• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lurken

Leading the Mombotian Horde
58 Badges
Oct 6, 2003
Visit site
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Lead and Gold
  • Magicka
Prelude, part I
secretalley-thumb.jpg

A shadow within a shadow sneaked trough the near-empty streets of the City. Roma. The one.
The shadow knocked on a door in a darkened alley.

"Ophelia is busy" someone with a femine voice behind the door said.

"Fire is the question to the answer." The shadow uttered.

"Come in."

The shadow entered, and shedded his darkened outer clothes, and a man emerged, a man with a scruffy look, a man who wouldn't hesitate to sell his own mother to get a solidi. In the lights of indoor, a women is seen. Black hair, and a skin, like that of the people of Persia. Endowed with a generous nubile body. A lady of the night, yet, her eyes were not those of a lady of the night, but sooner an assassin, a lady of knives, a lady cunning of subterfuge, and alight with fire.

"It is chilly out there, maybe I could get some warmth here?"

"No. Not tonight. There are bigger things that must be handled."

"Afterwards?"

"If you pay."

"Good good. Let us get over with."

"Yes, and good riddance of him. No longer will he stand in our way. Soon we will take power."

"Are you sure that the man east of Persia is reliable?

"Of course, his father served my father."

The lady hands over a non-descript bag, with something inside, it jingles when it changes hands.

"Take this and wait in the alleys west of the Senate. Afterwards, make sure that he get his bonus." A smile danced on the face of the lady, a smile devoid of all warmth, and full of malice and evil.

"Of course my Master. I am to serve you."

"Good Servius, now go. You can get your "warmth" later. A change is in the air now. I can feel it. Grasp it. Go, now!"

This AAR will not always be active, since I got two more AARs I gotta finish...yes Master I've been a bad boy. But juggling apathy, depression, school, love conundrums and soccer for reality tv is a hard matter indeed.

What this AAR is really about...well...it will or will not be revealed in due time. However, the focus will be, atleast for the preludes be in themes like I've already started, what after that? You'll see...

Prelude part II​

caesar.jpg

Rome. The great empire. Empire of the world. Lead by a great man, the one who would give name to rulers, such as Kaiser, Kejsare, Tsar, Qaysar, he was Ceasar.
Forged the Empire of Rome from the body of the Republic, uniter, divider, warlord, builder, Ceasar.
Conquerer of the Gauls, invader of the Britons, Pater Patriea, subjugator of Persia, ruler of the Mare Nostrum, Ceasar.

All things must come to an end. Some more bloody then others. Ceasars end was bloody.

In the alleys west of the Senate waited a man, Servius, for betrayer. It was rainy. It was dark. It was boring, yet Servius could not let down his attention, or he would run risk of being killed, or worse.

A man appeared and walked towards him. Servius called out:

"Damned the night, why must it be so dark?"

"Without the dark, there could be no light."

It was he, the betrayer, Filius. They walked closer. A bag was handed over. They parted away. Filius would do his job, and Servius his.

Servius walked away, and waited for Filius to return. He had already his dagger ready, poisoned, Filius would get the betrayers reward, death. He never sensed his own death. Servius would never feel any pain, as the assassin crushed the neck and skull of Servius.

The unseen assassin hurried along the shadows of Rome, after Filius.

Prelude Part III
thiefbr0.jpg

The night, this darkened night, with clouds hindering the weak star light from illuminating the streets of Rome.
This night, this night of quick and sudden death. How would it end?

The unseen assassin followed Filius trough the streets of Rome, with Filius unaware of what would happen.

Filius approached a seldom used backdoor to the Senate, he hesitated. Is this right? Should I do this? Should I betray my father?

Then he felt his wieght on his belt, the bag of gold, his pay for this, and more afterwards would he get. Sigh. It must be done, to long B'mo'otm been supressed, now revenge would be at hand!

He went to the door, knocked on it to call the attention of the guard. The job must be done, he thought while gripping the hild of his dagger, it must be done!

"Who walks there?"

""Hail Jupiter, and the Pater Patriea Ceasar! It is I Brutus. Let me in, I command thee!"

"I beg for forgiveness, I failed to recongnize you in this dark night."

The door opens.

When Brutus comes in trough the door, he stabs the knife in the troath of the guard. The guard tries to scream or lift his sword, but fails. As the blood vanish from his body, so does his life and he slumps to the ground.

"Why? Why had it to be Decius' time to stand guard here...wasted..." Time to continue this gasthly job...

Brutus feels a jab of pain in his neck, like someone pinched him. He can't move.

Up around him walks a small man in dark clothes.

Brutus asks "Who are you?"

But only get silence for answer.

The last thing he sees is fingers of the man, moving horrifyingly fast towards his eyes. He feel his body go slump, and his life leaving his body. The last thought was "Why?"

Last edited:
I'm reading this AAR!

Duke - Death is common when it comes to cleaning the tracks after yourself. And thanks for calling this story seedy, maybe the first AAR that got that decription.

anonymous4401 - Good to have you around here.

More to come, the first episod of the prelude is soon over.

