is rumored that he merely barked at his chancellor "Whatever. Write it up and I'll seal it, but I'm not going anywhere over fucking Arabian counties."