• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ulmont said:
In a break with tradition, King Orson de Cornuaille did not bother to meet with King Silvester de Hauteville of Arabia over these two counties, both far-flung from Breton proper. It is rumored that he merely barked at his chancellor "Whatever. Write it up and I'll seal it, but I'm not going anywhere over fucking Arabian counties."
King Orson also seems to be ahead of the times in his development of cursing :D

Varyar said:
King Orson also seems to be ahead of the times in his development of cursing :D
While I have taken the liberty of translating King Orson's Nou Brezhoneg curses into English, the etymology of the word fuck is sufficiently unclear that it may have been extant in 1146.

The story of Bohemia
(May 16, 1136 – Jan 1, 1146)
Beginning Stats
Date: May 16, 1136
Leader: Hynek Premyslid 1075-?)
Titles: King of Bohemia and Poland, Duke of Esztorgomz and Swabia, Count of Praha, Pressburg, Meissen, Plzen
Vassals: 33
Income: 51.69
Manpower: 118836
Martial: 27
Diplomacy: 24
Intrigue: 29
Stewardship: 28
Laws: Semisalic Primogeniture, Feudal Contract, Regal Supremacy

End Stats
Date: Jan 1, 1146
Leader: Hynek Premyslid 1075-?)
Titles: King of Bohemia, Poland and Hungary, Count of Praha, Pressburg, Meissen, Plzen
Vassals: 37
Income: 35.14
Manpower: 166938
Martial: 27
Diplomacy: 22
Intrigue: 30
Stewardship: 22
Laws: Semisalic Primogeniture, Feudal Contract, Regal Supremacy

Treaties:
Pressburg Boarder Agreement Treaty (end date of April 19, 1250)
Ulmont is Guaranteeing my Independence
Boarder Agreement with Carillon
Alliance with Italy and Prussia

Goals:
1. Stay alive. (yes)
2. Add the realm of Hungary before one of my vessel inherited it. (Yes)
3. Add the Duchy of Sjaelland to realm. (yes)
4. Have fun. (yes)

Start map
land3zk7.jpg

End map
I will put up soon.

The first I did was start grabbing claims on Heves, Pecs, Feher, and Szekelyfold, so I could get the king of Hungary title. Lurken said that he planned on making a claim on Hungary and I didn’t want him to get it. I also had a vessel that as in heir to the Hungary King and because the Hungary King was so old I was worried that I wouldn’t be able to finish my war with Hungary before he died. The good news for me was able to finish my war and gain all of Hungary’s land as my own. I started fill up Hungary empty land up with my relatives and other Bohemia’s so I could lower my bad boy. I few of my vessel rebelled, but I was able to add them back and drop my claims on their land to lower my bad boy. Next I add a new chancellor to my realm by the name of Mael-Fuili Ui Canannain. Mael-Fuili Ui Canannain is a 22 old blind prodigy knowledge tactician. When the monument comes I will have to give him a land to be a ruler for. I lost Slupsk in, because the old ruler die and Otater Halice took over. Otater Halice is a vessel of Prussia by the way. Next I invaded the Duchy of Sjaelland in hopes that I will be able to trade it to Prussia for land in central Germany. Later I picked up some of Prussia rebelling vessel and I am holding them for when Prussia came back. Oh by the way this whole time AI Prussia was at war with Finland and ending up winning. Some of France in Holland also started rebelling and pledged to me, which I hold for France until he was able to lower his bad boy and retake them. I also had a chance to raise my stab by once which I took. By doing this me lower my gold by about -2000, but Italy was nice and gave over 5000 gold to me. I hope one day I will be able to repay Italy back and give him some money. I also saw that my heir’s heir is inbred so I writing this arr to get rid of that trait.

Aar inbred trait on Boleslav Premyslid I would like removed.

Oh by the way Prussia and myself will be trading the land of Duchy of Sjaelland, Gelre, Lithuania, Livonia and country of Frisia for county of wurttemburg, baden, Leiningen, Besancon and Pfalz. I will be paying for the treaty and Prussia will be writing it up shortly.

Letter to the prince of Abghazia

We both received through some recent events a city that doens't rightfully belong to our demesne so I would like that we exchanged these cities in order to keep the our treaty alive

[Seal of Silvester King of Arabia,Jerusalem and etc]

TheConqueror said:
Letter to the prince of Abghazia

We both received through some recent events a city that doens't rightfully belong to our demesne so I would like that we exchanged these cities in order to keep the our treaty alive

[Seal of Silvester King of Arabia,Jerusalem and etc]

Have you received the PM I sent you yet? The message receipt system says you've received it but not read it, but I'm never sure such systems are perfect.

fasquardon

March 11th, 1138
Tbilisi, Abghasia

To Eyvind Nidarson,

from Anja Sigridsdatter,

Greeting.

As you know, I departed Norway in some haste, and with little good will.

Anja paused, snorting to herself with weary amusement. The way these soft-spoken Georgian strils rubbed off on her was nothing new, but that was surely her finest understatement yet. She dipped her quill again and wrote on carefully; parchment was expensive. But this was one missive she wasn't entrusting to any clerk, shaking hands or not. Besides, none of them spoke uptime Norwegian.

I still believe that we could have got duels into Norwegian custom 200 years early, and that Geir was wrong to oppose me. But that is water under the bridge, and past; let it go.

Anja stopped again, expecting her hands to tremble with the memory of old rage; but they were steady. It was, after all, long ago; and she had done well enough for herself. She had not thought of the hard years of her exile for a long time now; and somehow, while she wasn't looking, her bitterness had healed. Her lips quirked in a smile. So she was taking her own advice now; surely she was getting old.

I have built a life for myself here, and for my children; and I am satisfied with it. I write to you now, and send my grand-daughter to you through this dark Europe, because I have information you need to know: There are Communists in Russia.

I do not know how they have done it, but I am convinced it is true: Even here, we have not escaped our ancient enemies.

Anja stopped once more, and this time she did tremble, with rage and a sick hatred. Even here, the Communists had followed them, to thwart their plans. All the work, the sacrifice of a thousand years of proud history, and it wasn't yet enough. The smarmy, hypocritical strils had come downtime, and all the hopeless history was to be played out again, barren mountainous Norway armed only with pride and courage against a rich world and all the peoples thereof. It was a long minute before she could bring her hands under control again.

My evidence for this is twofold. First, I have seen the Russian army; it is organised in ten-man squads, ten squads to a company, ten companies to a division, ten divisions to an army; and the words they use for these units are uptime Russian, as are the ranks of the officers. Second, an embassy came to Abghazia last year, and the ambassador's eyes were genemod purple - it's unmistakable. No unmodified human has that eye colour.

I have made a life for myself outside Norway. But I still love the old country, and the family; and so I give you this information, and were I a Christian, I would pray you can make use of it. As it is - I think the Ynglings must once again go to war, without enough weapons or industry or soldiers; and Loki help us if we fail. Do what you can, Eyvind; for we will all suffer what we must.

She breathed a deep, shuddering sigh; she had gotten through the worst part. The rest would be much easier.

I turn now to happier matters; what good is being an Yngling, if you cannot brag of your family? I have children, and now grandchildren; my grand-daughter Zemfira leads the embassy that will give you this letter. They are good children, strong and deadly, although they have not the name. Still they are sound breeding stock, and I have taught them to fight. So I ask that you do not treat them as strils, but as national comrades of the Race; and they will extend to you and yours the same courtesy. It may be useful in the future to have Ynglings among the ruling family of Georgia.

I have yet another request for you. I have made a life for me and mine here, in the Caucasus mountains. Yngling armies came this far once, in the Final War; it is a good land for fighting in, strong and clean as only mountains can be. But still, it is not my land. I feel age in my bones, and the night creeping into my blood. The injury I did to Norway's rulers was long ago, and in another country. I ask, therefore, that my bones may come home, to lie among the fiords, where the summer is long, and even the deepest midnight may be touched by the aurora. As we share blood, and in memory of that Norway which only we remember, I ask that you grant me this favour.

I remain, your kinswoman and comrade,

Anja Sigridsdatter Yngling.

The five most noble, high-born, and Christian lords: Einar Sigurdsson King of Norway and Sweden, the Wends and the Goths; Orson de Cornouaille, by force of arms King of Brittany and all the Spains; Agostino I, King of Italy, Lord of Egypt; Hynek Premyslid, King of Bohemia; and Konrad Billung, King of Prussia,

united by common faith and common concern into the League of the West, send, to their kinsman and brother, Dmitrii Rurikovich, styled Czar of all the Russias:

Greeting!

Whereas God ordains, for each nation and people, a rightful border;

and whereas, in their righteous zeal to spread Christian civilisation over the East, our brother Dmitrii's servants have extended the rule of the Rus far and wide,

and whereas this rule encroaches upon lands rightfully given by God from ancient times to other nations,

we, the League of the West, hereby request, and require, that the Czar of all the Russias make good and repair the errors of his servants, to wit, in the following fashion:

Item the first, that the ancient Kingdom of Georgia shall be restored to its full independence under the rule of the Bagratunids, acknowledged as sovereigns in their own right, neither beholden nor liegeman to any other kingdom;

Item the second, that the ancient kingdom of Khazaria shall be restored to its full independence under the rule of the family of Crimea, acknowledged as sovereigns in their own right, neither beholden nor liegeman to any other kingdom;

Item the third, that the provinces of Torzhok, Onega, Vodi, Kexholm, and Kola, and all other territories of the Finnish nation which may from time to time come under the dominion of the Rus, shall be held in fief by their rulers from Einar Sigurdsson, who shall have the rights in those lands of bread and salt, seisin and land-tax, imperium and dominion, now and for all time forward;

Item the fourth, that the provinces of Zemigalians, Orsha, Jacwiez, Minsk, and Turov-Pinsk shall be held in fief by their rulers from Konrad Billung, who shall have the rights in those lands of bread and salt, seisin and land-tax, imperium and dominion, now and for all time forward;

Item the fifth, that the provinces of Vladimir Volynsky, Peremyshl, and Galich shall be held in fief by their rulers from Hynek Premyslid, who shall have the rights in those lands of bread and salt, seisin and land-tax, imperium and dominion, now and for all time forward.

If these reasonable and courteous requests are not met, we five Kings of the West hereby state that we shall not hesitate to regard Dmitrii Rurikovich as outside our brotherhood, and to make war upon him and all who stand by him with our utmost force, until he submits to justice and the natural order is restored to the world, or until we have all given our lives and the lives of our sons in the righteous cause of serving God's Will.

We remain, your brothers in the True Faith,

X Einar Sigurdsson Yngling, his mark
X Orson de Cournaille and the Breton Seal
X Agostino I of Italy, His Seal
X Hynek Premyslid
X Konrad Billung

King of Men said:
Item the first, that the ancient Kingdom of Georgia shall be restored to its full independence under the rule of the Bagratunids, acknowledged as sovereigns in their own right, neither beholden nor liegeman to any other kingdom;

The crown of Georgia is not within the Russian right to dispose, and this failure to recognise the sovereign rights of the Abghazian prince a profound insult, particularly given that three of the five signatories would claim to be some sort of kin to the Bagratuni.

fasquardon

Last edited:
fasquardon said:
The crown of Georgia is not within the Russian right to dispose, and this failure to recognise the sovereign rights of the Abghazian prince a profound insult, particularly given that three of the five signatories would claim to be some sort of kin to the Bagratuni.
What are we to believe when this one-sided union persists year after year? And what could be a greater recognition of sovereignity than the demand that the sovereign is crowned?

The Sovereign Crown of Russia and Georgia had already been in negotiations over this very issue we agreed that to possibly forstall this very situation that we'ld separate once a minor border adjustment takes place so that my wealth and manpower is enough on par with my neighbours so I am not disadvantaged.

Beyond that reducing my nation to less then a quarter of its original size would leave my cosniderably weaker then even Prussia and is a ridiculas demand, I can return Jacqwies to Prussia if they deem to make a large fuss over this but there's still the matter of hylnov and Grassland cheremisia which by treaty still need to be handed over.

And surrendering Galich to who I don't know is such a random demand that I not speak of it in seriousness.

Sid Meier said:
Beyond that reducing my nation to less then a quarter of its original size would leave my cosniderably weaker then even Prussia and is a ridiculas demand,
Don't be silly, we're not asking for 75% of your territory. All of Rus save for the unnatural bulge west of Kiev remains in your hands.

Yeah, thats a Quarter. Khazaria is the entirity of the Ukraine and Crimea if I lsoe that then ild have a fraction of my former wealth and manpower and end up severaly weaker then any of the individual signatories.

“In 1136, we lose records of what actually happened in the Kingdom of Prussia. The official record states that Ludwig died in 1139, but that does not match up with what we do know. Why we are skeptical is Prussia’s all out war in this period. What is surprising is both the lack of letters flowing from the King of Prussia and in the mismanagement of vassals at home. Scholars find it difficult to believe that a King known for his amiable nature and abundant love of letter-writing would suddenly cease all communication. Thus, in this period we believe Ludwig died in 1137, right towards the beginning of the ill-advised Finnish war. This Finnish war could have spelled the end of any Prussian claim of power, sacrificing rich, core provinces in Germany for the icy frozen North. Thankfully, two events happened which saved Prussia power. First, Konrad Billung was able to overthrow the Regency that had started such wars, trying to rule well at the tender age of 14. Second, Prussia’s longtime friend and ally, Bohemia, was able to secure and subdue many unruly vassals until Prussia was able to restabilize.

We have fragments of the treaty between the two German Kingdoms, found in the ruins of a monastery in Lübeck. The greeting is standard, one you have all come to expect. Next, we have the exhortations to follow God’s will and walk in light. Nothing truly interesting. The part of the manuscript has been lost, time had taken its toll on this parchment before it could be restored in full. The problem is that we do not know what was offered or given in the missing part. While some things followed patterns, not all did and this is the first treaty we have seen with clear indications of a paragraph before the actual text of land exchange, which did survive. It too is nothing revolutionary, though it does show friendship between the Houses of Billung and Premyslid. Here is part of the treaty:

‘In exchange for felicity and through divine reason, Bohemia does hereby bestow upon Prussia the fealty of the Duchies of Sjaelland, Gelre, Lithuania, Livonia and the County of Frisia, along with all lesser titles those men might hold. Prussia, recognizing the goodwill of Bohemia, does transfer to their personal demnse Leninngen, along with the ever-fast loyalty of the Counts of Baden, Wurttemburg, Bescason and Pzalf’”

-Lecture transcript of H. Johrson

AAR reward: Increase the wealth level of Kurs

Also, FoCoG with Bohemia, for the territories he lists in his aar. His payment.

Gentlemen, I suggest that diplomatic discussion in this thread be done in-character; keep the OC for PMs and the game thread, please. :)

As for Georgia, the League of the West calls upon the Bagratunids to demonstrate that their independence and sovereignty is not a sham, by renouncing the rule of Dmitrii Rurikovich, self-styled Czar of all the Russias. We have long been patient in this matter.

The Abghazians have joined on their own free will and have been friends of the Russian people for years, if they wish to become independent then they shall have it but the West has no right nor claim to force their independence if they had not wished it.

Eliuo, to appease the hungry tigers of the west I can agree that with Soveriegn Prince of Abghazia's consent to bestoy upon them the King title of Georgia, but the other demands surely the west must realize are unreasonable, nearly half of Khazaria is nominally under the jurisdiction of Abghazia, and granted independence to the remainder when they're only history of such is savage pagan tribes is an unreasonable absurd claim.

I can give the Finnish lands, and the Lithunian lands with the exception of poltolsk, but cedign Minsk, and the Galician part of Ukraine goes to far.

I Silvester King of Arabia
Will give my humble and neutral opnion

As the leader of a neutral country I feel I must give an just and impartial suggestion to give a quick and peaceful resolution to this discussion

About Item one:
Yes Georgia should be a kingdom

About Item two:
I disagree,pagan barbarians should only exist to be slaves of noble and civilized men like us despite the fact that Russia and Georgia aren't perfect christians because they're orthodox
But if they could be civilized then a small kingdom could exist,after all we must pity their miserable existances

About Item three:
This I agree,but Russia could stay with the easternmostprovince

About Item four:
I agree with this,though concessions can be made

About Item five:
Concessions should be made in this case

The message

After a letter I received from Einar Sigurdsson Yngling King of Norway
I decided to give my full support to the League of the West he explained the reason behind the demands and I agreed with all my heart and faith

I now place my seal upon the pact of these virtuous rulers
May the glory of god guide us
[Seal of Silvester de Hauteville King of Arabia]

Treaties.

The Serbia-Byzantine Treaty.

Manual Diogenes, Emperor of Byzantium and King Bulgaria, as represented by Kosmos Skleros, Chancellor of Byzantium, extends this proposal to Smilec Vojislavljevic.

Emperor Manual Diogenes offers the Provinces of Belgrade and Vidin, Serbian Provinces by right, to our Balkan Brothers in exchange for peace. It is our wish to see Serbia united, as is our wish to see Byzantium united. As such, in exchange for these two Provinces, Emperor Manual of Byzantium asks for King Smilec of Serbia to withhold his Armies from attack rightful Byzantium provinces and vassals, as well as any Byzantium Vassal that has rebelled from Emperor Manuals rule.
Hopefully this Treaty can be a sign of peace and brotherhood between Byzantium and Serbia, both States which hold true to the first Church, and instead of vying over each other for land we shall instead work together to expand and grow our two Civilizations.

(Seal of Emperor Manual Diogenes, as represented by Chancellor Kosmos Skleros.)

OOC:

OOC terms for this treaty (should Serbia accept.) are give Serbia the Provinces of Belgrade and Vidin, in exchange Serbia will not attack Byzantium or any of it's currently rebellious or rebelled Vassals. FoCoG price will be paid by me.

Last edited:
More Treaties.

The Italian-Byzantine Treaty.

Manual Diogenes, Emperor of Byzantium and King of Bulgaria, as represented by Kosmos Skleros, Chancellor of Byzantium, offers the province of Limisol in Cyprus, in exchange only for friendship and Trust, to King Agostino I von Zharingen, King of Italy and Lord of Egypt. May this gift be a testament to the loyalty of the Byzantium people of our friendship with the fair people of Italy, whom we consider brothers in culture and in arms.

(Seal of Emperor Manual Diogenes, Emperor of Byzantium, as represented by the Chancellor of Byzantium, Kosmos Skleros.)

OOC:

Sorry for the late posts of these Treaties, had a hectic day today and I couldn't get to my own computer, let alone my own apartment until 7PM. OOC terms for this treaty is to give Italy the Province of Limisos in Cyprus. FoCoG Cost will be paid by me.