I´m following to. I´m glad that I started reading before to much had happened. Keep it up.

Prelude Part IV

grim_reaper.jpg

Trajan walked slowly trough the corridors of the mighty building that housed the Senate. Why did he always get the night time to patrol? Someone must do it.

It seemed like forever with nothing at all happening. Boring, like always. It seemed quiet and calm, a quick chat with Decius couldn't hurt, could it?

Trajan quickened his pace towards the backdoor that Decius guarded. When he got closer, he smelled the coppery smell of blood and earthy smell of latrine.

"Decius!?"

As he rounds the corner he sees the horror, the backdoor open and the bloodied Decius.

"No!!"

Trajan rushes forward forward to Decius, he might still be amongst the living, as he reaches him he lifts up Decius in his arms and feels that Decius cannot be alive. Then the severity of the situation comes to him, a killer in the Senate.

As Trajan sounds the alarm, our unseen assassin is carefully moving towards his goal, burdened with the betrayer. But is startled by the alarm.

"It shouldn't be sounded yet, I must hurry now." He says very quietly to himself and the dead body of the betrayer.

Prelude Part V​
hm5_2_4_1_big.jpg

"Ceasar! Ceasar! Are you well?" Shouted the guards as the banged at the locked door to the quarter of Ceasar. As they got no reply, the centurion decided to knock the door down, damned with consequenses.

As the guards stormed in, they halted in their tracks at what they saw. Ceasar dead, with a sword through his gut, and Brutus, with his troath in the hands of Ceasar.

"Ceasar is dead...it can't be....it can't be..."

The news spread quickly over Rome. The Pater Patriea was dead, by the hands of his own son, Brutus. Much confusion was created, mostly by the Senate, who tried to regain power, but also from some military leaders, such as Augustinius and Pompey. Chaos and instability followed quickly.

But back in the house of Ophelia, it was a cheery mood, she had a friend over to visit and someone to thank. It is the small man, in the light his features are much more clearer, he his old, wizened, but with much attention and life in his black slanted eyes.

"Master it was a splendid job you did."

The small man simply nods.

"Your aid is greatly appreciated and I am very grateful. Now to the payment."

The small man raises a hand and waves dismissevly.

"No pay?"

Nod.

"But..."

Dismissevly wave with the hand.

"Very well then...but remember, as your father served my father, me and my descendends will be ready to aid and help you."

Nod. Smile.

The small man walks to the door and nods, as to say goodbye.

Last edited:
All very mysterious, very shrouded, and not just be the shadows of the night. It will be interesting to see where all this is leading.

stnylan said:
All very mysterious, very shrouded, and not just be the shadows of the night. It will be interesting to see where all this is leading.
It is for me to know and you to learn about....

Prelude part VI​
Saintz05.jpg

The christianity. The refuge of the weak and hunted. With the Pope Zephyrinus at the helm, it was a weak church. Splintered and divided, criticized and hunted. The church was in need of aid, they would get aid, from an unexpected direction.

In his own personal antechamber sat Pope Zephyrinus, awaiting an emissary claiming to represent believers of Christ from Persia. The door opens, and in walks the emissary.

"Ahh, Farhad Otm, I presume."

"Yes, and you must be the Pope. I come to in peace, and with offerings. I brought to you from the lands of my home, this figurine depicting Jesus Christ."

"Ah...what a lovely figurine. Thank you for you offering. But please sit down."

"Yes, now...I heared that you had trouble brewing in the church, no?"

"So true, the church is racked with heresy and the "Antipope" Natalius is only making it worse."

"Perhaps, I could help you remedy it, show Natalius that his way is not the way of God, but rather the way of the Devil."

"How?"

"I am a pious man, I can convince him with my piety."

"Farhad, if you can do that, you will have my blessing on you, and your decendents."

"Then I will be better on my way. No time to rest, when we must save the church."

Farhad rises and walks out of the door. Somehow, Zephyrinus felt quite uncomfertable in the precense of Farhad Otm, but why?

That followin morning Natalius apperead at the doorsteps of Zephyrinus, covered in ash, dressed in sackcloth begging and crying for forgiveness. Zephyrinus was a bit shocked and surprised, but was pleased with how fast Farhad worked. Perhaps he had some gift after all.

I wonder precisely what happened that night. There are many methods of persuasion.

Prelude part VII
vatican_st_peters_interior.jpg
The Vatican. The seet of the Papal Power. Always undisputed. Center of the power in Europe, kings kneeling before the Pope, peasentry listening to the sermons of priest of the catholic church. The church is strong. If they only knew...

Prayer of Otm
"Pay homage to our Mother Oldooz, and our Defender Farhad and pray for our salvation. We will never forget our plight that our Mother saved us from, nor the revenge on the Dark one. Pray that our Defender will protect us in times of need, and save us from evil. We will never fail our Mother or our Defender, we will always do what is needed for our cause. Never falter, never hesitate, never fall down, such is the creed that we must follow, to pay homage to our Mother Oldooz and our Defender Farhad. So it was said, and so it will be said in times to come."

Last edited: